main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TV]-Supernatural

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Yep! Same username as here. What about you?

So what should we do to decorate? Sam and Dean standees would be cool. Maybe draw up a devils trap? What else? Lines of salt? (authentic, but not so visible from below. ) Maybe a rack of fake weapons?

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Or build out of cardboard the front end of an impala... or make the side of one out of cardboard or something... we need an Impala!

3. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Ooooh, yes! Absolutely have to have an Impala! I wonder if the side view might be better? Ok, so how do we do it? Lots of carboard and paint a view of the Impala?

4. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I've been busy. Would anyone be interested in a Supernatural ringtone? I made it in both .m4r (iPhone) and mp3. It's the music that plays on the DVD menus.

5. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    YES!!!
    can you email it to me?

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    we are on 6 pages!!!! [face_dancing]

7. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Nnay, email is sent to your hotmail account!

Yes, we are busy little posters. Fun for us, and good for the RMFF post count. O:)

I'm up through s4e17. Dang, I'm starting to get an inkling about what you and my friend Melinda were talking about. And I have the sinking feeling that if I told her this, she would just cackle and say I still have more to see...

Reminds me. Got to order season 5.

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    About the boys or how the show is CRACK?! thanks for the ribgtone I'll check my mail.

Now you understand why we were so crazy about our posters we bought....hehehe

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i was in bed but got up to sync up my phone with my new ringer...

yes i have a problem, but the first step is admitting it. ;)

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    it works PERFECTLY thank you SOOOOOOOO much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:D]

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I was thinking the profile side would work. Cardboard or that foam board stuff would be great. We can use cellophane or something for the glass on the windows, use chrome paint for the shiny bits and make the black shiny too. If we want to get REALLY elaborate we can get working headlights or something like that....

Or maybe have just the rear of the car with the trunk open or something. Have all kinds of weapons and stuff in the the trunk.

12. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    OOOooooo and for our door we can salt it and put a devil's trap on it. Heh.

And then not to spoil it for the folks not quite there yet, but we can also put a angel repellent sigil up too. Make it look like it was done in blood and stuff.

13. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Oooo! Me! I haz an iPhone! (e-mail is in my profile)

14. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Heh. I can totally hook you up with the occult symbols (Devil's traps being based on Goetic symbols, which I've been wanting to cross compare, anyway), herbs, salt, stones, whatever. :D I like the trunk/weapons cache idea. That sounds very cool. If it's a balcony room, you could put a Devil's Trap on the ceiling of the balcony and it'll bee seen from the atrium!

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    We can do it in florescent paint and have a black light hooked up. That would be cool.

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    haven't you kids learned anything...if we aren't careful we will have our own HELL HOUSE!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

17. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    About how the boys are a bit too emotionally wrought for a relationship... ok, that's not quite the wording you two were using, but I thought I'd be nice. :p

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I agree that the side profile would be better; more recognizable I think. Good idea on the foam board and cellophane. Headlights would be a nice touch. I don't think they have to be real - couldn't we use some more cellophane and stuff, with a lightsource? Might be cheaper than a real headlight.

I was thinking about the weapons and stuff. Given the way weapons are stored in the trunk, would anyone be able to see it from down below in the atrium? Could we display them in some way for them to be more visible? I do like the trunk idea though... maybe have something set up so the trunk is "open"? Hm, and you know, weapons aren't the only thing they carry around in that car. They're always pulling out bottles of beer, and they have to have come from somewhere. ;)

Definitely need to salt the room - not just the door, but also the balcony. Would it be more appropriate to line the balcony door, or around the edge of the balcony itself?

Perfect! :D I love the idea of putting the devil's trap up to be seen from the balcony, and the florescent paint idea is great too. We don't have to limit ourselves though, right? I mean, we could have one on the balcony and more inside, right? And I think it would be great if Q can hook us up with more stuff too.

I dunno. Would nnay let us do something like that, given who her favorite character is? :p Unless there's some spoilerish thing coming up that I miraculously haven't been spoiled on yet...

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    [face_laugh] awww i heart him. cutie boy angel! :)

20. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    With that pop-up thing in the trunk, a lot of the weapons are mounted on that. I think I saw a dreamcatcher once, too.

I would do the edge of the balcony, unless you want something evil on the balcony.

I'll start researching. :D

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    gonna turn the room into a hell house...*shakes head* will people ever learn? *giggle*

i am sure Dean would put in a few expletives here. :)

22. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Heh. I know as much as he does. :p Just tell me what you want to attract and what you want to keep away.

This will be an excellent excuse for me to get an herbal and the Book of Enoch. I've been wanting them anyway.

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ooh what is that?

i want to attract hot hunters....and hot angels. :)

seriously i talked to S_C she said she would be willing to give the show a second chance..anita & T you can talk to her. ;)

24. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    The Book of Enoch is a lost book of the Bible that turned up with some other books, and has been used in Ethiopia (I think) for centuries. It describes the fall of the angels, the demons, and names several of each (Uriel is named as an archangel, BTW; they all have names ending in "el" meaning "God" -- which is how I knoew what Cas was right away, but the eyeball burning had me second-guessing for a couple minutes).

A lot of ceremonial magic (which is where the devils traps come from) originates in this book.

25. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I also have a partial digital copy of the Lesser Key of Solomon which has devil's traps used as well. One of them is really close to the one they use on the show. My collection of books probably isn't as extensive as QHM, but since I've been writing fanfic for the show I've collected a few. Including a book on Scottish folklore written by John Francis Campbell (I like to think he's one of THOSE Campbells) and I guess that is a spoiler for seasons 5 and 6 so I'll highlight it.

And if we need herbs and stuff, my mom is into all that smelly stuff. She's gots TONS of stuff having to do with essential oils and natural healing.

So we want to do the profile of the car, make it as cool as possible. Get a black light, flourescent paint etc... Do we want to just paint a bunch of stuff on clear plastic sheeting or something (they sell it at JoAnns) so we can hang it on the walls and make it look like we painted it there? That way we're not vandalizing the room or anything ;) not that we would...

As for the salting of the room, yes we must do that, but I've always wondered on the show why don't they just fill some plastic tubing with salt and use that as a barrier. So when something comes a calling they can't just blow it away with wind or something. I don't know how many times I've seen that happen to them. Even better, just fill a hulahoop with salt. Instant circle!