main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource (UK) Strange World of Fan Fiction

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LAJ_FETT , Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that BBC Radio 4 is presenting a half-hour show on Fan Fiction Monday afternoon at 4PM UK time - When Harry Potter Met Frodo: The Strange World of Fan Fiction. You can see more at BBC Radio 4.

Note that they offer a 'listen again' service and downloads but I'm not sure if they are available outside of the UK.

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Is When Harry Potter Met Frodo a slash fanfic?[face_laugh]

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    No, then it would be titled "When Harry Potter Did Frodo". [face_tee_hee]

Darth_Kiryan and Jinn is MINE like this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Let us outside the UK know how it goes. Thanks!

5. Jinn is MINE

Jinn is MINE Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Yes, let us know how the show goes. I don't think any online play will work outside the UK.

6. Count_Drabbu

Count_Drabbu Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 30, 2007
    Yes, you absolutely can use it outside the UK. It's only the television part of the iPlayer that doesn't work elsewhere. Trust me, I've been listening to Radio 4 (and Radio 4 Extra) in the US for a very long time.

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I love the above quote from that link you gave. So it is us heterosexual women who are too blame for all that Jag/Zekk/Kyp slash fiction. :D

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The show is definitely worth listening to if you can get it outside of the UK. I thought it was pretty good. Quite a bit was on the slash aspect, but other things were addressed as well. SW wasn't mentioned though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.