main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Turkey Day

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Life has been pretty tough for a number of us this year, problems with home and family. Yet, even with the battalions of troubles that besiege us, we still have plenty to be thankful for. One of those things is the friendships we have made and keep.

I'd like to thank you all for coming to the Boardwalk this year, it was a great time and terrific getting to meet new friends and hang out with old friends.

K&J, our hearts are with you as you go through this trying time, I wish I had words to ease your pain, but all I can offer is a shoulder to cry on and a hand to hold when you need it. As the darkness always turns to dawn, so to this shall pass and better times will come around again. This is slim comfort when the loss of loved ones draws near, but those that are no longer with us in the flesh will ALWAYS be with us in spirit, in our hearts, and in our memories. I still think of Leslye smiling and squeezing my butt just for the shock value, of her generosity. Of how her life touched mine and changed it, perhaps in the most important way, as she helped bring my wife of nearly twenty years now in to my life. So the good that people do is remembered and always will be, and by that even though the flesh may give out, they have achieved immortality and will be with us and others forever.

You two have a lot of courage and compassion, enough to carry you through this, but never think for a moment that you have to do it alone, we are here for you when you need us.

For the rest, if times are rough for you, also know that you don't walk alone. And if times are plentiful and life is good, be thankful for what you have, and share that bounty of joy and happiness with others so that they may receive hope and joy from you.

May you all find love, joy and peace this holiday season and beyond,

Dark Lord Sid

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Thanks so much, Sid.

Yes, we all have had our difficult moments this year. Illness, surgeries, housing/home challenges, and losses and forthcoming losses, both physically and emotionally. But, it is our family within the Force and our "Tribe" that makes everything go a bit easier and the laugher even that much better.

I'm with Sid in that that day at Santa Cruz Boardwalk was one of the best I have ever experienced. Laughing so hard I cried, riding my favorite coaster of all time until I almost puked!) :D The sharing and bonding that was a continuation for some and opening of new doors for others.

"Difficult to see the future is." However, both Jos and I know that as long as we have our tribe/family that we can survive anything. As for next year, it still comes with hopes, dreams and new adventures. So, to all of you, lets get together and Surf The Force and see where the current takes us. Besides, I need another trip to the Beach!

Hugs and Much Love to all of you this season. And remember, we are all there for each other.

Master Kenobi

P.S. Sid, WHAT??? Leslye grabbed your butt too ?!? [face_laugh] *Raising a pint to SarRenya..the best bloody Imperial that ever walked the Death Star!!**

3. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Let us give thanks;

For generous friends...with hearts...and smiles as bright
    as their blossoms;

For feisty friends, as tart as apples;

For continuous friends, who, like scallions and cucumbers,
    keep reminding us that we've had them;

For crotchety friends, sour as rhubarb and as indestructible;

For handsome friends, who are as gorgeous as eggplants and
    as elegant as a row of corn, and the others, as plain as
    potatoes and so good for you;

For funny friends, who are as silly as Brussels sprouts and
    as amusing as Jerusalem artichokes;

And serious friends as unpretentious as cabbages, as subtle
    as summer squash, as persistent as parsley, as delightful as
    dill, as endless as zucchini and who, like parsnips, can be
    counted on to see you through the winter;

For old friends, nodding like sunflowers in the evening-time,
    and young friends coming on as fast as radishes;

For loving friends, who wind around us like tendrils and hold
    us, despite our blights, wilts and witherings;

And finally, for those friends now gone, like gardens past
    that have been harvested, but who fed us in their times that
    we might have life thereafter.

For all these we give thanks.

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    "Life is full of sweet surprises, every day's a gift
    The sun comes up and I can feel it lift my spirit.
    Fills me up with laughter, fills me up with song
    I look into the eyes of love and know that I belong."
    Bless us all, Muppet Christmas Carol

I am thankful for all of you who have supported me from day one.
    It's been a hard year for several of us, but like has already been said, we're there for each other and the laughter helps so much.
    Even though we have to say goodbye to some, their memory and spirits will survive.

Happy turkey day everyone. Eat some turkey and gravy for me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.