main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toy Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by zpac4, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zpac4

zpac4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    OK - because I had to go to work, I missed the excursion to Wal-Mart after the AWESOME toy release at Toys-R-Us. What did they have over there after Rick pillaged through it and what was the deal about the "Early Bird" vintage box?

2. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    The early bird vintage box well it consisted of a package like the first star wars toy in which you did not get the toys at that time. This one you get four of the origianl toys and a 3 month subscription to hyperspace and a display stand and backgound for the figures all for only $29.99. Ther going to be autioning off the posters and displays that were up sometime soon.

3. zpac4

Jul 23, 2002
    did anyone actually get this? I went to Wal-Mart on Saturday and there weren't any. The original toys I'm guessing are vintage, NOT the actual original toys?

4. toymastermatt

toymastermatt Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    Zac. The item was a mail away certificate that came with a cardboard display stand and some other pack-ins. In order to get the figures, you have to mail in your original receipt and proof of purchase to receive your four figures in 6-8 weeks. This is same promotion Kenner did in the fall/winter of 1977. Back then, no one could have predicted the demand for toys that was created from the movie. This early bird certificate is what they came up with. What wal-mart had is an exact reproduction. Even the four figures you'll get(Luke, Leia, Chewy and R2) are nearly the same as back then. The only difference is that the sculpting will be more modern in look.

5. toymastermatt

toymastermatt Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    If there is anyone in the QCJO that is looking for ANY toys from the star wars line, either vintage or modern let me know. I'm looking to down size my collection and would enjoy helping out a fellow QCJO member. Thanks, Matt

6. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    The clones rock!

7. zpac4

Jul 23, 2002
    I am in need of vintage Boba Fett and Stormtrooper from the Jedi line - I'm good everywhere else.

I know about the toy thing in '77 - in fact, I've known about it for about 15-20 years now. I even saw an original box from '77 at CII. I just wanted to know exactly what they were releasing (apparently it was just a certificate and not an empty box) and if it was still available (which it is apparently not). If either of these assumptions is incorrect, or you know how I might be able to get my hands on a certificate, let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.