main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Ultimate Fantasy: Cosmic Realm: Realm of Free-Play

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by DarkSide_Apprentice, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Woman in Bar

Wonderin if it had been something she had drank before or if her eyes were playing tricks on her, the Woman sloshed her mop into the bucket ringer, and dried out her mop. Now being dry, she began to wipe up all the water that the puddle seemed to take up, and vigoriuosly trying to make the mess go away.

Tag: Others

2. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    Dog
    The dog continue to sniff and walk around the puddle, as it kept a wairy eye on it. The silly woman with
    ket trying to do something to it, but it was not working. Ignoring the barks, the dog decided to keep an eye on the puddle thingie instead. The man who had fed him had not reacted to it, but seemed to simply watch it. So the dog would watch it as well.

Chu'ra

She had asked Amurca why it was here. There was a very long pause before she got a response.

Was curious. And then she was suprised with a question.

And what are you, something? Chu'ra smiled to herself. A simple enough question. They both were curious.

I am Chu'ra. I too am curious. I have heard of another like you. But never have I seen one before. I too can change shapes.//

She would let it mull over that bit of information while she continued to watch. They could have lots of fun together.

TAG:Elu, Thok, LSA

3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Nameless Tavern

Wandering Swordsman

Jubei sat without moving for a long time. In his travels he's witnessed many things that would drive any normal mortal insane. What he witnessed now was not nearly as astonishing, but in it's own way caused him to marvel, primarily from the sheer lack of a description.

A puddle thing had oozed it's way into the tavern. Moreover, the nondescript puddle was capable of indipendent locomotion. Simply Amazing.

Jubei looked on, almost transfixed. Then he looked at his cup of sake, then at the bar tender. Hmmm. Perhaps he was seeing things, but he felt neither drugged nor drunk, though a nice and warm buzz was settling inside of him. There was also the matter of his gem. It wasn't glowing nor did it tingle, which meant that the puddle was not like one of the creatures he was sworn to destroy. It probably didn't even have a soul.

Then by the five rings, what was it?

Apparently no one knew.

No one at the Tavern made a move to investigate what the protoplasmic icor was, except for the dog. Everyone merely observed, for now. A woman had appeared seemingly out of nowhere and was making an attempt to clean up the 'living' ooze.

At that moment, Jubei's hand tingled. The jewel was reacting to something 'evil'. It was still faint, probably still some distance away, but close enough to be perceived, if only just.

If the swordsman had at all reacted to this sensation, he gave no indication of it. All he did was finish his cup of sake and put down the porcelain container before stretching, then resumed looking at the event transpiring before him, while simultaneously gaguing the strength of his gem's reaction.

Jubei looked towards the 'cleaning woman' and tried to gauge her reaction to the puddle. What a curious thing. It seemed harmless enough, but the wandering swordsman knew better. In all his years as a warrior he'd learned to trust nothing, except for his inticts.

Hmm....how would the puddle react to a little sake, he wondered. However, the dog might lap it all up before the slow moving puddle got to it. No, sake was too precious a commodity in these foreign lands to be treated so casually. Jubei banished that idea from his mind almost as soon as it was formed.

The best course of action right now was to observe, study and learn.....and wait. Especially now that he'd picked up a faint and distant taint of evil.

Jubei smiled ruefully.

He had only recently arrived on these foreign lands, but he was not lost as he'd initially thought. The fates guided him, as they guided his swords. It was only a matter of time before he would once again need to put his skills to good use.

He could only hope there was enough time to enjoy some of the hospitalities these foreign lands had to offer before the never-ending cycle began anew.

Tag: anyone. Dog, puddle, woman, etc. ( I hope the post is ok, sorry for my absence )

OOC: I didn't see a character sheet for "Veronica", did I miss it somehow?

4. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    OOC: She needs no character sheet. She is just "a civilian" that will not be used after this scene :p

unless something soo odd happens that i end up using her again :p

5. DarkSide_Apprentice

DarkSide_Apprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2001
    Size was not the most important thing in the world. It had its uses, certainly. It could impress and empower, but its uses were limited. When a village was small, when one of its taverns was sparsely occupied, that did not mean that it was not without purpose. A small place, a room without crowds, was not insignificant. Truly, one tavern was no more or less important than any other, for the most part.

There were qualities that defined something for what it was, a set of characteristics that allowed its distinction as something unique, or part of a particular class. If this particular tavern could be categorised in any way, it would be as something normal. That is, if normal was the word used to describe a place filled with magical energy, a place that drew beings sensitive to such powers. It was a place just like any other.

Within its walls was a puddle, an ooze of some unusual changing shape and form, which caught the attention of a canine. There was no way of knowing whether the dog was the oddity, or the strange puddle. The two seemed equally strange. And, it seemed that they were communicating.

Had he not known better, the patron observing the whole event would have laughed aloud at the bizarre display. He watched as the dog growled at the shifting puddle, and then as it growled toward a serving woman. Veronica seemed not to notice his gaze upon her. She simply carried on with her efforts to clean up the puddle, but it moved and eluded her.

"Leave it be," the patron said slowly, as his eyes narrowed with keen observation. He knew that the dog was speaking with the puddle, or communicating through some other medium or form. That communication did not give him concern, nor did the watchfulness of Jubei.

Neither of the two escaped his attention. Likewise, the newly revealed presence and near vicinity of a being in service to evil was only too well known. It was just a matter of time before things became interesting.

6. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Whew, so busy, so for the delay for return posting. ;)

And HunterPrime there are no others like Amurca...maybe similar, but none like him...but I'll let it slide as no one knows everything, even our characters can make mistakes. ;)

Amurca IC:

Amurca quietly awaited a response from this mysterious something and watched the somethings around it, when that one something with the...thing kept trying to hurt him/her. Amurca, feeling a little [f-f-fru..frustrated!] eluded and evaded the thing and the something entirely, going once up the thing near the somethings hands then back down to the floor just to startle the something to know that Amurca was a living something too!

The four legged something kept watching Amurca, so Amurca did the same. That's when the mysterious something responded, Amurca listened.

And what are you, something?

A pause, Amurca thought he explained this already. I am Amurca.

I am Chu'ra. I too am curious. I have heard of another like you. But never have I seen one before. I too can change shapes.

So...you are...a Chu'ra. And...a-another like me? Another Amurca? And change...shapes? Like into other somethings? That is a..amazing. I can only change once. But only after I require all my parts, I only have one right now.

Amurca then got a little bit more frustrated at the something with the thing that tried to hurt Amurca, this time deciding to show off his/her speed, that acquired from the horse Atticus, and moved all around the woman and the place, hoping to clearly show that it was irritated at the thing trying to sweep Amurca up. And also to hopefully show he/she was no slowpoke either. Amurca could move when Amurca really wanted to move, dammit.

Amurca then noticed another something watching him (Jubei), how intriguing...it looked good, perhaps Amurca could acquire something from it...hope it would not be mad, not like it would hurt it.

Amurca then looked back at the four legged something too, perhaps a part from that? Debating, debating. For now, await a response from this Chu'ra.

Tag: Everyone in Tavern

7. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Rhe

Rhe's falcon ears picked up sound. No, not sound...thought. He detected thought, coming from inside the tavern.

Inside? Ugh...not in there. As curious as it was, Rhe didn't revel in the prospect of picking his way through a hole in the roof, but he didn't think there was any other way. He couldn't just fly in the front door - could he?

In seconds, he was in the air, swooping through the door, keeping high. He found a rafter, up high, and perched upon it, waiting for the thought-talk to continue.

Who is there? he projected.

Tag: Elu, Hunter Prime[/i]

8. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Dog

A new scent!

The dog, still keeping an eye on the puddle thing, that had suddenly moved very quickly. It moved, watching it, as it followed with sharp eyes. It decided to leave the silly woman alone for now, as it's head turned, sniffing out the new scent.

Up? A bird sat now on the rafters. The dog moved over, sitting in a spot between the man and the puddle. With a small woof, it looked, its head cocked to one side, as if very confused. It wagged its tell, as the man said something, but then stared back at the puddle. The other man, sat still. Curious, it sat, watching all.

-=-==-=-=-=-=-
    Chu'ra

As with all beginings, there was much to learn. This puddle thing could move quickly. And it seemed to be learning quite well. The dog seemed to handle it all quite well.

She had learned the puddle had a name. Amurca. And they spoke. The puddle had responded to her, its mental thoughts quite strong.

//So...you are...a Chu'ra. And...a-another like me? Another Amurca? And change...shapes? Like into other somethings? That is a..amazing. I can only change once. But only after I require all my parts, I only have one right now. //

Parts? It needed parts to form itself? That was interesting. Chu'ra responded.

//Like you. But also like the 2 legs. // She was about to say something, when the dog whined. She looked around, and found another set of eyes upon them.

A falcon? Someones pet, perhaps? It, swooped through the door, keeping high. He found a rafter, up high, and perched . Not unusual, until another, new thought came into being.

//Who is there? //

Chu'ra smiled a moment, before she responded.

//You look for something?//

The discovery seemed to get more enjoyable by the moment. Time to find out what she could, and perhaps, a bit more.

Tag: Darth_Elu, Penguinator-176 ,Thok, Bar Folks[/i]

9. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: I shall be gone for the weekend and will return on the night of the 30th of April, until that point...

HunterPrime has full control over Amurca.

10. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Name: Donar
    Species: Divine Hero
    Age: Appears to be in his early 30's, though much older.
    Faction: Good
    Home: None
    Place of Birth: Unknown
    Weapons/Armor: Warhammer/Breastplate

Appearance:
    [image=http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c35/HaleyGillam/viking.jpg]

Bio: Donar's knows very little of his lineage, all he really knows as fact is that he was raised many decades ago by a single mother near a small seaside fishing village. His mother raised him to believe his father was a neglectful and irresponsible man, a man who shirked his responsibilities and duties. She never told his name, nor gave any indication as to where he might live, if even he was still alive.

In time he grew to be a young man of impressive physical stature, as well as a man of strong moral values and a will to help those around him. Along with his age he became so strong that he could lift things that it would take 10 full grown men to lift, and his endurance was such that he could run for miles without even laboring in breath. Since then his physical attributes have continued developing, and some now even compare it to the mythical giants and titans that reside in the mountains.

At the time of his 18th birthday his mother presented him with two gifts, she told him they were the only items left behind by his father. The first a warhammer no doubt by its quality crafted by a true master, its balance was perfect and when in his hands it delivered such a force as to even sunder the strongest of rocks. The second was an ancient breastplate detailed with exotic motifs of godlike figures locked in battle, it fit as if it was custom made for him and was light as a tunic, and in battle it had never dented or failed him in any way.

IC: Donar, walking on a random country road

The country was a nice place to be, it was quite and there was not the stench of the city to offend ones nose. From time to time one could even find a snack growing in some farmers field, maybe an apple or some carrots. Today could be found a tall barbarian, clad in warriors garb and carrying a large warhammer over his shoulder as he walked down a well worn merchants road. His hair was long and though the dirt in it made it appear brown it was actually blonde, and his eyes were blue like the deep sea he was raised near.

From time to time he would pass along roadside homes, and those living there would know of his coming long before by the sound of someone whistling a merry toon, those that went outside to see what was about would usually be treated to the most amazing sites. After his passing children would tell tales of a large man who would pick up boulders and juggle them with ease, and who could rip full grown trees from the ground. All would claim to have seen the strongest man alive, and that very well could be true but none would ever hear Donar make that claim himself.

He was strong, but in this realm there were many beings that could make even his arms seem like those of a child. He was happy to know that he had brought a small measure of happiness to those that he crossed, and from time to time when the cause was right he would lend a hand. Today as he walked down that road however all seemed right in the heavens, and as such the mortal realms were free to enjoy what the future brought. Fate always seemed to place him in the most curious situations though, and he figured sooner or later it would happen again.

Tag: Whomever is available, or if nobody I will find something entertaining I am sure :p

11. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Back and now am now also ready to post here again. :D

Amurca IC:

Amurca stayed in its position, intrigued further by this Chu'ra. Yes, he was very curious. After answering his question, it seemed Chu'ra was going to say something else too, but the dog whined instead and she seemed distracted by it. Amurca was too, Amurca couldn't blame no one else.

Who is there? came then.

Amurca looked around. It seemed Chu'ra and the four-legged something found this new something(he wasn't sure how he knew Chu'ra found it, but he had a strong feeling), but he sure couldn't find this one.

I am Amurca! Where are you? responded the puddle thingy. He wasn't even sure if the message got through, not sure where to "aim" it at. It wasn't as easy for Amurca to aim mental thoughts to those strong enough to hear them as others after all. For Chu'ra, he had a general idea at least.

In the back of its mind though, Amurca wanted to temporarily break off this conversation with somethings...to acquire a new part. And that something at the bar looked good enough...

Perhaps soon, Amurca would make a move.

Tag: All in Tavern

12. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    In the Tavern
    The Dog

The dog sat down, and looked up at the rafters. It then moved, circling the floor, and sat, streached out while watching both creatures. It was strange. The humans reactions were strange. But this thing, had not hurt it, so it was willing to watch silently. The man thing who had feed him, was still there, sitting silently at a table. The dogs tail, waved slowly, as it watched it all.

Chu'ra

She noticed that Amurca stayed in its position. Good. Amurca was willing to talk.

'I am Amurca! Where are you?' Chu'ra heard the message sent. Amazing. So many things that could change its shape, all meeting on once place. Perhaps there was a reason. They really needed to find another place. But Amurca was drawn here. Perhaps, as he had said eariler, to get another part. She would like to see what that looked like. She moved to get a better view of things.

After a moment, there was no response, so Chu'ra spoke. "Look up, Amurca. The thing that flies speaks. It also changes shape, I would guess." There was a pause. "So, new one, you wish to say something?"

Tag: All in Tavern

13. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Rhe

The thing that flies? Rhe realized he was still a bird.

'I am the Ascended One, Rhe-Deth Naharlotep Ptemonep the Third, but you may refer to me as His Divine Greatness, Lord of the Sun, or The Sun God Resplendent. I give you the choice of honorific.' he projected.

'The falcon I inhabit now is merely the form I thought most befitting my status - a King of the Skies.'

He tilted his head, eyeing the dog and the strange puddle, but could not spy the being called Chu'ra.

'Mortals, I deem you worthy of conversing with me. Pray tell me, what is the cycle of the sun? How long have I been dormant?'

Tag: Chu'ra, Dog, Amurca

14. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    In the Tavern

The Dog

Layed on the floor, watching the two, but not moving. He just observed them, watching carefully. Humans were so strange. So much going on. Did they not realize such? But it was fun to listen. Its tail slowly moved, as he listened.

Chu'ra

The new being spoke up.

'I am the Ascended One, Rhe-Deth Naharlotep Ptemonep the Third, but you may refer to me as His Divine Greatness, Lord of the Sun, or The Sun God Resplendent. I give you the choice of honorific.' the voice told them.

Chu'ra mulled over the titles. She snorted softly. The titles ment nothing to her.But she was not going to call anyone, their Divine Greatness, or God of anything. She imagined that Amurca would have even more thoughts on such a name. The voice continued on.

'The falcon I inhabit now is merely the form I thought most befitting my status - a King of the Skies.'

'Mortals, I deem you worthy of conversing with me. Pray tell me, what is the cycle of the sun? How long have I been dormant?'

It was Chu'ra who replied. 'I am unsure, of your measure of time, but in this realm, the people tell me, the sun cycles ever 25th hour. The sun moves in a year of 370 days. The year is 703 of the current calendar.'

She smiled. 'I move by my own time, its measurements mean nothing to me. But from your speach, your time was before the fall of darkness.'

Chu'ra sat back, and smiled. This was getting quite interesting. A plan began to form, as she waited for a response.

Tag: King of the skies, Amurca, others in tavern

15. DarkSide_Apprentice

DarkSide_Apprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2001
    Amurca was the name that belonged to the puddle. That same puddle was frustrated. And, it was rather nimble for otherwise unidentifiable ooze. It moved with the speed acquired from the horse, Atticus, as it sought to evade and warn the woman away. Those movements, and the words from a male patron who voiced that Veronica should leave the puddle be as it was, were sufficient to offer pause and reprieve.

Communication between the puddle and the dog resumed mere moments later. Before long, however, their efforts to exchange dialogue were interrupted by the presence of a newcomer. It was a falcon, but not a falcon. It was a servant of evil. Swooping through the establishment's open door one moment, just as another patron exited, it found perch upon a rafter seconds later.

The falcon watched from above, and the male patron who had tended to the dog earlier glanced up toward it, before he returned his gaze between the other two beings. Two magical creatures, a puddle with uncanny properties, and what seemed to be a wandering swordsman were present within the same room. And, that was just the half of it.

Even as the male patron watched the puddle, and the falcon and the shifting ooze, he felt a faint stirring. Another powerful being approached them. He came from afar, along the road leading toward the tavern. If it were not crowded yet, it soon would be. What was now a three way conversation could become four way, if not six.

A short, casual glance toward Jubei confirmed that the man was also watching. The male patron returned his attention to his table, and sat in quiet contemplation. He knew that the magical energies within the air were growing. Whether they would be set loose, whether they might be harnessed, or manipulated, or tampered with, remained unknown.

It was likely that the tavern would not survive the night in one piece.

16. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Amurca IC:

"Look up, Amurca. The thing that flies speaks. It also changes shape, I would guess."

It was Chu'ra speaking toward him again. Amurca aimed his mental awareness more up and around, soon enough he sensed and got an idea of what "this thing that flies" looked like. Amurca didn't have eyes proper so that was how he/she figured things out.

Amurca listened then to some banter between this new something and Chu'ra, finally intervening.

"Apprehended One, Why-Filth Nawhorlygig Pompous the Third..." a pause for strain of thought, " or Deveeene Greatness, Horde of the Son, or Son God Retrospect...what are you doing here? I have come for a new part and Chu'ra...I'm not sure. B-bored I think."

Amurca didn't mind, let alone recognize, that he had utterly messed up this newcomer's titles and name, as innocent as a child and as a stubborn as one thinking he or she was right until corrected. Amurca merely waited for a response before, suddenly deciding on a split second thing, not able to wait any longer.

"O-one, m...moment!" Amurca announced sharply in his strained thinking tone.

Amurca suddenly shifted and moved a little toward the one at the bar, Jubei was his name(though Amurca did not know this).

"If you don't m-mind, something. I come to get a part."

And with that, with his speed of the horse, Amurca leapt from the ground and straight toward Jubei, the mysterious something he wanted to acquire a part from. Amurca wondered in that second how the something would react.

Tag: Jubei

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Nameless Tavern

Wandering Swordsman

Jubei maintained a casual manner, even after his gem began to emit a soft and warm glow which was obstructed by the bit of armour protecting his hand. He noticed how the sensation increased after the bird's arrival. Jubei watched them, casually, but carefully, as the bird, the dog and the ooze drew within each other's proximity. Their behaviour seemed unsual to him, but nothing to cause alarm. This went on for several moments as Jubei watched. The swordman's keen eyes saw Amurca move towards him, but pretended not to notice.

Suddenly and without warning, Amurca leapt towards Jubei, but the swordsman was ready.

In one swift motion, Jubei intercepted the leaping ooze with his Jar of Sake, effectively scooping it in mid-air. Amurca went in with a splash, but jubei made sure not to spill a drop, though his drink was now spoiled. He placed the Jar ontop a table and took one step away. He stood at the ready, but did not draw his sword. At least not yet.

"Who's creature is this?" he demanded in a loud and firm voice. He never took his eyes off the Jar as he addressed the tavern patrons. If he was force to draw steel, then so be it.

Tag: Amurca in jar, those in tavern

18. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Dog - Unnamed Tavern

The dog looked up as if interested in something. The puddle moved slightly, and the dog's ears perked up. Suddenly, the puddle thing moved with amazing speed towards the warrior at the bar. The dog lept up, and jumped back, baring teeth and growling as it backed up near the human that had feed it eariler. It was quite an unexpected move. The next move was even more unexpected.

The human at the bar spun around. In one swift motion, it caught the leaping ooze with his jar, effectively scooping it in mid-air. The dog stopped growling, but stood, ears perked up now. This human was interesting.

Chu'ra

As Chu'ra quietly observed the actions in the bar, she began to realize things. This bar was not as it seemed. Others seemed to be noticing things happening within the bar. Her eyes grew wide, as she sensed magic activating within the bar. Oooooh. Is that what drew her to this place? It certainly was getting more unusual by the moment. With the arrival of 'he with many titles', it turned even more conflicting. She did find one statement he had made, of interest. 'The falcon I inhabit now is merely the form I thought most befitting my status - a King of the Skies.' Inhabit? That mean his body was elsewhere. How curious.

Just as Chu'ra was musing over that bit of news and such, things within the bar caught her attentions. The creature known as Amurca, seemed to have come to a decision about obtaining 'a part' as he put it.

Amurca had leapt towards Jubei, but the swordsman was ready. In one swift motion, Jubei intercepted the leaping ooze with his Jar of Sake, effectively scooping it in mid-air. Amurca went in with a splash, but jubei made sure not to spill a drop, though his drink was now spoiled. He placed the Jar ontop a table and took one step away. He stood at the ready, but did not draw his sword. At least not yet."Who's creature is this?" he demanded in a loud and firm voice. He never took his eyes off the Jar as he addressed the tavern patrons. It was an ill advised move, to say the least.

Chu'ra was glad no one could hear her at the moment, as she laughed heartly.

Tag: Amurca in jar, those in tavern

19. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Amurca IC:

Amurca would of blinked in surprise if he had eyes and knew how, but for the moment it was just an odd feeling for him to suddenly find himself in the jar of sake with the something demanding "Whose creature is this?"

Amurca slowly slid out of the jar and onto the bar top, keeping a watch on this something he/she wanted a part from. Needed in fact. Amurca wished to be whole, so Amurca would get the part Amurca desired. Though it would seem to be more difficult then first thought.

"Creature?" Amurca thought about this word for a moment then decided it was like what he had used the word 'something' for. Amurca silently decided to use 'creature' instead from now on...sounded more correct for some unknown reason.

"Amurca is Amurca's creature," he stated a little confused in response to Jubei, "now stay s-still. I must get a part!"

With that, Amurca leapt at him once more.

Tag: Jubei, everyone watching

20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Nameless Tavern

Wandering Swordsman

Jubei maintained a casual manner, even after his gem began to emit a soft and warm glow which was obstructed by the bit of armour protecting his hand. He noticed how the sensation increased after the bird's arrival. Jubei watched them, casually, but carefully, as the bird, the dog and the ooze drew within each other's proximity. Their behaviour seemed unsual to him, but nothing to cause alarm. This went on for several moments as Jubei watched. The swordman's keen eyes saw Amurca move towards him, but pretended not to notice.

Suddenly and without warning, Amurca leapt towards Jubei, but the swordsman was ready.

In one swift motion, Jubei intercepted the leaping ooze with his Jar of Sake, effectively scooping it in mid-air. Amurca went in with a splash, but jubei made sure not to spill a drop, though his drink was now spoiled. He placed the Jar ontop a table and took one step away. He stood at the ready, but did not draw his sword. At least not yet.

"Who's creature is this?" he demanded in a loud and firm voice. He never took his eyes off the Jar as he addressed the tavern patrons.

No one answered, which was almost to be expected. However, much to the swordsman's irritation, the ooze clambered out of jar of now spoiled sake. Jubei cursed under his breath. He'd paid good money for his right to enjoy a good drink, and now this thing was about to get on his very last nerve.

Jubei slowly brought his blade overhead and declared sternly at the ooze.

"If you attack me again, I shall defend myself!"

His eyes narrowed dangerously as the ooze continued to move. Apparently it did not understand verbal communication, and it's instincs must have been dulled by the sake. Jubei focused as he began to exhale ever so slowly. He didn't have to be told what the creature intended to do, even a blind mind could see it.

Suddenly, the ooze leapt at the bladed warrior. The thing was certainly fast, but it was no match for a master of the way. With lightning fast motions, Jubei kicked a wooden stool straight into the ooze's path in order to intercept it. His foot then came down like thunder and hit the ground, causing a powerful impact that stirred dust all around, but his sword strike was faster than the normal eye could follow. Jubei's katana blade slashed through the airborne wooden stool, effortlessly cleaving it in two. His keen senses would reveal to him if the leaping ooze had suffered a similar fate or not. If it managed to escape, it would not take Jubei unawares.

Tag: Ooze, taver peoples :p

21. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Chu'ra / Dog - Nameless Tavern

The Dog watched it all, as the ooze attacke the swordsman, not once, but twice. Silly thing. The warrior then made the movie to slice the thing in two.

All the while, the dog barked like mad, moving away, and moving around the area. It stayed well away from both of them. The bird above, had grown quiet as well. Good. Suddenly, the dog turned, and took off, leaving the bar. It headed out the door, and dissapeared from the area.

Chu'ra laughed softly.

This was too good to pass up on. And it had nothing to do with the two magical things that had entered the bar. She was more interested in the beings within it. A barmaid who dosent seem preturbed when this ooze comes to life. A swordsman who is much more than he seems. And then, there was the strange man who had fed 'Dog'...

So, it was not long after the man had movied to slice the ooze creature known as Amurca, that a strange woman walked into the inn. She had dark skin, and long black hair that was partial pulled upwards, in a series of long braids. Her clothing was mostly covered by a long robe, and the smell of perfume, and small trinkets that jingled softly as she walked. A small dagger could be seen, peeking out from under her robes, as she moved, walking softly, not making a sounds.

A short walking stick was in one hand, with all types of small totems hanging from it, and a dog..very similar to the one that had been in the bar, accompanied her as she walked in.

She stopped, and scanned the bar quietly, looking down towards the ooze, and then looking up towards the bird quietly nestled in the lofts. She gave a long dark gaze, before she moved to the bar.

"Is this a private party?" she asked laughing, her voice held a accent not familiar to the region, as she leaned over towards the bartender, her eyes scanning the drinks. She pointed out towards one of them, and then turned her attentions back towards the main bar.

Tag: Tavern peoples

22. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Amurca IC:

Amurca missed its second attack on this swordsman. Amurca was also becoming irritated about it as well. Part of his ooze body, the part that should have been seperated from his body, but wasn't...had turned red. But Amurca took no notice, though he felt a little funny. Amurca didn't enjoy the funny feeling at all either, not at all...wonder why he called it funny then? Oh well.

Amurca sensed another creature enter the tavern and begin talking, he ignored it for the moment. He was busy.

Amurca lunged one last time at the something that was known as Jubei, pouring all of his new speed toward it. He just wanted to copy the something, not like it would kill it. Wouldn't even hurt it, why didn't it know that? Weird somethings.

Amurca flew through the air and if he got the part he wanted from Jubei...only the swordsman's speed would tell.

Tag: Jubei and everyone else

23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Nameless Tavern

"Jubei ":The Wandering Swordsman

Within moments, the cloud of dust cleared, but Jubei didn't need his eyes to see that the stool had been neatly cut in two. However, he was a bit surprised to see that the ooze had managed to avoid his helmet splitter, then again, he wasn't really trying to kill it, but just scare it away. To his irritation, that plan didn't seem to be working as he noticed the ooze taking up position to attack him again.

Jubei snorted, clearly unamused. This...ooze-thing did not appear to be malicious or dangerous for that matter, but the wandering warrior was not the trusting type...not even a little. Everyone knew that appearances could be deceiving, especially in this Age of Intrigue. As he took a ready stance, Jubei formulated a plan as to how he would end this increasingly embarrassing confrontation. Hmmm...Perhaps he would freeze it with a mystical seal, but that would probably prove to be too much. He simply found it hard to believe that he was actually squaring off against a glob of muck. If he had actually drunk enough sake, he would have been laughing at himself.

In the moments that followed, several things happened. Jubei's eyes shifted slightly as an alluring newcomer entered the Tavern. "Is this a private party?" she asked, amused. Jubei registered the dark skinned woman's presence, and in that instant knew what was to follow. Jubei was 'almost' amused by such a text book attack carried out by the ooze, which leapt at jubei in the moment of 'distraction'. However, Jubei was already in motion.

The blade warrior smoothly pivoted out of the line of attack with almost blinding speed as he used a powerful arm to shove an already drunk patron at the incoming ooze. The swordsman was most interested in seeing what would happen after the ooze and the patron collided. Perhaps then he'd learn more about the mysterious ambulant glob.

Jubi held his sword at the ready as he watched the results of his handiwork, and without turning, he addressed himself to the nubian woman.

"Welcome. By the way, is this thing yours?"

He really didn't think it was, but the sharpness he noticed in her eyes bespoke of a very intelligent and knowlegable mind. He didn't expect her to just reveal much to him at first, assuming she possessed any knowledge about this...thing, but by the same token, she sounded just as foreign as he did, and was by his standards, the meant he could possibly make an 'ally'.

Tag: Elu, HP, tavern peeps.

24. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Chu'ra and Dog - Nameless Tavern

"Is this a private party?" Chu'ra asked, amused. It was all rather amusing to watch. It seemed that Amurca desperately wanted something from the warrior. Perhaps his cunning? He already had great speed. The warrior was quick however. The warrior smoothly pivoted out of the line of attack with almost blinding speed as he used a powerful arm to shove an already drunk patron at the incoming ooze. Eww. What a nasty thing to wake up to, she mused, as she laughed softly.

Jubi held his sword at the ready as he watched the results of his handiwork, and without turning, he addressed himself to the nubian woman.

"Welcome. By the way, is this thing yours?"

Her laughter filled the tarvern. "Hardly." she replied, as she walked around, to get a view of the blob. As she did, she thought towards the creature.

//'Amurca. What are you doing? Wait. Bide your time.'//

"Thought, I could possibly help...not that you look like you need any." she continued to say, as she moved over towards the bartender. A drink would be nice at the moment.

The dog laid down, back where it had been eariler, and watched the preceedings, as if amused.

Tag: Elu, GreyJedi, tavern folks.

25. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Amurca IC:

Amurca felt himself collide not with the swordsman named Jubei but some random patron, nothing seemingly out of the ordinary, but Amurca acquired a part he needed. But not quite one that he wanted and with his only time to be able to do this...he rejected it. A flash of light appeared from his body and was gone a second later.

"Amurca think that someth...I mean, creature is yucky. Amurca want better I think."
    he thought spoke.

He got ready to lunge one final time at the creature known as Jubei but heard a warning in his "head" from that Chu'ra thing. Bide his time? W-wait?

Amurca didn't feel like waiting, he was impatient, but why not see why this Chu'ra say that. So he waited and went sliding up a table to the top to watch everything instead.

Tag: Chu'ra, Jubei

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.