main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thoughts on special edition release

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by STARDOG-D-JEDI, Dec 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Well they say that the special edition is going to be on dvd come next November. But they also say that Lucas is still working on making them the Ultimate edition and fixing a lot of stuff. My thought. The special edition will come out in November and then Episode three will hit in May 2005 and then Lucas will pull a peter jackson and rerelease the triology in theaters again after episode three as the Ultimate Edition. Causing us all to buy the trilogy again on dvd for the second time. He's gonna be laughing to the bank and we will follow his lead because as the Emperor said "It is unavoidable."

2. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    I personally wish they would sell the dvd's with the original and the new version. I think I've heard they did it with the Lion King. If they continue messing with the originals I hope they change it back to Han shooting greedo in cold blood. I hope they take Jabba out of a New Hope or atleast make him look as good as they did in Jedi only with CGI(unfortunately) and make this scene less comical.(Not having Han step on his tell-that was just stupid) I like all the original Jedi Band scenes and songs better.I don't mind if they keep the more graphic Wampa scene in Empire. I'm borderline thinking some of us fans are gonna be disappointed with the dvd releases. Which sucks 'cos my VHS's will eventually get worn out probably. The Empire tape is already showing wear and tear.(Static line at the top of the screen-tracking doesn't help).....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.