main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Sith_Lord_Linkoping, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
  2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Another one? Weren't the first two punishment enough?

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Looks good, at least as good as the first two. Though, did they really have to use that one Manson song so soon after Max Payne's trailers did?

4. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I like the Underworld series if only for its somewhat interesting mythology. I'll probably go and see this just to round out the entire trilogy.

5. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Trilogy? I thought I saw a 4th one in production.

Personally, they can keep pumping them out as much as they want, but I'll not be wasting my time or $ on them.

6. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    I've deliberately been avoiding the two first film so I think I'll pass on this one too.

7. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    In the second movie, continuity errors galore are almost funnier that the lusty pashion scene in which the guy is closer to the girl's navel than to, um... Maybe the director needs an anatomy lesson?

I can only imagine that the target audience is a bunch of teenyboppers or early 20s goth wannabees who are still impressed with nipple shots and have delusions of being "bad" when they're just naughty at worst.
    Movie plays like a bad video game. Trying to combine TombRaider with Vampires.

8. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I just thought they were dumb escapist takes on the traditional Vampire/Werewolf phenomenon. I found the movies enjoyable. I don't think I'd ever buy them but they weren't awful entertainment.

9. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    The first movie was much better than I thought it was going to be, and would have been better if it hadn't tried to emulate the Matrix's style so much. That's part of what gives me hope for this one: the coolest part of the second movie was the medieval part, and it looks like this whole film lives there, safe from bullets and leather coats.

10. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I'm just glad Michael Sheen and Kevin Grevioux will be back. There weren't enough, you know "rational" werewolves in the second one. They were all mindless, unchanging dogs. So it'll be nice to get to that.

11. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Underworld - Kate Beckinsale = No Reason To Watch

12. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    The first one was so bad it was good.

This one looks even worse :D

13. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    QFFT

14. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

The first one wasn't too bad, and it had a fantastic poster. I don't regret paying the $8.00 or whatever the cost of a ticket was at the time. I didn't see the second one - the first wasn't good enough to make me want to see the second. The third? Eh. Definitely a pass.

15. The2ndRest-in-Peace

The2ndRest-in-Peace Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2002
    I recall the second one being better in some respects- no strange delayed-reaction-head-bisection moment, IIRC. And Viktor (or whomever it was who woke up) was a worthy villian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.