main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN TIMMYCON! planning thread / TC!2- The Return Of The Geeks!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dork-Vader, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Ok, thought I'd go ahead and start a TC!2 planning thread. What worked last year, what didn't, and what do we want to see this year..?

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Or do we want to be called "Revenge of the Geeks"?

I'll post some thoughts a little later on. I'm knee deep in taxes right now.

3. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, if we were doing it soon, we could call it A New Pope, but since it is the E3 Movie year, I vote for Revenge of the Geeks!

I think it all worked--just need to do more! and maybe charge admission--

It would be so cool to get a b-list SW star. I vote for Amy Allen or one of the old stand-bys--Jeremy, Peter, Kenny, David, etc.

4. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I don't care what we call it until I get ready to do the promo art. Keep throwing the names out there.

As far as guests- they cost money. IF anyone can come up with some ways to cover that other than anything having to do with me wearing short-shorts on Brooks Rd. I'm listening!

I'll talk to the other two members of the PTL Club next week while we're at HAuNTcon and see if they have any ideas.

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Free guests are better than no guests at all. And remember why we started this thing to begin with: Because horror, Star Wars, and local comic artists were being pretty much ignored by our local con. Amazing that two of the three got a bigger role at this year's MSC, huh?

I'd like to get the MSCA even more involved this year, which seems to be what's happening already. The thing with admission is that we have to give them something for their money, no matter how little we ask.

Space is always a question. If we're going to expand, that could be an issue, but I'll gladly work with what we can get. The Trio of Terror (Lin, Todd, & Patrick) were so kind to let us use it last year, and it was greatly appreciated.

6. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    No. I can't let the MSCA fall into any connection with Star Wars Geeks.

(And if you believe that you're a retarded monkey.)

Of COURSE we'll be involved. I'm sure the same bunch of folks will be there again this year that was there last year, hopefully more!

And of course, there's Muley who'll be there. I'm looking for a MuleySuitJr to wear the suit when I can't. I think I may have an idea who it is, too. Lin's still my VP of Mule Op's; but, he's WAY too busy to do the costuming thing when I can't be in the suit (especially since he's Mr. Photographer Man).

If nothing else, we can get a panel discussion about comics by the MSCA members.

Speaking of Taxes, Tim: Did you deduct for the money spent on the SMT? I think you can do that, right?

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Nope. Sure can't. If we had the SMT set up as a 501c entity, I probably could have. But, that would mean another set of tax forms I'd have to do, and a lot of paperwork to set it up. It's not worth it.

8. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    That sucks.

Well, anyhow, maybe we can get a special appearance at TimmyCon this year by the Hooter's girls??!

9. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Hey- let's talk to Tommy/The Buzz- could happen..!

10. Valeska

Valeska Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    Do you know any Hooters girls personally?

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Do you think Kevin would hang around us if he knew any Hooter's girls personally? :p

We definitely need to get Tommy involved. I'll see him at CIII and bring it up then. Never hurts, right?

12. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    No, I don't know any Hooters girls personally, or you all would be in the far away backseat of a very long bus.

But it's not necessarily the girls I want to meet.

It's the Hooters.

I'll make mention of a Comics Panel Discussion at the MSCA June Dinner Meeting if everyone is kind enough to remind me by then. We can also have Muley back there to discuss things from his point of view (as a cartoon character). I have a karaoke Machine with 2 microphones, so we can use that for a sound system. We'll need an extension cord.

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Or I could wire it all up through a computer and use the surround sound system. I only have two of the blasted things.

14. JediMasterBaytes

JediMasterBaytes Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    It may only be three or four members, but the Southern Outpost will gladly be there in support of TimmyCon!!!! Most likely Me, Trish and Kell will be the ones. I am helping a new guy in Collierville build his Stormtrooper kit and have three more guys saying they want to get some. So maybe there will be a few more here in town by then. And if Tim and Chris would join the 501st there would be a nice little group of us in Memphis. (waives hand in standard jedi mind trick form)You WILL join the 501st!!! :p

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Jedi Mind Tricks don't work on me- only alcohol.

Thanks for the support, Chuck. We'll take any support we can get.

What we can do will all depend on how much room we have, so a lot of this won't be determined until we see what kind of space we get.

16. JediMasterBaytes

Apr 10, 2005
    Okay, (waives 1 gallon bottle of vodka in front of Tim) "You WILL join the 501st!" There. How's that?

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    What brand of Vodka?

18. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Wild Goose!

(or is it a turkey? I don't know liquor very well...)

19. JediMasterBaytes

Apr 10, 2005
    Of course, for you my Emperor, any brand you want!

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    TRICK QUESTION! AHA!

I drink Gin! No Emperor for you! :p

21. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Talked to Pat and Todd about TC!2 while we were at HAuNTcon. Both are looking forward to it and said we may need to expand the lobby a bit. Todd's got a Jengo costume he's working on I'm sure he'll bring.

I know I've had a few MSCA members say they want to set up, so I'll have table space for them.

As soon as I know where the haunt will be for sure this year I'll let you all know.

Lin

22. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I will most definitely be there this year! I hated I was out of town for it last year...

23. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Lin,

If there is to be a Grand Prize, we can have a Star Wars Trivia Competition. Hopefully by then I'll have a Jedi outfit for Muley and he can emcee it. What do you think?

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm hip with just about anything. Sal and I talked to some folks from Dark Horse about it at CIII. We'll invite them, as well as a few authors. Hell, it never hurts to just ask, right? The worst they can do is say no and laugh.

Lin: Don't sacrifice good haunt space in lieu of lobby space just for TC!2. We'll use what we get, and take over anything we can!

25. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    The bigger the lobby the less I have to build!

Actually, Todd and Pat have been talking about making the rooms a bit tighter. The 1st and second rooms last year were a bit big and could have come in a few feet- which probably would give us an extra five feet or so. Plus we need to move the ticket booth around a little and cut down on it's size some.

Do you know who you talked to from Dark Horse? I asked them for some promo stuffs like for MSC. Hopefully we'll get some. My buddies Ken and Mike there have been good about getting me in touch with the right folks.

This should be a good one!

Lin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.