main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ticket Prices - Questions and Discussions

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by DarthNightfire, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, that would be cool. Then we could start planing and saving (more) money - or spend some if have already saved enough (I doubt this though). ;)

2. DarthNightfire

DarthNightfire Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    I already have $125 saved so far for the event. To balance out my income, I put $5 in my CE savings every week. I spend the rest on other needs. :p

3. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    DNF - you just going to CE, or CIV as well?

CIII signature prices were between One and Three vouchers if memory serves, and a picture voucher. I think the pics were $5, and the sigs were $10 each...so sig prices ranged from $15 - $35.

I think prices for this event will likely be £10 - £45 (if they get any of the big wads).

I also wouldn't be surprised if this event only costs about £50 for the three days & two nights (assuming there will be some form of evening stuff going on).

BTW, curent US Dollar : UK Pound exchange rate is about 1.9 i.e. $19 = £10 - expect it to be much lower by May sort of time - people looking to come over should probably looking at buying some of their currency while the exchange rate is good, i know i'm going to do so for my CIV plans, :)

4. DarthNightfire

Apr 3, 2006
    Yeah I know. But lke I said, I have contacts there. I can just trade in my money there.

5. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Can anyone who's been to CIII or any of the other big conventions give an idea of how fast tickets sell out/if they do? Because the 'end of November' projected release is not looking good for me :(

6. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    The number of tickets available will be determined by health and safetly rules. Now it's been moved to a bigger (in theory) venue then I think you wont need to worry about getting tickets as-soon-as-possible but if you can, then do for ease of mind at least ;)

But I wouldn't worry too much.

7. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    C3 did not sell out, people could buy tickets when they got there, although it was more expensive than preordering them. :)

As Matt said, I would not worry. Myself, I can't afford to buy the tickets yet, but I expect there to be no problem.

8. FitKisto88

FitKisto88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2006
    The article on the main page says that tickets go on sale late November. There's not much of November left now, so I hope we hear something soon.

It would be good if the ticket booking isn't a manic free-for-all, like with that SW Marathon Screening in London last year.

9. DarthNightfire

Apr 3, 2006
    Grrrr..... They moved to a different convention center! Now I have to take...... A CAR! :eek:

10. simon_hrdng

simon_hrdng Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
    I wonder when the tickets will go on sale. Anyone know if we have to pay for each celebrity?

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I would assume so. The shows I have been to here in the UK have been that way.

12. DarthNightfire

Apr 3, 2006
    Wait, what?

13. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    We will most likely have to pay for each autograph, yes.

If the autographs were free for all attendants, then there would be chaos.. With a small fee, then only those who really want an autograph from that will stand in line for the guest. Plus, each guest usually gets all the earnings for his/her autograph sales.
    This is common practice everywhere.

14. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Basically, you don't get autographs for free (though there are exceptions).

Each guest has a fee, dependant most often on how important their role was in the films. I have seen unnamed (EU) background characters signing pictures or visitor's own items for £10+
    Bigger stars cost more.

Usual entrance does not cover signatures, though some shows do what are often called "Gold Passes" which are VIP level passes and sometimes include a number of autographs free (or within the price of the gold pass). Gold passes will be pricey, if they do them.

15. DarthNightfire

Apr 3, 2006
    Well I knew that.... [face_mischief]

16. ch-hala

ch-hala Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2006
    So do we know where we buy from and how much?

17. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    The website wasn't working for me (still had coming soon), but the phone number worked fine. I just booked two 3 day tickets for myself and my girlfriend.

Prices are;

1 Day - £21.75

3 Day - £53.50

I got two of the 3 day ones and it came to £111.85 so there was £4.85 postage (just over £2.42 each)

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    The prices are out? That's cool! Now we can plan and book everything! :D

Thanks for the information. :)

19. Qui-Ton-Set

Qui-Ton-Set Jedi Master star 2

May 7, 2006
    Bought mine!

Be careful they ask you how many kids you are taking under 12 - then bill you for it un UNLESS you tell them they are under 8yrs!!

Phew! That was close!......

20. ch-hala

ch-hala Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2006
    Got myself a ticket this morning for 3 days.
    They said they will send it about 10 days before the event.
    Win++

21. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Seems like our estimates were close to the mark, which I'm happy about :D

Will probably order my tickets soon, and will see just how good the special hotel rates are.

22. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    It's a bit of a pain in the arse that they are selling them right before Christmas. I'm holding off on getting mine for a while.

23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Got an email today about the tickets being on sale. Better late than never I guess..

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, I got one, too. But without naming any prices... ;)

25. Wengboi

Wengboi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2006
    If you are part of some of the Star Wars fan clubs, yiu get sent a lenyard pass that allows you into "members only" areas, and allows some presidence over certain talls and the like. I might go for it, don't think the fan cluc is too expensive either! =]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.