main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trailer: In-Depth Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by dehrian, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/punkboi/Parno2/ROTS_full_trailer_montage.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/punkboi/Parno2/ROTS_full_trailer_montage2.jpg]

:D

2. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Most unnatural...kind of a funny word to use considering his topic. Apparently the ability to speak with that particular diction and tone is an ability that many do in fact consider to be "unnatural". That must be one of the powers that entices Anakin to leave the Jedi and join the sith. ;):p

3. crumbsalicious

crumbsalicious Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2004

Lol you liked that huh....yeah i thought it was quite witty myself. No seriously though it sounds like bad-b movie acting.

4. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    It was very witty. lol!:p

Perhaps, that's the point of the dialogue...to sound overdramatic and prolonged...unnatural even.

5. Boiiinng

Boiiinng Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 23, 2004
    Movie-list has a direct link

http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=starwars3

Furthermore, I saw someone mentioned the Juggernauts, but did you notice how tall they are? Pause it and look at the clonetroopers on the ground. That thing is huge!!!

6. Blueharvester

Blueharvester Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    Furthermore, I saw someone mentioned the Juggernauts, but did you notice how tall they are? Pause it and look at the clonetroopers on the ground. That thing is huge!!!

[image=http://www.loneclone.de/downloads/pix/juggernaut.jpg]
    There are no clonetroopers, except on those chicken walker things on the far left, everything else are Wookiees.
    So that makes the juggernaut like 12meters high?

7. Lord_Of_Sith

Lord_Of_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2005
    In response to an earlier post: YES, there are lots of things **and this is only from the trailer** that make TPM&AOTC resonate more deeply:

+ Returning to Padme's apartment, like the return to the Lars homstead in ANH - the window where Ani & Obi so casually talked about Palpatine & Ani's connection to Padme, where Ani was so shy and desperate to impress Padme, where her life was almost taken...

+ Obi's line in TPM, "You will become a Jedi...I promise!" seems particularly doom laden. And even more so, "Anakin Skywalker meet Obi-Wan Kenobi!" It wouldn't be as powerful to see them fighting in ROtS if either had been more aggresively antagonistic from the start. Obi was wary & Anakin was struggling with issues of abandonment - far more subtle & effective than St. Obi-Wan tutoring the Omen...

+ Yoda's speech that seemed a little over-the-top in 1999 "Fear leads to anger..." etc - it contains *every* element of Ani's descent to the darkside, esp. if you loook @ both RotS trailers

+ Obi nagging Qui-Gon, "You'd be *on* the Council..." - we see Obi deep in the politics of the Jedi Council & boy will he pay for that!

+ Of course, "At last we will have our revenge" is now elevated to one of the best SW lines ever! Palps having the time of his life lobbing Senatorial pods @ Yoda - this man is obviously enjoying his moment of vengeance! You can see it on his face, "I'm in charge now!"

Can anyone think of anything else?!

8. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    The Wookiees are going to look so small compared to the Juggernaut, that thing just towers over them.

9. Pasjo_Kynrid

Pasjo_Kynrid Jedi Master star 2

Jan 21, 2004
    GRIEVOUS IS IN THE TRAILER.

if you'll all go to the part where obi-wan is surrounded, those directly in front of him are Grievous surrounded by his magna droids.

also in the scene right after the first scene of mustafar, him and obi are in hand-to-hand.

just something interesting about the trailer.

10. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    EDIT: Nevermind, you seem to have found it. ;)

11. darth_sidious05

darth_sidious05 Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    the scene in the trailer were jimmy smits charater bail organa yells NO!is he possibly looking at the body of mace windu.

12. darth_sidious05

darth_sidious05 Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    can someone respond please

13. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    darth_sidious05 posted on 3/10/05 2:13am
    the scene in the trailer were jimmy smits charater bail organa yells NO!is he possibly looking at the body of mace windu.
    [hr][/blockquote]
    Possible, but I doubt it.

Since we are talking about Mace, look at [link=http://www.aptirrelevance.com/sw-archive/imgview.php?id=01520][color=blue][b]this[/b][/color][/link]. As shown in the Trailer, Mace is seen jumping. Not kicking, not jumping back ... just jumping up and down. What the heck is he doing?

14. Tycalibur

Tycalibur Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    Pure speculation on my part, but he could be simply dodging a low lightsaber swing from Palpatine.

15. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    That's what I was just thinking. Maybe Sidious tries to cut him off at knees.

16. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Yeah, I guess he could be avoiding a low strike.

On a side note, in that same shot with Mace jumping ... does anyone notice the window is broken behind him?

17. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    How can you tell that the window is broken?

18. -Jangotat-

-Jangotat- Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    If the window is broken, that could explain the jump. As in he's jumping back into Palpatine's office. Makes since. [face_thinking]

19. Domino

Domino Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2005

pretty sure this is when he is outside the temple and sees some clones killing jedi.

20. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Either that, or it's when he's rescuing Yoda, and he could be yelling, "Run!"

21. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Two things. Yes, in the "Mace jump" scene ... you can see a piece of glass broken at the top of the window. The window is clearly gone.

Another thing, I seriously doubt Bail is screaming because he sees Mace fall. Let's assume the clones are shooting at him (since I can't imagine who else would shoot at him unless no one likes him, :p) ... the clones don't turn until after the Mace encounter, so he can't be screaming at Mace with the Troopers shooting at him.

22. CETS4491

CETS4491 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2004
    pro bably

23. mrmoto

mrmoto Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    Just wanted to chime in on all the trailer talk. Im 39 and a SW fanatic since I saw ANH when I was 11- It seems Ive been waiting for this last piece of the puzzle since then. I have loved each and every episode, but when I saw this trailer I could hardly breathe. I giggled uncontrollably when it was over and I could finally take a breath, and there were...tears... of joy, running down my face. Crazy. This is going to be amazing. Hope to see you all at Celebration III, till then-MTFBWY-always.

24. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    At time 1:56 (Give or take) I see two Fighter craft doing like a barrel roll or something.

They both look like Farscape 1 to me

Homage?

25. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Im_just_guessing posted on 3/15/05 9:25pm
    At time 1:56 (Give or take) I see two Fighter craft doing like a barrel roll or something.

They both look like Farscape 1 to me

Homage?
    [hr][/blockquote]
    Could be ...

[hr]
    The Visual Dictionary has confirmed that Bail is screaming [i]"Noooo!"[/i] as a young Jedi is being killed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.