main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trailer: Initial Reaction

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by BobTheGoon, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    The opening lies that Ian Mc speak are lame really lame. Its way to slow and way to over the top. I mean who speaks like that?

It's called being slow and deliberate. Palpatine wants Anakin to soak up every word he says to turn him over to the Dark Side. Or am I being too obvious. Apparently not to those who'd ask questions like that. :)

2. Ed-A_1978

Ed-A_1978 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 10, 2004
    "Did Vader ever fold his arms in the OT? I though it was always hands on hips or behind his back. Maybe just a mirror of Maul in TPM?"

I don't think he ever folded his arms, but before all the OT purists/PT bashers start whining that folding his arms ruins his character, I'm pretty sure that when Vader first encounters Leia on the Tantive at the beginning of ANH, he puts his hands on his hips. I always thought that looked really silly!!

3. kevsand2

kevsand2 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Hi there guys!! Please could someone be kind enough to PM me this trailer because i aint seen it yet! Cheers.

4. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Initial Reaction? Amazement. This new film looks like it takes Star Wars to a whole new level. I'm pumped.

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I just saw a shortened version of the trailer. OH! MY! GOD! :eek:. This movie is going to kick so much ASS!

6. Martin81d

Martin81d Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2003
    Okay, this thread is 89 pages long and counting. SURELY you can forgive me for not reading the whole thing through just to see if anyone has already asked this. My sincere apologies if it has been covered, but hey, it could have been worse, I could have started a new thread and really got my ass whupped.

Here it is:
    Does anyone know what the noise at the very end of the trailer is?

7. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    It's Palpatine speaking to Vader with The Emperor's Theme running in the background. And no you're not forgiven. :p

8. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    The trailer already confirms my expectations for 5/19: it will be a day long remembered.....

9. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    I liked the theatrical trailer, but I STILL feel like they're holding back. Which is good, since I believe the BEST parts of ROTS will be in the film and not the trailer.

One thing that DID bother me about the trailer though is the aspect ratio. The teaser trailer was in the 2.35:1 ratio - the same ratio that the movie was shot in.

I felt like a lot of the action shots felt cropped with the 1.85:1 ratio. I think they went with that ratio though, even though ROTS will be in the 2.35:1 ratio because it plays better on TV and the movie "Robots" is probably in that same ratio. It would be easier to play that trailer in front of other action/adventure movies which are in the same aspect ratio.

10. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I felt that too (omg, it's mind boggling how SW quotes fit in real life, isn't it? [face_laugh] )

Anyway, I thought Threepio's head looke a bit "flattened".

11. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001

Actually, the only sith lord to fold his arms was maul. Since he looked so darn cool, Lucas made vader so so as well, even though he will never do it again.

12. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    Looks like Robots made the weekend BOX OFFICE I wonder why (sarcasm)

13. Darth_Machine

Darth_Machine Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2004
    I love the trailer. Especially the dark, intense music playing as Anakin walks around killing people. But my favorite scene has to be the moment where Windu comes to arrest Palpatine and he says "Are you threatening me Master Jedi?".

The look on Palp's face is awesome when he says that. You can literally read the Dark Side on his face, full of anger and hate.
    I think McDiardmid did an amazing job for EpIII.
    To see him bowing and smiling like an hypocrite in EpI, and now this cold evil aura in EpIII... excellent job. I'm so excited I can't wait !

14. Darthmalius

Darthmalius Jedi Master star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    As Cartman would say "Kick A**!"

15. ROBOCOP34

ROBOCOP34 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
    IT'S so badass May 19th please get here sooner..

16. Fannie-4orce

Fannie-4orce Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    I have watched it about 10 times, and the one part that kills me is when C3Po walks away from Padme muttering something!!!

I almost always get misty when I watch the trailer...what is wrong with me????

:(
    :(

17. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Fannie-4orce posted on 3/16/05 9:24am
    I have watched it about 10 times, and the one part that kills me is when C3Po walks away from Padme muttering something!!!

I almost always get misty when I watch the trailer...what is wrong with me????

[face_sad]
    [face_sad]
    [hr][/blockquote]
    Nothing, I do the same thing.

As for my initial reaction, it was [face_shock] for about 20 minutes.

18. Fannie-4orce

Jun 28, 2002
    Even guys get misty?...anyone hear on Howard Stern them talking about it? There is a friend of Howard's that called in, and said when he saw the trailer he started crying!
    There is something very sad about all this!

UGH!

19. Count_Davoo

Count_Davoo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2005
    I've had the trailer on my pc since friday and I still can't stop watching it. Best trailer of the past couple of years (along with lotr). Going to see Hitch tonight so hopefully get it on the big screen. Bring on May 19th

20. Fannie-4orce

Jun 28, 2002
    Dude! I mean "sad" like emotionally upsetting! Don't get me wrong there!

I am going to be very sad.

21. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Fannie-4orce posted on 3/16/05 9:45am
    Dude! I mean "sad" like emotionally upsetting! Don't get me wrong there!

I am going to be very sad.
    [hr][/blockquote]
    Alot of people will. Nothing really good happens in this movie [i](depending on your point of view)[/i] and all of the characters we like will have alot of emotion and drama attached to them in this Episode.

22. Darth_Machine

Darth_Machine Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2004
    This is gonna be so freaking intense and awesome. I'm thrilling everytime I hear Sidious say "Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic". This is gonna be dark and emotionally brutal. The parents who wanna bring their kids along are gonna be really surprised.

23. Reecoh

Reecoh Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2002
    I felt like a lot of the action shots felt cropped with the 1.85:1 ratio. I think they went with that ratio though, even though ROTS will be in the 2.35:1 ratio because it plays better on TV and the movie "Robots" is probably in that same ratio. It would be easier to play that trailer in front of other action/adventure movies which are in the same aspect ratio.

The trailer shown on the HD TV feed was 1.85:1. The Large size trailer available on the official site is 2.35:1 (or close to it). You may want to watch the official clip to see the full picture. Hopefully the X-Large size will be out soon.

24. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    JUST SAW IT!!!

HOLY ****!!!!!!!

I am convinced. This will be the best of the films.

Lucas drove SW down hill with the first two, but he'll bring it to a state better than what it was before he did the prequels.

That was AWSOME!!!

wow.

25. Darth_Aldar

Darth_Aldar Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Not just the best SW film. The best sci-fi film ever IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.