main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Toronto FanForce - FAQs (4/2/01)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Apr 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Just the FAQs Ma?am?

Oh yeah, Chewbacca and Stormtrooper. What ever happened to those guys?

Have you long thought that you?re the only one in the city that knows who Bib Fortuna is? Do the people around you get that glazed look in their eyes as you wax eloquent about the ways of the Force? Does your boss think that ?Stormtrooper? was an individual character and the protagonist of the films?

Rest assured, you are not the only Star Wars fan in Toronto. There are hundreds of us. And now ? through the FanForce.net and The Toronto Long Line, we have a chance to finally meet one another.

--

This is my first time here (panicked look) what do I do?!

Take a moment to read through these FAQs. Lurk for a day or two before posting to get the lay of the land. Post a brief introduction ? at any given time, there?s usually an active introduction thread ? and then jump right in.

We are a very open group, and the more, the merrier!

--

Who the heck are you people? What is this place?

We are a group of Star Wars fans ? brought together through internet forums and fandom events. Many of us came together for the first time at the advance lineup for Star Wars Episode One. The goal with the line was to meet new people who share our love for Star Wars. To come away from the event with a few more friends than when we started. We want to continue this by organizing a number of fan events and gatherings.

This forum will be one of the centers for planning and discussing these events. It is a center for networking with other fans, for announcing upcoming events, for brainstorming ideas and general debate as to what we want to do.

--

What is The Toronto Long Line?

The Delphi forum is a place for general discussion on Speculative Fiction and Fantasy, with a focus on Star Wars and fandom in the Greater Toronto Area. In operation since May of 1999, it is the home base for our online discussions. While FanForce.Net exists for arranging and organizing fan events ? The Toronto Long Line Forum is there for fun, frivolity, discussion and debate of a more general nature. Delphi also has the advantages of allowing posts in HTML and providing us with the opportunity to run polls and the availability of a chat room.

You may log on to the Toronto Long Line as a guest ? but in order to post, you must be a registered user. Registration with Delphi is free. Hop on over to http://www.delphi.com/torontoline/start

--

Who?s in charge here? Take me to your leader!

The position of moderator and City Representative for Toronto is shared by Tragic Lad and David. If you have any problems over something on the forum (trolling, spam, flaming) ? you may address your concerns to either of them. If there is a question or concerns you?d rather not post to the forum you may use the forum?s private message option or Tragic Lad may be emailed at tragiclad@sympatico.ca and David may be reached at david.fleming@home.com

As for the group, we don?t actually have a leader per se. Leaders tend to get swelled heads, and swelled heads lead to petty politicking and infighting amongst the group and that sort of nonsense goes against the point of all this, which is to have FUN!

For large events, we prefer the committee method ? a group of people who are willing to take the brunt of the work required to pull an event together, who decide matters democratically. The committee ? once deciding on the course of action, passes it along to the City Representatives, Tragic Lad & David. One of them will make an official announcement and then passes it along to the Regional Rep and the Powers that Be for inclusion on the main events page.

--

I just want to show the trilogy on my new TV ? why do I need a committee for that?
    ?No time to take it up with the committee.?
    ?I'm NOT a committee!!!?

For smaller events ? like a movie night at your home, or a get together at a coffee shop ? you?re pretty much free to go ahead on that. Just post the whats and whens and away you go. You don?t need permissio

2. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000

3. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    TragicLad,
    Have you checked your e-mail in the last week. I e-mailed you but you have not gotten back to me.

4. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    ...and don't get us sued. ;)

Cris~

5. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    That's a tad too many restrictions, what about the basic ones instead...

1. Be good at all times.

6. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    In a perfect world, that's all you'd need.

Trust the almighty Tragic sense...I'm not kidding! TRUST IT! ;)

7. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    >Have you checked your e-mail in the last
    >week. I e-mailed you but you have not
    >gotten back to me.

I generally check my email daily and while it may take a day or two, I'm pretty good at following up on my email -- I've looked through my archives for an email from you and don't see one. Are you sure it was sent to the right address... tragiclad@sympatico.ca?

8. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    >That's a tad too many restrictions, what about the basic ones instead...

Okay -- these are the basic rules of Fanforce.

Rule number one.
    Don't get us sued.

Rule number two.
    Don't get us thrown in jail.

Before doing anything - ask yourself if it's likely to break rule one or two and you'll know if Tragic Lad aproves ;)

For mine is the power to see the dark cloud of every silver lining....

9. JediWarrior

Jun 7, 2000
    But, I can do many things that won'd land me in jail, or get us sued, but they'd still be <bad> :p Anyways, I'll try to be good regardless.

10. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Just because the President of the United States can get away with that behaviour, doesn't mean you can too.

j/k :)

Some people lack common sense like those who walk around in bare feet on Y & E

11. JediWarrior

Jun 7, 2000
    You've seen me walking :eek:

Okay, I'll be good
    *Crosses fingers behind back*
    [face_devil]

12. TopGun

TopGun Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2001

*test* *test* *test*,

and, "HELLOs!!!!"

Along Came A Spider looks okay. But it doesn't hold a candle to "JUST VISITING!"

Did any of you ever get around to seeing Caveman's Valentine?

"HUZZAH! I am still Zoltan!!!"

- Mike -

13. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Mike, about time you made it, good to see you.

Alas I have not seen Zoltan's latest, but it's on my list.

Hope to see you Friday.

14. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Zoltan! I mean...Mike! Missed ya... :) *hugs*

Cris~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.