main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Toronto Trek... it's coming..

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by grey_starr, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Surly

Darth_Surly Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    So is there a dinner for Sat night being planned or should I just check out the message board? I might not even be there Sat because all my panels are Friday and Sunday, but I'll probably be around!

2. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I may show up for the dinner, but doubt I'll attend the con. The panels and guests don't really interest me. I'll see how things shape up for the dinner.

3. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

When is the dinner? I think I miss that tid bit of info-

4. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Well... we'll try for Tucker's Marketplace on the Sunday afternoon again... I imagine there'd be no complaints if I tried to call them now... but first I'll try and figure how many seats...

5. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Yes I thought dinner was also Sunday after the Con

6. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

okey-dokey. Sunday is much better for me anyway.

7. Aina

Aina Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2003
    ditto, thats what i had thought was the plan in the first place [face_thinking]

8. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    >> but first I'll try and figure how many seats...

Taking into account numbers from previous years, reserve for 20-30. And make sure they know we'll revise numbers on Sunday around midday, and they'll more likely go up than down.

9. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    I updated the site to include members in panels... I only caught a few off hand... let me know if I missed anyone...

10. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I've just got confirmation of my final schedule and I'm thrilled about it (except that I'll be missing "Comics as Film" this year since it's at the same time as "Prelude to Episode III"

So here it is:
    I'll come back and Edit the details as soon as I get them.
    Can't wait to see all of you again.

*** The Last Lineups ***
    When: 07/15/05 08:00 PM
    Where: HAMILTON
    Who: Roupen Agnerian (That's Mundane for Sandwich Boy :p)

*** Star Wars: Prelude To Episode III ***
    When: 07/15/05 10:00 PM
    Where: MISSISSAUGA-A
    Who: Tessa Wojdylo, Sebastien Mineau(M)

*** Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith ***
    When: 07/15/05 11:00 PM
    Who: Aaron Yorgason, Kerry Kupecz, Donald Blewett, Jason Charette, Sebastien Mineau (M)

*** Star Wars: Popcorn Or Shakespeare? ***
    When: 07/16/05 10:00 AM
    Where: TORONTO-A
    Who: Tessa Wojdylo (M), Gemma Files, Sebastien Mineau (That's mundane for Uilmuteiz)

*** The Geek Off: Star Wars ***
    When: 07/16/05 01:00 PM
    Who: Declan Dennehy, William Lee Mathis

*** The Toronto Trek Charity Auction ***
    When: 07/17/05 7:00 AM -> noon (or close I'm guessing)
    Where: Harry's Bar
    Who: Part of the MC team.

*** What Do You Mean You Don't Have A Website? ***
    When: 07/17/05 03:00 PM
    Where: MONTREAL-B
    Who: Darian M., Newman Scott Hunter, Lorne Kates

*** The Geek Off: Championship Round ***
    When: 07/17/05 04:00 PM
    Who: Declan Dennehy, Sinead Dennehy, Brent Purchase, William Lee Mathis, Wil Percy

Now there is only one question that remains... What will it be this year? A Bawls T-Shirt... A Fork or some other Swiss Chalet Item... whe must decide by saturday evening.. so we can get it signed during the night and Auction it the next morning.

EDIT: filled the blanks.

11. kerberos_kero

kerberos_kero Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    i'm not going to the TT my ferret(ritsiko) have an accident (fell form the windows of a six floor) and she is very bad.
    hopefully she will be Okay(the doctor says so)

i will see if i can have a refund or something like that on my admision.

hope you enjoy the convension ;)

12. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Oh no I hope your ferrit will be OK.

13. Aina

Jun 19, 2003
    Ummm I don't think they give refunds...but id be willing to buy it off of you, if thats at all possible...you pre-registered for the whole weekend right? and nothing else?

14. kerberos_kero

Apr 6, 2005
    Aina that will be really helpful :)
    yes,I pre-registered for the whole weekend
    i send a mail to see if i can transfer it to a friend.

15. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Actually all you need to do is advise the TT registration comitee that you're transfering your package to someone else (with a name of course)

And then forward your pre-reg e-mail to the person in question with an extra few words such as "I *your name here* hereby transfer my membership to *name of the person here*.

It's actually just that easy.

16. Aina

Jun 19, 2003
    Thats awesome! Carlos just tell me what info about me they need and I'll PM it to you.

and then how does Carlos get his money? do they pay him back and then i pay them? or do we work it out on our own? such as Carlos you could email or PM me your address and I send you a check for however much it costed. Also did you by any chance order a t-shirt?

17. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    it depends if He paid already, you dont have to pay when u prereg, I guess once he writes em and they get back to you, then come TTrek you go into the pre-reg line and tell them yer name, if they have problems locating you, explain it to them. then you pay.

18. bacardijedi

bacardijedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    How long are the panels? I really want to just go to 2 of them on Friday. And, what is the swordpaly workshop? Does anyone have any extra room in their room for Friday night, in case I come on Friday? The Sunday lunch sounds like something I could make too.

19. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Panels are normally 1 hour each. The swordplay workshop I believe is teaching you how to use swords. I think this you have to pre-register for.

When you get the schedule you should go through the panel list and pick out the ones you want to attend. Q&As for the actors are good. So you have to set your priorities. Panels, Photos, Autogrpahs etc.

Saturday is the big day when a lot is happening

Sunday will be a dinner after the con is finished.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

20. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    there is so much to do over the weekend.

dealers room and promotional tables
    panels be it a panelist, moderator or just come and join in
    Question and Answers sessions
    autograph sessions
    movies and shows to watch
    the Dance
    the masqerade
    the charity auction
    room parties
    roaming the halls in costume
    staring at the costumes
    photo sessions
    ten forward during the day
    ten forward after dark
    klingon karaoke
    model contest and display
    writers workshop - (max. 20 applicants).
    swordplay workshop - you need to pre-reg but there is 4 sessions this year and it costs $10
    buffy meet and greet, the stargate one looks like it was cancelled
    Volunteer
    if you are a panelist or a moderator you have access to the panelist lounge, last year they did let just about anyone in but that may not be the case this year. it is not intented as meal replacement but a snack and a drink between panels, a place to meet fellow panelists before the panel or after.

words of advice here. if you plan on staying the whole weekend, prepare for it. bring a change of clothing or two. bring a bathing suit and towel, there is a pool with two water slides, you have to be a guest of the hotel or with one, but that wont be too hard to get someone to come with you or lend a room key. bring under arm stuff, toothpaste, mouthwash, etc.. bring food, pop, the hotel store is expensive but you can get one in ten-forward. bring enough money for the dealers room, auction, restaurant, also if you plan to stay over in someone's room on the floor, maybe bring a sleeping bag or blanket. if you do bring a lot of stuff check before hand with the person you are staying with to arrange to meet early to bring the stuff up to the room. or buy a TTC day pass and go back and forth a few times.

pre-reg opens at 3pm, reg opens at 4pm. be early. if your a panelist there is a special line for you. its alot faster then either the reg or the pre-reg.

now if your coming by Transit

The Malton 58 bus westbound, from Lawrence West subway station stops right in front of the hotel. The stop for the Doubletree is the stop before the extra fare zone.

There is an alternative method to get the hotel from the Kipling station. Take the subway on the Bloor Line to Kipling. From there catch the 46 North (Martin Grove) to Dixon Road and then transfer to the 58, catch a cab (a short ride) or walk.

Routes run Friday every 15 minutes. Saturday every 15 minutes until 8 p.m., then every 20 minutes until after 10 p.m., then it changes to every 30 minutes. On Sunday, routes run every 20 minutes.

21. kerberos_kero

Apr 6, 2005
    i already pay for the admision (i pay by paypal)
    and i don't order any shirts sorry.

i send a mail asking if is posible transfer the admission to a friend and if it's posible what info
    i have to give them about my frined.

i haven't recieve a reply (they don't work on weekends)
    i hope i will get the replay this monday or tuesday.

anyways i'm going to call them tomorrow

22. Aina

Jun 19, 2003
    alrighty, when they get back to you we'll work it out

and dont worry about the t-shirt, i wasnt gonna get one in the first place, but if you had ordered one then i would have got it.

23. kerberos_kero

Apr 6, 2005
    they say is Okay
    i'm going to forward you an e-mail
    you have to printed and show it in the pre-registration table in order to pick up the badge.
    also PM me your name that must be the same name that you have to say in the pre-registration table.
    they will put it in the badge.
    also i have to give you a signed letter saying that i agree with the trasfer.
    the fee for transfer is 10 dollars, so i'm going to substract the 10 dollars from the admission cost
    i buy it in the pre-registration time for 45 USD(54 CAD) so with the substraction of the transfer will be
    44 CAD (you have to pay the 10 at the door)

so in sumary:
    Yes I can transfer it to you
    you have to bring a note from me saying i agee with this(this one is the one i have to sin)
    you have to bring a copy of the e-mail they send me
    you have to bring $10 late transfer fee

is this okay with you??

24. naslund19

naslund19 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    wow! T trek sounds like lots of fun! now i want to go too! if i end up going it would be my first convention! looking forward to what a convention would be like! ^^ i might have missed it from an earlier post but how much is admission?

25. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    $10 Transfer?... that makes the same price as buying it at the door!.. they SUCK!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.