main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tulsa FanForce Logo

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by GENERAL_FEL, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    We are looking for talented individuals to create a logo for the Tulsa FanForce! If you feel creative, put your best effort into designing a potential logo for the group.
    Logos must be submitted no later than 11:59 on Wednesday April 17th. We will take all the submissions and vote on them. While majority rules, please keep in mind that we are looking for a professional looking logo that will say "Star Wars" and "Tulsa" at the same time. We are probably going to have t-shirts and a banner made with this logo, along with stickers and/or patches. We want people to look at the logo and say "cool"!

Criteria for the logo are:

MUST convey a sense of Star Wars and Tulsa via imagery and text
    MUST say Tulsa FanForce
    MUST be submitted for consideration no later than 11:59 Wednesday, April 17th

Any questions can be directed to ti622@yahoo.com

2. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    For some reason, the yahoogroups messages are taking upwards of 5-10 hours to post on the boards. This is rather unusual for me as I have used these group lists for almost two years and have not had this problem before. Others tell me it is a regualr occurance. If it doesn't fix itelf soon, we go else where for our communiques. Maybe our own website?!? Hmmmmmmm...

Anyway, YES, you can still post potential logos until midnight tonight. If you have a logo that you want considered, send it to me as well via ti622@yahoo.com. All logos submitted for the polls will be voted on. Voting wasn't supposed to start until tomorrow, but I kind of dorked that up by creating the poll early. I sent out a message asking everyone not to vote until tomorrow, but it still hasn't posted on the grouplist page. If you have already voted, don't worry. If a new logo pops up and you would like to change your vote, you can do so up until the end of the day tomorrow. If no new logos are submitted by midnight tonight and the majority of the group has already voted towards a logo on the yahoogroups site, we will forego the wait tomorow and
    go with the majority. Again, if you have a logo and you want to work on it until midnight tonight, send it to me and I will make sure that it is included in the vote one way or another. I don't want anyone to feel cheated.
    If you have any questions, feel free to email me at ti622@yahoo.com or call me at work at 596-1355.

Jake

By the way, Gary, I loved the R2 videos. You are truly a master craftsman.

3. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    One last reminder! You have until Midnight tonight to submit any and all logos for consideration in tomorrow's poll. And please don't think that since a large portion of the group has voted already means
    yours won't stand a chance. Votes can be changed. Also, if you choose to vote "Neither" (meaning you don't like any of the logos), please be prepared to
    submit another logo that you are in favor of. If you see a problem, come to the group with a possible solution.

On another note, I spoke with the Store Director at TRU about setting up a FanForce table at the Midnight Madness event. He seemed all for it, but he will not
    allow anyone in the store before 12:01 am. If we still decide to set up said table, then we can do so near the exit where we can catch everyone as they are leaving. He wasn't a jerk. He was just concerned
    about upsetting Uncle George. Anyway, I am still debating the table issue. Feel free to chime in with your two cents worth concerning this issue.

Have a nice evening!

4. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I think the table is still a good idea, but heres just a thought. what if we set it up outside while we wait.

Basically all of us, well those who want can take turns at the table while the others hold or spot in line.

Thats just an idea.

5. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    Roger has suggested something along those lines as well. Sounds like a good idea. I will see about getting everything set up!

Jake

6. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    As mentioned in previous emails, grouplist messages, and FF board postings, if an overwhelming majority votes for one logo before the end of the election day, we will forego the wait and close the polls.

And the winner is, by a landslide, Logo A! Mark has done some wonderful work, as have all the artists who submitted logos for consideration. I truly feel that this logo embodies Tulsa and Star Wars. Keep in mind that this is NOT an absolutely permanent thing. Should we decide at a later date to change said logo, we can do so provided that a general concensus can be reached.

I have some ideas for group T-shirts that I will share with you all on Monday night while at dinner. The t-shirts will share a common theme, while at the same time allowing for member individuality.

I spoke with the manager at Pizza Hut and confirmed that we would have enough space to accomodate whatever size of group shows up for dinner. I am still working on getting the table for Monday night. I have several sources, so it shouldn't be a problem at all! I look forward to seeing everyone I've met again, and to meeting those of you that I haven't met yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.