main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tim Zahn coming to a bookstore near you!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DelReyPublicity, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Probably a good idea. ;)

2. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    Is anyone interested in eating dinner beforehand?

Between this thread and Celebration 3 I'm getting an overwhelming urge to make a costume.

3. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    That woudn't be a bad idea, especially since some of us will be going to the event from work.

But it should be closer to the bookstore than last time. ;)

4. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    theres a kickin restaurant up on the square... uh... crap... can't remember the name though... they've got the most bomb cheese fries i've ever seen... only about a two minute walk to the store from there

AH! Yours Truly... that's it!!

-b-

5. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    And make sure we eat a little more earlier so we don't have to rush!!

6. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Is that the one on Chagrin Blvd?

7. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    Earlier sounds good to me. More time to sit and eat and talk.

Is this it? www.ytr.com

8. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    The problem for the Akron/Canton contingent is that Brian and I work until 5. And in rush hour it takes a while to get up that direction. [face_plain]

9. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    In addition, the Oberlin contingent (tentatively three of us, and it looks like we can get a car!) will be delayed at least until I can get out of my Monday lab class. Actually, that's our first day of class, maybe I WON'T have a lab. That would be nice. Otherwise, I'd be the single most distracted person in there. :D

10. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    well, see... maybe the akron/canton contingent will have to eat something after the signing... so :p

but, yeah that is the restaurant that malo-ha linked too... and kim, it's not the one on chagrin... it's seriously like right behind us across the street when you're looking at the bookstore... (i think)

-b-

11. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    "Alright, Scooby-Doo time"
    We all park our "contingents" somewhere around there...meet at the restaurant (eat), head over to Joseph Beth Booksellers. Do the Zahn thing!

Frell me dead, this sounds like a plan!

12. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Uh, one thing, what time are we going to meet?

I'm going to wear my Jedi costume... now all I have to do is remember to lug it to school.

I also informed the Rebel Legion about this... hopefully someone comes from there.

13. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I would think that we would plan to meet at the restaurant as soon as we can get up there. ;)

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    what time are we going to meet?
    Well, that depends on how many of us want to eat before the event. First one there, reserve a large table...maybe calling ahead would be better. What time do the Akron and Oberlin "contingents" think they will be arriving at Shaker Square?

15. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    that's a really good question... depends on traffic and whether really... we'll make it by 7, but i don't know for sure when...

-b-

16. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Hrm... assuming I have my lab, I'm done with that at 4:30 (unless it's like first semester and the first lab of the semester is ridiculously easy). So allowing time for me to go back to my dorm, change into my Jedi costume, and come back up to fetch Rachel and Liz, we could probably be out by 5, and in Cleveland by 6, allowing a little extra time for bad traffic/bad roads. I'll talk to Liz about it, as she'll be driving.

17. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    So from all this talking have we gotten a rough time as when we will all meet and/or eat?

18. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    nope! :D

-b-

19. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Thought so. :D

20. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Hmmm...we don't want to be late like we were last time. But I would like to do dinner with the whole group.

Another idea is since I'm bringing up the Akron group, would we just want to have some pizza at my office for whenever people get there? I could have it delivered and waiting.

I have to eat something before the event. I get migraines if my blood sugar drops too low or too quickly.

What do you all think?

21. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Kim, since my hours at work have been cut, I designated that as my "short day" that week. So I should be able to be there even before 5:00pm. I am flexible with whatever eating plan the rest of the group wants to go with. I am like you though I get shaky and cranky if my blood sugar gets too low and no one wants to see me in that condition. :D Someone told me there is a place to eat in the bookstore itself. Anyone know if this is true?

22. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    I can get out there at any time. I just took the day off. It was easier that way. So if its needed I can get a table if I know how many are showing up.

Skye I've never been there so I couldn't tell you what food they sell.

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Someone told me there is a place to eat in the bookstore itself
    I'll get back to ya on that...might solve both problems (food/not being late) if there is something to eat THERE!

Once Emily gets home from school...we can head on over to Joseph Beth area. I can meet with Malo-Ha and anyone else coming in on early.

1 thing...can someone pick up a simple 8X10 frame? (nothing expensive) I'll have the Zahn award made out, just slap it in a frame and we're good to go!

Mangiare su
    Please, do what you gotta do...eat something before. Last time, those migrans really knocked you out. Depending on what is available at Joseph Beth, we may just want a place to sit around a talk...among ourselves and any other SW people that will be there.

BTW, NO SMOKING BRIAN! (you're welcome Kim!)

February 9th @ 7:00 PM Joseph Beth Booksellers
    Krash
    JJJ
    Jade-Walker
    Padawan92
    Jedi_BMack
    Anrev
    Malo-Ha
    Commander-DWH (and friend?)
    Douz
    GrnJalera
    Skyedancer
    DVR?
    Midichlorians?

24. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    [face_laugh] Thanks Geoff.
    Yeah. Let us know what you find out about the bookstore.

25. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    If me and Midi come, we won't be able to eat out with you guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.