main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Travelling to Sardinia, possibly Rome --any advice?

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Obey Wann, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm going to Sardinia in a couple of weeks, and I was wondering if any of you have been there and have and recommendations or advice. I've travelled around the Pacific a lot, but this will be my first real European experience, other than stopping off to switch planes and refuel. I do have a couple of travel guides that I'm going over to familiarize myself with the area, common phrases, etc.

I was wondering if there are any must-see things on Sardinia. I am hoping to have an overnight layover in Rome and see the major attractions there, but that's still not certain yet.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

2. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    I've never been to Sardinia, but I love Rome. If you get there, I would suggest just walking around the centre. It's pretty small, and I just like to walk around watching the old ruins and stuff. But then, I LOVE old history, especially Roman history. ;)

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I agree-- if I can get into Rome, I want to see as much as possible. I'm still hoping, but as of right now, things don't look great.

But I think the trip will be great --I can't wait to finally see a bit of Europe. And I picked up an Italian phrase book and CD, so I'm practicing some of the basic sayings to get around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.