main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO TTT - Getting Closer

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediRush, Dec 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRush

JediRush Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2001
    Just wondering...
    Is there plans up yet for everyone to get together again for The Two Towers? Considering a bunch of us saw FotR last year, was curious where/when etc for this one. I thought we waited a couple of weeks and went on a weeknight so it wasn't as busy.
    Feel free to make this the official thread on this topic. Thank you.

Master JediRush

2. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'd like to go and get to know everyone but I'm still at college but should be home Thursday.

Which reminds me... I need to add all my favorites I've got saved on my desktop to my laptop so I can still find everything when I get home since I'm not taking my desktop with me...

3. JediRush

JediRush Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2001
    Shouldn't be too hard to save those favorite sites.
    Just go to File - Import/Export and go from there.
    Same way when you get the file back to your laptop.

4. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    at the Nov meeting we decided to wait and see it after Christmas. It'll still prolly be busy and most of us will prolly already have seen it, but hey, it's a group thing and it'll be fun :)

5. Darth_Athena

Darth_Athena Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    There is a line party through www.theonering.net at west olive for the 8:15 show on wed, and des peres has a midnight show. I will be going to both, so if anyone wants to join, feel free to get tickets. :)

6. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    I'm going to a midnight showing with several friends, and if we do it after christas (which sounds like a good idea), it'd have to be in the first two weeks of january

7. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    why in the first two weeks?

8. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Cool trick JediRush. That's a new one to me!

As for going to see TTT perhaps we should all go in Jedi robes and tell people that we heard the biggest movie ever was coming out so we assumed it was Ep III...

Or maybe I should go wearing all my armor. Do you think they'd let me into a theater with my swords?

9. yodaboy

Feb 5, 2001
    b/c after that, i'll prolly never ever be able to come again :(

10. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
  11. yodaboy

Feb 5, 2001
    :( i'm not really supposed to say

12. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I'll either be at the Des Peres or the Esquire for the midnight. A guy that lives across the hall from me here at school worked at Des Peres, so he said he could get us tickets. If we go to the Esquire, my roommate's brother that still goes to school across the street from it will get them for us. Either way, I'll be there.

13. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    i will go see it no matter what day (except christmas). i want to go on the 20th though cuz thats the day we get out of school for christmas break.

14. padawanjo

padawanjo Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2002
    I am thinking of taking off early on 12/18 to see it on OPENING DAY. I work out in West County so would probably see it at West Olive 16. I must first beg the sith lords for whom I work to take the time off....Darth Sidious granted me time off for Harry Potter so I am hoping she is equally compassionate (is that an oxymoron when discussing the sith?) regarding my desires to see LOTR:T3.

I am a geek so I will want to see the movie at least two times. Christmas is a good time to see a movie...Chinese food and a movie..fine traditions for Christmas.

Why do we see movies on opening day? Because it is more fun to see it with the real fans!!!

15. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    ok all, I'm sending out an e-mail about this, well I'll send it as soon as I proof read it ;)

make sure you get back to me!

and if you don't get it, PM me with your e-mail addy and I'll send it to you right away! :)

16. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    Hey Laura, you went to Cor Jesu, right? Did you know a girl in your class named Jen Gerber? Hopefully she'll be going with me to Des Peres for TTT. She gets one of her wisdom teeth pulled on Monday, so she doesn't know if she'll be up to it. Even if she doesn't go, I'll be there for the midnight showing with my roommate and a guy across the hall. BTW, what time are you planning on getting there? I waited 6 hours for Star Wars, but that was in May when it was warm. I don't know if I could make it that long now.

17. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    If you guys end up going between Christmas and New Years, be sure to post here or PM me. I'll be in the area during that time, and have a coupon for a free ticket that has to be used by 12/31. (I'm going Tuesday night to the opening, but I plan on seeing it several times)

~H~

18. Darth_Athena

Darth_Athena Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    Sweet! I love Jen, and I haven't talked to her for ages!
    Some of my friends (who actually go to truman-Krista Garcia and Annie Fuller) are planning on getting there at 7:00-7:30.. I'll probably be joining them a little later, around 8:30-ish, as I want to swing by my former GS troop's christmas party.

I'll be the brunette with a green shirt and iron-on letters saying "pervy elf fancier."

19. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    ooo, Jurist you're coming down here? coolies! :D

where about will you be at? right now it doesn't lookl ike our FF viewing will be during the time you're here, but if you still want company let me know :) I see nothing wrong with seeing that movie a ocuple dozen times..

20. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    pervy elf fancier

I don't get it Athena...

21. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I be chillin' on the west side.. :cool:

Specifically, my parents live in Defiance (I love that name), across the Missouri river, the other side of Bush Wildlife Preserve. We usually end up going to the Midrivers Mall, Chesterfield Mall or the St. Charles 12 (or 14 or whatever) Cine on 94... but I'm sure there are others that I can make my sister drive me too. 8-}

My brother and sister-in-law will be visiting that weekend (Dec 28 ? 29), so the fam as a whole may go during that time.

I'll post more when I know more.

~H~

22. jedimaster5615

jedimaster5615 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2002
    Almost there...

23. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    So Jen won't be coming with me tonight, Laura. I just talked to her and she ended up having two pulled instead of one. Also, it was this morning, not yesterday. Her tounge is really swollen too. She sounds pretty funny actually. Anyway, I'll be getting there about 9:30. Apparently, they oversold about 100 tickets because their computers crashed. That would suck so bad if I didn't get in, but I don't want to wait that long. I guess maybe I'll see you in about 5 and a half hours. I don't know what I'll be wearing, so just look at my profile to see what I look like. Pretty much just that with a little longer hair and probably my winter coat. ;)

24. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    i got tickets for friday. im going with a couple of other friends. its gonna be SO awesome!!

25. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, GO AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!! To put it simply, the movie was amazing. Apparently, it deviates from the book a lot more than the fellowship, but it was still really good. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but it would be worth going to see just for the final battle.

Anyway Laura, I looked for you last night, but I didn't see you. I got there right before they started letting people in. I had to stand by the front desk though to eat my White Castles. Which screen were you at, 7 or 8? If you saw a tall guy that was wearing a white Star Wars shirt with blue rims around the collar and sleeves that kept getting up before the movie started, that was me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.