main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion [Twilight] The Switzerland Support Group

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by DarthIshtar, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I love Edward and Emmett's plot to get Ben and Angela together. I was laughing through the whole thing.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Name: RK_Striker_JK_5 or Jon. Either or.
    Jacob or Edward?: Ed, I think.
    Favorite Twilight book: Twilight
    Twilighter or Twihard? (Book fan or movie fan): I shall wait until the movie hits to decide. ;)
    A link to one of your fics here: The Successor A Vampire Princess Miyu crossover-natch ;)

Hmm. Technically, I've only written Felix, Jane and Aro, so I can't comment on that. ;) I won't read Midnight Sun. That sucked what happened, there.

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    my girlfriends just got me into this so I'm pretty new to the fandom. Here I go:

Name: SilSolo (Caroline)
    Jacob or Edward?: Edward all the way. The guy's suuuuch a major hottie! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
    Favorite Twilight book: I need to catch up on my reading
    Twilighter or Twihard? (Book fan or movie fan): will answer when i do get around to reading
    A link to one of your fics here: N/A

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Hello all. I just started listening to the unabridged audio cd of Twilight during my long commute. This morning I got as far as Bella's weird experience with Edward in science class. I got a little spoiler on that from a friend so I'm aware what happened. I'm enjoying the story and hope to read some fics as I proceed.

Name: Brodie
    Jacob or Edward?: I haven't met Jacob yet.
    Favorite Twilight book: I just started Twilight
    Twilighter or Twihard? (Book fan or movie fan): Audio book fan for now.
    A link to one of your fics here: no fics yet...

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    For a discussion topic, how has the movie (if you've seen it - and remember, HIGHLIGHT SPOILERS) changed your views of the characters, if at all?

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Short answer (because I have to leave for dinner in a couple minutes and then finish off preparations for tonight's exam) -- no. I found the acting of the leads was so monotone and dull (kind of like the exact opposite of overacting) and didn't add anything new or any new perspectives for me.

Everyone else was pretty much exactly as they seem in the books.

7. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    The movie made the Cullen family click for me. I had the hardest time picturing Edward's "siblings" when reading the books, and I was forever getting Emmett and Jasper confused. Just being able to see a visual representation helped a lot.

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    So I got bored at the Amsterdam airport today and bought Twilight. Read it in 4 hours, am now hooked. :(

9. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Ha! I got hooked at an airport too (Baltimore Washington International, in August)

And then I got sick a couple weeks later and spent 4 days in bed reading the other 2 books.

And then Breaking Dawn came out.

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm going to try and find the next 2 for a decent price here in Prague. I've got 17 hours of traveling next weekend and will need something to do.

11. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    As someone new to the fandom, and only two thirds of the way through Twilight, I'm struggling with something.

Bella seems too nonchalant about Edward's savage side. When she told him it didn't matter, I was as shocked as he was. Later, as he explains his hunting and that of his brothers and sisters, she still seems too accepting. I feel like comparing her to a woman in love with a serial killer, completely aware of his activities. Yes, there is the caviat that he doesn't feed on humans, but what if he did? Would it matter? She is so obsessed with him that rational thought seems absent.

She even seems to want to tempt fate in how she touches him and excites him. Strange.

I'm still reading, still enjoying it, but this is a distraction. Thoughts?

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    To the first sentence, LOL, keep reading; it gets better. ;)

And no, that kinda bothered me too. But then again, if she didn't accept it, we wouldn't have a story.

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    It bothers me a bit, but there's some point when we just have to accept things at face value and don't think too deeply about it (the example a teacher of mine gave was Twelfth Night - woud you really think a girl is a guy? No, but if you can't just take it at face value and enjoy the story for what it is, then it takes the pleasure of the story away).

14. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002

The thing is, people do fall in love with serial killers. People get married to criminals serving a life-sentence in prison.

It's said that true love is beyond logic.

15. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    That's exactly what I meant karebear. It does defy logic. But I'm still enjoying the story.

16. DarthJainaSolo

DarthJainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2007
    Name: Megan
    Jacob or Edward?: Jacob
    Favorite Twilight book: Breaking Dawn
    Twilighter or Twihard? (Book fan or movie fan): Twilighter
    I don't have a fic on here yet, but I will soon, I think.

On what Brodiew says about Bella and Edward:

I can see that point of Bella being so obsessed with Edward that she wouldn't care if he was a murderer. The way her life revolves around him is, to say the least, a little annoying when I'm reading from her point-of-view. I liked the love story as it was presented in Twilight, because Edward was new, mysterious, and kind of a novelty for me. But sometimes it seems that I, as a reader, can see his faults and Bella can't.

On how the movie has changed my view of the characters:

Not much, actually. I'm a fan of Robert Pattinson, I'll admit, and thought that he was the perfect Edward. If anything, I liked Bella more in the movie than the book. And I like Bella anyway, though I can't always relate to her.

On a side note, Breaking Dawn changed my opinions of the characters more than the movie. I liked Edward a lot more than I did in New Moon and Eclipse, and this was probably my favorite Bella book. I'd been in love with Jacob since Twilight, and BD only reaffirmed those feelings. I even liked Rosalie.

17. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Robert was first the perfect Cedric and now seems to be a fantastic Edward.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.