main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Time to buy a new jukebox, change the menu, and get some fresh coffee in

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by halibut, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Well, I said that I would take the reins here on a temporary basis, and that basis has now come to its rightful end.

I'm delighted to have been a part of getting this forum created in the first place, and am grateful that I had the opportunity to mod here for a little while.

But my heart really isn't into film music anymore. The genre has moved on, and I'm stuck in the past.

And so it gives me great pleasure to announce that Barriss_Coffee will be keeping you unruly bunch of rabble in check. It's a difficult and time-consuming job, but you are in safe hands.

Be excellent to each other.

hal

2. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Finally, someone competent to rein in my potty mouth

(spot the blatant lies in that sentence)

I like my mods like I like my coffee: labelled "Coffee"

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Since this is such a rowdy forum I fully plan to down 5 shots of expresso every morning before signing on. Or maybe downing 5 shots of expresso and upping all the locked threads.

We have entered the Post-John Williams Generation...[face_worried]

I do wonder sometimes if the film music genre is on the verge of some sort of change. I don't see it, but I feel like it needs one. Or at least it needs someone who can make iconic themes like Williams had been famous for.

4. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    The foghorn in Inception doesn't count? :p

5. SidoDyas

SidoDyas Jedi Master star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    The JWFan.net forums have recently revealed some cool things about the scores (such as mockups and an AOTC cue listing) and most of the discussion of SW music seems to be concentrated over there (what little there is these days).

Sorry is this is getting off topic, but I would like to request that the complete score thread be unlocked and bumped, unless people think a new thread should be made. We heard last year that they were considering a soundtrack release to coincide with the Blu-rays so let's show our support in the case Lucasfilm briefly scans the forums for any signs of interest. I think it is safe to say that there are many of us fans who really want the complete scores. We have just gotten tired of waiting so we have gone quiet.

I know it may be too late now as they have probably decided either way. The fact that we have not had an announcement makes me think that it is not happening. Maybe the 3D releases will be another opportunity. I am still holding out for good news at SDCC though.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    No problem -- it has been unlocked. I think I'm going to have to go through and do the same with a number of these old threads. Especially Harry Potter 7, the Hobbit, etc...[face_thinking]

If anyone has any requests to bring back an old thread, let me know.

Zimmer's a thief!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.