main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

UATC confirms NO MIDNIGHT SHOW on May 15.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I just got off of the phone with Nick Holton at United Artist Guest Relations. He emphatically confirmed that there will absolutely NOT BE A MIDNIGHT SHOWING OF STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES on Wednesday, May 15, 2002. The earliest showing will be at 10 AM on Thursday, May 16. This was at the direction of Lucasfilm Limited. Based on this, I would assume AMC to maintain a similar position. Grrrrrrr...

2. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    well new battle plan troops ?
    D&B event showing for us?

3. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    lmao @ this. We have flyers all over denver talking about the midnight showing lmfao! This is sad. This is what we get for getting all wild. I knew this was gonna happen. Screw it, I'm going to Highlands Ranch 24 on Friday, it's close And I can get tickets online for it

4. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    well, if the earliest showing anywhere is 10 am Thursday, personally I would still like to see it at the Continental. What do you guys think?

5. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    so true JO so true.

6. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I have to cast my vote for the Continental too. I have seen all 4 of the previous films there on the BIG SCREEN for my first viewing, and can't see breaking with tradition now. We should remember that this edict was handed down from George On High, and not the Bean-counters of the theatre franchises. Is there any update on the post Kempe line-up on the 12th? Is it still a go, or are people going to be spreading the wealth among the other multiplexes in town?

7. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    I, for one, am saying to hell with the continental. I'd rather sit in stadium seating nice big lounging seats. Lucas is a phagocyte!

8. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    hes a what? is that anything like a male pole dancer? ;) I have never seen amovie ther so I owe nothing to the tradition of it now if the cooper was still open thats were I would be but they tore it down so long ago. stadium seating sounds great to me Jo any ides? if nobody wants to run with the ball and its every man for him self I will be at the WESTY 24 for the d&b thing and if I get tickets then cool other wise oh wellI can wait. life will not be over for me.

9. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    The theater isn't stadium seating but it has a big ass screen...that's about as cool as the continental gets...big screen lol. From all of the multiplexes i've been to, Highlands Ranch 24 has had the most confortable seating I've ever been to. I plan on seeing it there. Unless you wanna hook up at the continental or HR24, see it there and then all cruise up for the D&B thing, that'd work too.

10. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    hell I dont know what to do. but I guess that could be a good plan jo want to run with that?

11. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    Sure, just pick one of those and I'll go to either, unless you want to go to a different theater. Either way is fine with me

12. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    If there isn't going to be a midnight show, I think we could maybe plan to catch the very first show at the Westminster 24, which is there beside the D&B's and go directly from the show to the party.

13. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    Waking up extra early to get my ass way out there? no way lmao

14. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    lets do the D&B thing sound cool?

15. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    of course we can do the D&B thing. I'm gonna watch it down here first so that I don't have to wake up extra early to get out there on time for the 10am showing.

16. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    thats my plan jedi-pilot- westminster- if my boss gives me the day off tomorow Il be there EARLY to stand in line- i dont expect abig one, but you never know- Ill know if im off tomorow before 5 today & Ill post it so if anyone else is goin to the amc 24 at D&Bs- let me know

17. Jedi_Nova

Jedi_Nova Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2001
    I think I am with JO and Chunk! I am going to buy tickets online to see it at Westminster 24 maybe we can meet up there? I was kina thinking Highlands Ranch though.....

Well I will go check out the officail ticket thread now! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.