main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Trivia Game

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    After all the debate about making trivia a part of the trials, I thought it might be fun and 'educational' to start this up again.

Rules are simple. Answer the trivia question and then post your own question. All areas of the SW galaxy are fair game (Movies, behind the scenes, tech stuff, EU, etc)

Who was Vuffi Raa?

2. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Vuffi Raa was a Pentagon shaped "robot", who was won by Lando in a Sabaac game. He later became the pilot of the Millenium Falcon and was the one responsible for teaching Lando how to fly her (Falcon) He as mentioned was a pentagon, with a tentacle that came from each side and a big red eye in the "torso" pentagon. He became self aware after agroup of pirates boared the starship he was being shipped on and they somehow "woke " him up.

His creators, large beings from a far off galaxy came for him. They were known as: The one, the other and the rest.

Through him they again started to learn much of what was transpiring in the universe (as they themselves where millenia old).

What episode one's character name (name only) was to actually have been a character in the original trilogy. (Totally different roles just same name)

If this is too hard then try this one:

Who manufacturers (sp?) Star Destroyers: Give full name of Company, no Anachronims (sp?)

Yeah I'm a bad speller (never used to be, getting old)

3. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    Sal, did you mean Mace Windu, for the mention of the name in the original story treatment?

Star Destroyers are made by Kuat Drive Yards.

New question: What is "The Princess of Ondos?"

alternate: What is Wicket W. Warrick's middle name?

4. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Awesome Brendon! Not one person I know knew the answer to the first question and only a handful knew the second questions answer.

I applaud you sir! (Clapping incessantly till he hurts himself)

5. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    I would prefer if we stuck to movies, but thats me.

6. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Oops. didn't see the question above. I apologize.

7. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Ummmm, sorry to have to do this, but the rules state you have to answer the previous questions BEFORE you get to post your own . . .

8. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Haven't been able to work out the Princess quesiton yet, but here's the alternative question's answer:

Wicket's middle name is Wystri.

Only answered one question, so I'm only asking one quesiton. :)

What was the name of Qui-Gon's apprentice before Obi-Wan?

9. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    If those were too hard, I apologize. Princess of Ondos is the name of the never-written second part of the Adventures of the Starkiller (also known as the sequel to the second draft of Star wars). If the second draft had been filmed as "The Star Wars", then Princess of Ondos would have been Episode 2. It was mentioned at the end of the second draft script. For those interested, go to the Starkiller link below, to see the old scripts. I even wrote a script version of Princess of Ondos, my own sequel to the second draft, because I'm sure Lucas won't be writing one!
    My script can be found in the fan corner section of Starkiller, on Fanfix, or in the Force.net fanfiction archive. Links to all three are below.

As for Wicket's middle name, that IS film related. But I didn't want to dead-end the game. Should I put up a different question?

Brendon

10. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Xanatos.

What is the full name of Chewbacca's son, and what adult name did he receive later?

11. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I like the idea of two questions by the poster . . . One very challenging and one not so challenging.

I knew that the original script was going to be the adventures of Luke Starkiller, but didn't know the bit about the Princess. Learn something new every day :D

12. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Oh yeah, the question :D

Chewie's son's name was Lumpawarrump, Lumpy for short. After his coming of age, he chose the name Lumpawaroo, Waroo for short.

Here's my challenge question. What does the name "Lumpawaroo" mean?

Easier question: When escaping the Death Star, who was the first to blow up a tie fighter -- Han or Luke?

13. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    OK,
    I'll take the harder one. Waroo, according to the Black Fleet Crisis book 3, means "son of courage". But I prefer to think it means "whiny and irritating thing that was lucky to live to maturity".

Here's another pair:

Who was Gov. Willhuf Tarkin's mistress?

and for a greater challenge, who was Tarkin's wife, and in what newspaper comic story did she appear?

14. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    BDP told me me Tarkin's mistress was Admiral Daala and the wife was Ms. Motti :D

BDP's questions:

Easy one: In Jabba's Palace, what was Mara Jade know as?

Challenge one: Who piloted the Stinger?

15. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Jade in Jabba's palace- Arica?

Stinger- the blonde HRD Guri.

Challenger question- What was the name of the squadron that Wes Janson and Jek Porkins served together in before joining rogue for Janson Red for Jek.

Normal: What is the name the full name for Corran Horn's father hint: It ain't Hal.

16. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I think Porkins served in the Tierfon Yellow Aces, along with Biggs and Hobbie- but I could be wrong, so I wont ask another question =)

17. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Daddy Horn was Valin Halcyon.

Here's a regular question: What little droid was carried inside the labor droid Bollux?

And a harder one: The current comic series Jango Fett:eek:pen Seasons mentions a character named "Montross". This is a name taken from the old script drafts of the first Star Wars. What was full name of the original Montross, and who were his two more famous pirate pals?

Brendon

18. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    I am believing the answer to the easy question is perhaps = Blue Max

For my question: What was the name of the red protocall droid in the hanger on Hoth base?

19. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    The Red Protocol droids name is R3PO.

*is lucky to have saved all those droid pictures long ago* hehe. Ummmm....I get to ask one now? Hmmmm.....

Here's a real easy question. What is the name of Corran's droid?

And here's another one. When Leia disguised as Boussh brought Chewie to Jabba, how much did she ask for first? And how much did she settle for?

20. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Corran's droid is "Whistler."

Leia asked for 50,000, but settled for 35,000.

Here's a few collecting questions.

Name six vintage Star Wars 3 3/4" figures that have not yet been made into modern versions (post 1995).

Topps Star Wars (error) card #207 from the original film featured C-3PO with an extra appendage, which was removed on the corrected card. What appendage was that?

21. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    The 6 are the imperial dignitary, crix madine, chief chirpa,cloud car pilot,Lumat and romba but there is also another one which makes 7, which is worok the ewok. There are 4 ewoks not yet made, and the other 3. Also C-3PO's extra was a male shlong ;) Gives new meaning to "golden rod"! oh wow I guess I get to ask the next question. YAY, ok. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Name all who sit on the jedi council in EP2, not EP1. There are 2 new one, thats your hint.

22. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Okay here goes:

Mace Windu
    Yoda
    Ki-Adi Mundi
    Depa Billaba
    Eeth Koth
    Even Piell
    Saesee Tiin
    Oppo Rancisis
    Plo Koon
    Adi Gallia* she is on the council look close. (the official site even states this) go here:
    http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020523.html to see this confirmed. Many think Stass Ali (Adi's cousin) was on the council. This is incorrect.

And lastly the two "new" council members are :
    Coleman Trebor who replaced Yareal Poof
    and Shaak Ti who replaced Yaddle.

(Too easy KY)

Okay here's my questions:

Challenge:
    Why is Yareal Poof not on the council as of EPII?
    Please explain as full as possible. I want more than a one or two word answer.

Easy: How many characters touched Luke's Lightsabers (green and blue) in the movies, so far?

I'll give you Darth Vader/Anakin (he is the same and does not count as two different characters).

Okay answer.
    (The easy question only pertains to movies, nothing else, NO EU)

23. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Poof dies. :p okay, longer answer, but I don't remember all the details. Jango Fett and Zam Wessel were trying to stop some group of baddies from doing something nasty (blowing up main power plants on Coruscant, I think, but could be wrong.) Poof came along during the final confrontation and gave his own life to save the day.

Who touches Luke's lightsaber. Hmmmm, that sounds like a very personal question [face_devil] You already said Vader. Ben Kenobi in ANH when he first gives Luke his Blue Saber and Han in ESB when he uses it to cut open the TaunTaun to stuff Luke into in order to keep him warm while setting up the emergency shelter on the Ice Plains of Hoth. A stormtrooper hands the green saber to Vader in ROTJ. The Emperor also gets his hands on Luke's lightsaber in ROTJ. I think, but am not sure that an Eowk may have been handed it when the guys were captured. My, his weapon sure has been passed around.

Name all of Pabme's handmaidens in both TPM and AOTC.

What was Saber Enterprises?

24. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Name all of Pabme's handmaidens in both TPM and AOTC.

Eirtae, Rabe, Sache, Yane, Sabe, Dorme, Corde

What was Saber Enterprises?

a dummy corporation set up by the Empire as a front for its secret anti-espionage operations. It was run ostensibly by Renik during the Galactic Civil War

Ok my turn.

What is the brand name of LaserHone's standard vibrodagger?

What was General Tagge in charge of?

25. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    What is the brand name of LaserHone's standard vibrodagger?

Talon

What was General Tagge in charge of?

He was a third of the command triumvirate overseeing the station's activities. He got this position through his family's business called TaggeCo that dealt in spice.

My questions:
    What is the name of the young centuarian female in Luke's Jedi academy?

What was Wedge's call sign in the first death star battle?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.