main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Un question....

Discussion in 'Communications' started by RidingMyCarousel, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    Perhaps you would like to ask Quix about this.

If you go back a few pages, I asked him why he doesn't just ban me from the entire forum, and he says that when I am not talking about the posters, I bring up valid reasoning for why TPM is the way it is.

He says that the notes he and other moderators of TPM forums have written about me allow him to treat me in any way he likes, and that the other moderators would go along with it without question.

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Alright, let's you and me go into this wicked TPM thread and post. So long as your behavior is within the TOS, then it's all good. Come on, let's go.

3. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    I would prefer to hear that from Quix first.

4. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Besides, that's just one thread. What about the Gusher's paradise?

Surely you're not some "true neutral" aligned fan and trolled the gusher's paradise as well?

Edit: Sapient, your new nickname is now "Ricky Lindemann." ;)

5. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    You're hearing it from me. As long as you can post in a civil manner, on-topic, and responsibly who are we to tell you where you can and cannot post?

6. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    Apparently, I was just welcomed back to the DF in this thread by Strilo yesterday.

Here is what Quix said about me posting in the BS earlier in this thread.

[b]Go-Mer:[/b] Well can I come into the thread if I don't do that?

[b]Quixotic-Sith[/b] No, Go-Mer. We tried that in the past on more than one occasion, and you fell back into your old posting habits of discussing the posters and not the films. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.[hr][/blockquote]Then later...[blockquote][hr][b]Go-Mer:[/b] So now we are at a point where I can't post there even if it isn't "trolling"?

[b]Quixotic-Sith:[/b] Your behavior made it necessary. Because of the things you posted about your fellow TF.N members, you were disinvited from that thread. Because of your persistence in posting in a particular manner with particular reference to qualities of your fellow TF.N members, you were banned.

[b]Go-Mer:[/b] So it is an exclusive club.

[b]Quixotic-Sith:[/b] Much in the same manner that TF.N is an exclusive club for people who do not spam, flame, flame-bait, or troll. You and strilo both enjoy many aspects of the films; the difference is that he has demonstrated a history of sharing his opinion with respect for others' viewpoints.[hr][/blockquote]

7. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Well, what he's saying is what I said and that is you need to post on-topic, responsibly, and within the TOS. It is not a means of targeting someone and it is totally unrelated to the thread. It's all about Quix moderating a behavior and not your opinion.

8. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    Look at the part where I aksed him if I could post there if I didn't "troll".

He said that I simply couldn't post there anymore, because I was "disinvited".

9. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Hmmmmm, I hadn't seen that the first time through.

10. slavegirl

slavegirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Go-Mer, if there's a subject in the Basher's Sanctuary you want to discuss, why don't you start a new thread about it?

11. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    Becuase the discussion is already happening in the BS.

What's the difference between me posting about that topic in another thread and me posting my opinion about it in the BS?

In my opinion, threads about the specific topics are where the conversation should be in the first place.

12. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Your feelings on this matter are clear, Go-Mer.

13. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    I can't be the only one who sees how destructive and uneccesary the continuation of the basher/gusher mentallity is.

14. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    At this point, it appears we're merely spinning our wheels and not moving forward. I have learned a great deal since the advent of this thread about the whole picture and so long as the users in those threads are acting responsibly and within the TOS, then there's no issue. I trust the judgment of the mods of the TPM forum and all the forums for that matter. If this continues to be a major issue, please do not hesitate to contact me immediately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.