main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Twinning?

Discussion in 'Archive: South' started by Black-Tiger, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black-Tiger

Black-Tiger Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2008
    Hi, long time no see! I'm actually here to ask if you've considered twinning this forum with another? You know how some towns twin themselves with others in other countries? Well same thing. Only in this case it'll be this forum with THIS ONE! I know there's over a dozen members there who come from the South West alone, so I figured this will be the best chance FF-South will have of surviving. Also moose, I know that some of FF-South's old members left their E-mail addresses on their profiles, so if you try to contact them there could well be quite a few members between the two forums in which to have meets. But please moose, not only could you sign up to SFX's local forum yourself but can you also get as many interested members here to sign up too?

Thanks. :)

2. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    This probably counts as spamvertising.

3. Black-Tiger

Nov 25, 2008
    How can it be classed as spam if I've got nothing to gain from it? I've got nothing to gain by it except to join sci-fi fans up together to make a free to join sci-fi club, a club that FF-South members can be a part of if they want. I was even going to put contacts for FF-South on the poster. But if you want to be cynical about it then fine, delete this thread and watch FF-South go down the drain, because that's where it's going, fast!

EDIT: Tell you what, if the request I made about asking FF-South members to join the other forum makes you think it's spam just forget about that part and I'll be the go between. I'll organise things on both forums so we can meet together. Does that help?

4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'll be brutally honest here, and I mean it. Black-Tiger, all you seem to do is complain about things but when things are done you just ignore them completely. I went to the Natural History Museum with some other fanforce members last week, did you even read the thread about that? I know you didn't reply to it. As it turned out we had a nice day, seeing not just the dinosaurs but also the Darwin Centre.

I also sent you a PM asking you if you could distribute flyers in your local area. Last I heard you were in Exeter and the Uni sci-fi society is quite active, or it was. There are also some comic shops around. You didn't even reply to the PM to say you couldn't do it.

This is also not how twinning on these boards works. I think some fanforces are twinned but only with other fanforces and certainly not with offsite boards like that one. Yeah, sure, you can organise meets for that forum, but in order for it to be an official fanforce meet there has to be three fanforce members and those three members need to post here or at least be members here.

Have you read my latest reply in the plan of action thread? Have you read the Collectormania thread? Why do you reply to those? It doesn't matter if you can't go, just discuss it. In the past there have been cases where well liked members have wanted some things but couldn't go and they've had friends look out for them. I collected something from Celebration Europe for another fanforce member.

Why don't you start discussions that contain more than just complaints about how things are done? Would you reply to threads if I start them? I can start all threads I want but there's no point if no one replies to them.

I don't want to see this fanforce die either, but there's only so much I can do. I don't have the skill or enough spare time to design a flyer so I started a competition. No one submitted anything. If you want to help out then why not design a flyer and distribute it? Why not respond to my PM saying whether or not you can distribute flyers in your local area? Why not reply to threads and give some input when it comes to organising meets?

5. Black-Tiger

Nov 25, 2008
    Sorry, but I haven't been on theforce.net at all for quite a while, let alone the UK forum, which quite frankly was beginning to feel like talking in a graveyard. Sorry, can't do a flyer just for FF-South alone seeing that I'm not really a SW fan any longer. I was just here to do a bit of networking for all of us, to link loads of Sci-Fi fans in the South West together rather than merely SW fans. Now if it were a flyer for FF-South and other sites then I would probably do it.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Networking is an interesting idea. I have established a facebook group for FFUK for that very purpose. If you are interested in joining Black-Tiger you are welcome to. It is much easier to organise meets with people when you use a method of communication they actually see & respond to seeing as many FFUK members don't post here that much these days.

I'm not sure twinning with off-site places is viable, and really these sorts of issues are things you should raise with the CR & RSA privately. Open topics like this usally only cause aggrevation.

7. Black-Tiger

Nov 25, 2008
    Yes, trying to start up a network is what I was trying to do. I feel it's especially necessary in this part of the world where there aren't that many Sci-Fi fans let alone SW fans. Yeah, there's a good chance of starting meets between people who like all types of Sci-Fi, but little chance of getting one started based on such a small clique as SW, especially since Lucas turned off so many old school fans such as myself with the PT. If moose is interested I could put a FF-South logo and address on a flyer along with the other forum's logo and address? Firstly though, you need a FF-South logo. Is moose able to design one? If she does and posts it I'll include it on a flyer.

Moose, would you be able to get hold of most if not all the old FF-South members who've since left and say what we're trying to do here?

And Richie, if you post a link to your Facebook page I'll join.

Remember my motto: "The further you spread the net the more fish you stand chance of catching."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.