main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Unofficial STAR WARS day at Disneyland! 6.25.2005

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Hmmmm how can people quit their jobs down at disneyland??? they always look so happy.

2. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    So this is crap. It seriously looks like we may have to cancel. Someone hit our car some time this weekend. We only noticed it on Monday night. The good news is that there is no body damage from what I can tell, but the paint has been scratched down to the metal in several large areas. I'm turning the car in today, I don't know how long it'll take to have repaired so we're down that car. Because it's a "hit and run" they have no one to go after for the cost so we have to pay our deductible, which isn't a huge amount thankfully, but it's enough considering we are going to have a lot of outgoing with con and if we were to go to Disneyland. So Disneyland may have to be scrapped.
    I am so angry :mad: This was supposed to be my Mother's day present(yes..it's late, the promise was made on time ;) )

3. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    [face_plain] That really really bites.... I'm sorry that happened to you.

4. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I'd like to go, but I need a ride. And I don't want to leave at 5am. :p

5. swguru2004

Nov 17, 2003
    JK JK... I should sace the extra money so that I can actually eat during the day...[face_worried]

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    That sucks Kat. :(

Hey! Are we going to have a group shot, besides the fanforce one? I know LA and Orange County are planning their own. So, if we want one, do we want to do it right after the giant shot?

7. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Ugh, that sucks, Katrina! May karma provide sufficient payback for whoever damaged your car.

Okay, I need to know how I would be able to get the So Cal resident discount...can I get it at the ticket booth or would I have to buy it elsewhere in advance?

Brian, I might be able to give you a ride...I plan on leaving my house no later than 8 a.m. to get to the Mouse House by 9:30. I plan on going home after the group pics, but I am willing to negotiate ;). PM me if you are interested.

--MissPadme

8. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Thanks! The update is...went over today, they won't take the car until the one missing part comes in. So the apt is 5 July. 3-5 business days leaves us squeeking in time for con! Worse case if it takes 5 days we get it the 12th. Let's hope there is no delay in the part coming in (a piece of grill is missing)
    This means we have the car this weekend...but money is a question...and today both boys have runny noses to top it all off.
    Someone hates me and doesn't want me to go to Disneyland, I'm sure of it :(

9. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    You have not said anything bad about disneyland recently???I think mr walt disney himself is stopping you from going.

10. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Walt Disney is my hero so I can say no wrong about him. You don't think my reason for wanting to go and wanting annual passes is for the kids is it?

Michael Eisner on the other hand :mad:
    But even Roy Disney does not like him so I think it's safe ;)

11. AugieBenDoggie

AugieBenDoggie Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2003
    Sorry about the car, Kat. I hope you guys get the whole thing settled by Con.

Well, I just found out that I can go! (My schedule for the last few weeks has been hellish- mostly evening and overnight shifts, you know.)

I do have a car, and can drive myself if needed, but I'd like to carpool with someone. (I'll gladly help out with gas.) If necessary I'll drive someone.

12. BBQMASTER

BBQMASTER Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Anyone going up Friday? Do you want to meet for dinner or check out Downtown Disney?

13. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Just read about the car, Kat. I'm sorry you have to go through with that. Hopefully we will get to see you there afterall.

((Man I NEED this soooo badly)):cool:

14. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    I'm tempted to say it's only debt and go. :p
    But if the kids are sick then it won't be any fun. They've had stuffy/runny noses since yesterday afternoon.

15. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Poor guys.. I know how miserable colds can be for us big kids, let alone younglings. Will send positive thoughts your way, but if you can't make it..its understood. [:D]

16. MissPadme

Jul 9, 1998
    More dumb questions...what time does the park open and approximately what time is everyone planning on showing up?

--MissPadme

17. FLY_JEDI

FLY_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    Check Jeremy's (ManaByte) post above for all info!

18. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    I'll be there about the time the gates open at 8:00 and then leave when they close at midnight. :D

19. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    ManaByte posted on 6/24/05 11:38am
    I'll be there about the time the gates open at 8:00 and then leave when they close at midnight. [face_grin]

[hr][/blockquote]

Me too apparently. :p

20. swguru2004

Nov 17, 2003
  21. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm gonna try to get there as close to 8 as possible.

Oye! People I'm chilling with: Where we meeting up??

22. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes, WHERE are we meeting up? I suggest meeting up by the big C A L I F O R N I A sign.

23. MissPadme

Jul 9, 1998
    I'm okay with meeting you all by the sign around 8 a.m. (I hope I can find it...my last trip to Mouse House West was in 1998).

--MissPadme

24. benkenobisan

benkenobisan Jedi Master star 1

May 17, 2005
    Whoa: 1998!!!

Alot has changed since then. You'll be shocked at how much money Disney blew in foliage alone to spruce up the surrounding Anaheim area.

25. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I downloaded the first mickey mouse cartoon "steamboat willie" the other day thats a good cartoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.