main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Undercover Operations (a pre-ESB H/L story)--Author Notes and a Request for Help! July 1st

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by QueenOfAces, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amelia

Amelia Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2005
    What a lovely post. I love that Leia is beginning to little by little remember what happened. *sigh* So lovely. I'm also going to have to put myself on the PM list, I can't resist. :)

Amelia

2. DancinSolo

DancinSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    aw what a lovely and romantic post! i loved it it was great [face_love] hehehe cant wait for more

3. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Western Massachusetts, now we are back in the low 70's. much more to my liking. Along with this story!! Can't wait for more!

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, I did.

5. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Post-I'm sorry to see this story end!

6. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Okay, I'm coherent and ready to reply to this now!

Quote of the century: ?What would my pirate be without his buried treasure?? Watching her as she left, he whispered in response, ?Alone.?

Oh, I'll be back, once I'm past how adorable Solo is in this post. [:D]

The penultimate chapter was fantastic, QoA. Lovely reintegration of the waterfalls and a more physical tie (or at least geographical tie [face_laugh] ) back to the first encounters. Kind of like an anniversary flashback. You've got a good mix of Han's spacer persona and nice guy reality in your writing, it's very refreshing to see him in different lights sometimes.

And I want a Han Solo. Now. Give him to me.

Beautiful work, as always! Thank you!

*KR*

7. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    :) YES! I'm finally finished with this story! :)

Before I post the conclusion, I'd like to leave you with some fun facts about Undercover Operations:

Date begun: February 10, 2002

Date first posted: July 20, 2003

Date completed: June 18, 2005

Pages (in Word): 212

Revisions: 455

Writing time: 30, 500 minutes (508.33 hours!!!!)

Words: 86, 002

First Poster: LadyPadme

Most Frequent Poster: GreatOne

Most Dangerous Poster: RogueSticks (1 kidnapping, 1 hijacking, numerous public threats)

Official Award Nominations: 2004 JC Summer Fanfiction Awards: Best Romance

Nominated, but not qualified: 2003 Winter Awards: Best Saga Story; 2005 Summer Awards: Best Romance

Thank you all so much for reading! A complete reader list and thank-you notes will be posted when I return from California at the end of the month!

[b]Undercover Operations, The Conclusion[/b]

Much later in the afternoon, Han and Leia made their way back down the hiking trail. This time, however, their luck was much better than it had been on Ord Mantell. No bounty hunter greeted them on the way back, and their air car had remained right where they had left it.

After loading their packs in the storage compartment, Han joined Leia in the car, programmed the navicomputer, and selected some romantic music for their journey back to the cottage. Noticing that his wife seemed to be in some discomfort, Han asked, ?Are your legs sore??

Smiling at his powers of observation, Leia replied, ?I guess I?m not used to that kind of activity.?

Patting his lap, he said, ?Put your legs up here, and Doctor Han?ll take care of you.?

?Mmm?sounds nice,? she murmured, complying with his request.

As his hands worked their magic, Leia moaned softly. [i]He really should get an honorary degree for this.[/i] Between the music and the massage, she was becoming a bit too relaxed. Hoping to satisfy her curiosity and keep herself awake, she asked, ?So what happened after??

?Huh?? he asked, clearly not understanding her meaning.

?What happened after the bounty hunter died?? she clarified. ?I know we ran into some Imperials and I was shot in escaping, but what happened between us??

?You still don?t remember, huh??

?Not yet.?

?Well, we made it back to town without any problem, but when we got there, the place was crawling with Imps. I asked around to find out what the deal was. As it turned out, they were having some kind of convention in [i]our[/i] hotel.?

?What are the odds of that happening?? she wondered aloud.

?It wasn?t a coincidence. Malady knew that they would be there.?

?What?? she asked, opening her eyes and sitting up quickly. ?Why would he send us there??

?You don?t know, do you?? When she shook her head in the negative, he continued, ?Apparently, that krethin? scum thought you were on to his drug running scheme. He wanted to get rid of you. Me going along was just a bonus.?

?Why did he think I knew about his plans??

?You remember that day he tried to hit on you??

?[i]That[/i] I remember.? Smiling sweetly, she added, ?You came to my rescue, as I recall.?

Mustering up his best smuggler?s bravado, he crowed, ?That?s two you owe me, Sweetheart.?

?Two!? she said, incredulous. ?Have you forgotten about Jabba?s or?.?

Holding his hands up in submission, Han said quickly, ?You?re right, you?re right. I just love to see you get all feisty.?

?I?ll bet you do,? she countered, struggling to keep her glare in place. She wanted to know more about Malad?s scheme, but she?d always been curious about why Han had defended her that day. ?What were you doing there anyway??

?The truth??

?The truth would be nice, yes.?

?I?d heard there was some big mission in the works for the next month. I wanted to see if I could get you to let me come along.?

?Making excus

8. Melodious

Melodious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Extended scenes! if ti wasn't against rules to 'shout' than this would be competely bolded!

So for the scenes that I would like to see extended...i love them all, but you could always add on to the end...like an epilogue! as to which ones you'd actually update, i'm just not sure what are my favourites, so i'll probly re -read!! what a great excuse to do this!

Mel

9. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

I'd have to agree with Melodious on this one, an epilouge would be wonderful. Maybe something wih the kids or Leia pregnant with them. Ah well as long as there is mush I'm happy!!! [face_love]

As I said before it's sad to see this go . . . but thanks for giving us a story to remember!

[face_good_luck]

10. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    Good morning all! I'm about ready to head out to the airport, but I wanted to send a nice thank you out to all of my readers.

I'll see you on July 1st!

11. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Hope you have (had if you read this after you get back) a WONDERFUL trip! And I look forward to those 'extended' scenes! :D :D :D

THANK YOU FOR THIS FANTASTIC STORY, QueenOfAces! You are a super writer, and you write Han and Leia the best!

12. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    This is the end... my only friend... the end.

I'm sad. This has been going on for such a long period of time that it's like graduating from high school all over again. Ahh the memories, the dances, the fisticuffs in the hallways, the senior pranks.... I'll miss it all.

One more prank for old time's sake:

*turns the water in the pool orange*

It was such fun, a great story to read. Mad props to you Boo for keeping this up even under duress. [face_devil] Have a grand time out here in my sunny state of Cali and if you get anywhere near Santa Barbara, you have to look me up. I'll show you the best sandwich shop this side of the Mississippi.

Just because I wanted to use this face: [face_cow] COW!

13. DancinSolo

DancinSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    amazing story!! i loved it and i am so sad to se it over! but i agree that an eppie would be cool and i like the idea of leia preggers or with the whole kids thing. thanks again for an amazing story!

14. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    ALAS!! the end is here!!!

GREAT fic.. fantastic plot, excellent characterizations , etc
    I enjoyed the fic since minute 1 that I joined...
    congratulations Queenie! One more concluded fic thats goes into the list of excellent H/L fics!

great job

DM

15. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Aww, this is all over now. I will miss this story. :_| Fantastic job, QofA! I loved every minute of it, even when RogueSticks hijacked the thread.

I think the PMs should be from the final two installments. Sometimes, show is definitely better than tell! ;)

Please, please write more stories! There's not much H/L out there right now, and I appreciate every bit of it that I can get. [face_praying]

I hope you're enjoying your seminar!

Will you be archiving this story? I hope so....

16. danish_head

danish_head Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2004
    bravo!!!

thank you for the marvelous story! a wonderful ending to a wonderful story!!

have fun in california!

17. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    =D= [face_dancing]

Thank you for a beautiful and wonderful story. I've got my Han and Leia fix for the week. And thanks for seeing it through.

:D

18. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    A wonderful end to a wonderful story! =D=

Kat

19. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    A very excellent story, QueenofAces! I look forward to re-reading it lots (and to your next work too - no pressure or anything ... :D ).

20. HanSolosGal

HanSolosGal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    It's over...it's over? No...it isn't over. Wait, yea it is...it's over?

*teenage hormones all confused*

I really don't no if I am supposed to be sad, or proud, or joyful, or something...meh. Emotions that fanfiction brings up on you suck, :p. BUT I LOVE THIS STORY. I seriously feel like crying, lol, and I never cry. Evil apprentices aren't supposed to.:p This was the first fic, and LP's fic, that REALLY go tme outta my young lurkdom. Here is where I decided that I just HAD to be Sticks' evil apprentice. Here is where we laughed, we cryed, we cheered, and we got totally frustrated at all the UST. [face_frustrated] :p But then you rewarded us with nice-um- make-ups? lol

Gods I love this story. Dammit. Now Im angry, but happy! HORMONES TOTALLY BLOW. :p Or maybe the feeling I have aren't from hormones, just a story that is so completely fabulous that it could blow anyones mind away. I love you Queenie! *huggs* And I can't wait 'till your next fic! *starts twiddling thumbs*

*reads what she wrote* Wow, I am WAY too mushy for an evil padawan, :p

21. YouCouldUseAGoodKiss

YouCouldUseAGoodKiss Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    Just spent the last 4 days reading this story, and all I can say is OMG! It was so wonderful. So well thought out and beautifully written. It's so funny, I'm a teacher too, and I nievely thought that I was the only teacher out there that was a Han/Leia fanatic. The one thing that I loved the most about this story is the way you incorporated the "I KNOW". That is just so beautiful, he really did know that she loved him because she had already told him. It's so weird to think of those old scenes in such a new light. Brillant! You should be very proud of yourself. This is definititley one of the best fanfics I have ever read. Congrats!

22. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    good job
    enjoyed this whole story

23. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    No! That's not true! That's impossible! This story can't be finished! *hyperventilates* You just HAVE to write an epilogue with Leia pregnant or something!!!

*calms down* That said, I loved the conclusion to your story, and I'm really looking forward to the PMs and/or extended scenes. I'm not sure what scenes I would want extended, but I'm sure anything would be wonderful. I'm so happy that Leia finally got her memory back, and that Han and Leia were able to engage in "undercover operations." And it's true - Han really is a nice man.

I hope you're enjoying it in Nor Cal, and I think it might be necessary for you to come here to P-town to comfort me in my severe duress over the end of your fantastic story. I come home from Europe to see that my favorite story has ended. *shakes head* You'd better bring me back a souvenir! Wait...nevermind. That would be weird. Well, at any rate, have a great time!!! Enjoy the fog!

24. Webogirl

Webogirl Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    Oh, yes. I had to do a little backtracking, but it was so worth the time. You wrote this story beautifully. The ending was so tender and yes, I did get all gooey inside.

Plus, I am looking forward to the PM!! (hint, hint)

25. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    This was such a good story, I had to bump it. So....

***BUMP!!!***

So sue me!

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.