main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unrealized Reality (Obi/Qui/Xani JA fic)~~IMPORTANT NOTE 2/27

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by freak-pudding, Dec 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freak-pudding

freak-pudding Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2002
    Hello all! ::waves:: This is my first fic on TF.net boards, so be gentle! ;) j/k

First off, there are a few thank-yous in order. Thanks to shanobi for starting The Plot Bunnies Thread. it has inspired me a great deal! Thanks to all of the crazy JA fanatics at the JAFD Forum. You guys make me laugh! Thank you to Vanilla Coke & Goldfish Crackers. Every writer needs their fuel.

This story was inspired by a plot bunny from [b]obaona[/b].

[b]Summary: [/b]The saying goes "Curiosity killed the cat" and it's true. While curiosity didn't kill Obi-Wan, it certainly did get him into a lot of trouble. Now, Obi-Wan is lost and alone in a place that seems just like home. The only problem is that no one wants him there.

[hr]

[u]Unrealized Reality-Preview[/u]

Obi-Wan stumbled backwards, clutching his arm while trying to block their blows. Xanatos knocked his lightsaber away and kicked Obi-Wan squarely in the chest. The younger boy landed on his back painfully. Qui-Gon rushed up to cover Xanatos? flank. The boy pushed himself away from the pair until he was backed against the wall. Rain drummed down on the permacrete as the two Jedi closed in on their enemy. Xanatos was first with his red saber, followed by Qui-Gon.

Obi-Wan thrust his leg upward, shoving Xanatos back, and tried vainly to get to his feet. Qui-Gon kicked him in the knee, sending him sprawling backward painfully into the wall. His pushed himself up to a sitting position, Qui-Gon?s green blade at his throat.

?What are you waiting for?? Obi-Wan looked at the lightsaber and then back up at Qui-Gon. ?Do it.?

Xanatos skidded to a stop a few steps away, looking uncertainly between his Master and his enemy. Qui-Gon held the blade steadily.

?No one else is here,? Obi-Wan continued, staring stonily into Qui-Gon?s eyes. ?There?s nothing but me, you, him, and the rain. So go ahead. Do it.?

Qui-Gon said nothing.

?You want me dead,? Obi-Wan slowly pushed himself higher up, still clutching his arm, as the blade followed his neck. ?So kill me. You want your revenge, then get it. Xanatos will never tell. He loves you too much.?

Leaning heavily against the wall, Obi-Wan finally stood, coming face-to-face with his former Master. His breathing was sharp, coming out in gasps almost. Blood oozed out from under his hand, soaking into his tunic.

?I?m here,? his voice shook slightly from cold & pain. ?I?m here, I?m unarmed, and I?m wounded. Is this not good enough??

?You?ll probably run again like you did before,? Qui-Gon replied coldly, speaking for the first time since the fight began. ?Like a coward. You never would face me.?

?I?m not that person!? Obi-Wan cried. ?But you won?t believe me. So take your revenge.?

?I do not want revenge,? Qui-Gon shook his head. ?I want justice. Justice for everyone you?ve killed and everyone you?ve hurt.?

?Including you,? Obi-Wan said softly.

Qui-Gon didn?t answer.

?If it?s justice you want, then take it!? Obi-Wan sighed exasperatedly. ?Just finish it all ready!?

?Master, don?t,? Xanatos put a hand on Qui-Gon?s arm. ?Maybe he?s telling the truth.?

?I [i]am [/i]telling the truth,? Obi-Wan shot Xanatos a look of gratitude. ?Please, you have to believe me. I?m not from this universe. Please, listen. Somewhere to the right of the Tarchi Maze is [i]my [/i]home. [i]My [/i]universe. And if you kill me, just know that somewhere out there, in another life, if you will, another Qui-Gon Jinn will weep bitterly over the loss of his Padawan. Please, you have to believe me. I?m not who you think I am.?

Nothing moved for several moments. It seemed that even the rain stopped falling. Everything was frozen as Obi-Wan pleadingly searched Qui-Gon?s eyes.

Suddenly, Qui-Gon swung his lightsaber up, holding it high above his head. Obi-Wan felt a tear fall down his cheek and mix with the raindrops as he bowed his head, waiting for the final blo

2. JediBlue

JediBlue Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2002
    This sounds interesting. Can't wait for more!

:D :D

-Blue-

3. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *is giggling madly*

Oh my . . . I saw my name up there and I just thought, WHAT? [face_laugh] ;)

For those that are curious, the plot bunny this was inspired from made it to the net in another place, written by vader_incarnate and myself. It's called The Water's Edge.

That said, on with the story! I can't wait to see where you take this. :)

*runs off and giggles* :)

4. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    *waves* Yes, that's me she's talking about. :p But - yes, lovely story. :) You're actually farther along in it that we are, I believe. ;) We've started it post-E3, though, so there's plenty of room for movement. I really want to see where you go with this, as oba dearest said. :D

5. JediBlue

JediBlue Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2002
  6. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    That was rather good. An interesting application of the line, similar, but definately well placed. ;) Also a most intriguing start. Kept people guessing as to who was fighting who and why. I know I'm definately interested in what's to come. :D

Keep up the good work. :D

::Sits back to wait for the next post.::

7. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    JAFD! JAFD! JAFD! ::stops slowly as people start stareing:: Anyway...

It's frightening what vanilla coke and goldfish can bring on. I'm more a pepsi and Cheese nips person myself but eh.

That was good! I can't wait for more! Saturday seems so far off from now.

Felicia Z.

8. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    ANYONE HERE? *hears echoes...*

... HERE?

... Here?

... here?

:p

9. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Once more, I'm amazed with your gifts. This is extremely well begun - and absolutely gripping.

I'll look forward to seeing where you take it.

CYN

10. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    woah, I like.... no wait I LOVE it.

that was really well written

please more soon.

11. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Ditto to what everyone else has said!

12. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    I must UP my brilliant Padawan's stories!!!!

Up!

Up!

Up!

:D :D :D :D :D

13. OBI_JEDI

Oct 15, 2001
  14. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    Love the start of this story. Please post more.

15. Dagobah_Y

Dagobah_Y Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Great start!

16. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Hmm... (drums fingers together) Intriguing.

This was a wonderful start. Great details, convincing characterization. I love it already. [face_love]

More would be appreciated. ;)

17. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    I feel the Force urging me to UP my Padawan's stories!

So,

Up!

Up!

Up!

:D :D :D

18. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    JediBlue: why, thank you!

obaona: thanx! stop giggling, you're scaring the children! ~_^

vader_incarnate: oh, i'm not that far at all! but thanx!

Arldetta: thank you! i will with you as my Master!

FELICIA_ZEZILI: lol! Pepsi & Cheese Nips rawk! ^_^ thank you! but don't tell anyone, *whisper*i forgot about Saturday*whisper* [face_blush]

CYNICAL21: thank you so much!

OBI_JEDI: thank you! i will!

Jedi_Knight_Hunter: lol! ^_^

Jedi_Borme: thank you! will do.

Dagobah_Y: thanx!

LuvEwan: thank you. it's coming!

all right, before ANYONE says ANYTHING, i do realized that it's not Saturday. in fact, it's Tuesday. but i have an excuse! we're course scheduling this week & i had research to do! sorry, but this is the most i can do right now. kinda sucks. -_- oh, and because i lack creativity, i've stolen many a swear words from the show Farscape.

also, would you guys like me to PM you when i update?
    [hr]

[u]Part 1: Going Right[/u]

?Shuttle, give your clearance codes.?

?Transmitting codes now,? Obi-Wan punched the button and leaned, yawning, against the ship?s console.

His tired gaze floated over the beautiful nebula in front of him. He was just outside of the Tarchi Maze, waiting for his clearance to jump to light speed. He was only a few days away from Coruscant & he couldn?t wait to get home.

A sigh escaped Obi-Wan?s lips as he stretched out, resting his feet up on the console. He leaned back, clamping his hands loosely around the back of his neck and closing his eyes. A feeling of absolute nothingness came over Obi-Wan and he dozed off for a bit.

?Shuttle!?

Obi-Wan was rocked forward from surprise and fell out of his seat. His forehead slammed the console and a stream of unintelligible obscenities coursed irrepressibly from his mouth.

?Shuttle!? the irritated voice came again.

?What?? Obi-Wan held his throbbing skull in one hand and punched the blinking light with the other.

?Here are your clearance codes.? The voice, Obi-Wan noted, was without its usual cheeriness & ?Have a great trip!?

?Yeah, happiness to you to, frellnitz,? Obi-Wan muttered, sitting back down. He crossed his arms, silently staring at the controls of the console. The ships to his left were clearing out of the way so he could make the jump to lightspeed.

Obi-Wan?s eyes drifted over to the Tarchi Maze that floated dreamily just to his right. The Tarchi Maze was the hotspot of paranormal activity in the galaxy. Several thousand ships were rumored to have disappeared into its spiraling depth. Something of that childhood fascination with the unexplained came rushing back to Obi-Wan as his fingers gripped the controls. Master Qui-Gon often discouraged Obi-Wan?s curiosity, since it seemed to lead to difficult situations & awkward questions. The young Apprentice remembered all the too well that incident with Master Windu & the new speeder?

Still, as Obi-Wan thought, it would be nice to do just [i]one [/i]thing against the rules. Just? to not follow orders for one moment. To be able to [i]right [/i]instead of [i]left[/i]. Was that too much?

?Hurry up, kid!? an pushy traveler came over the channel. Annoyed, Obi-Wan ignored him and continued staring.

?Shuttle?? the customs man came back. ?What are you doing??

?Disobeying orders,? Obi-Wan replied as he slowly steered his ship to the right of the Tarchi Maze.

?Don?t be foolish, kid!? the traveler laughed. ?Once you go in, you don?t come back out!?

?Well, that?ll be my problem then, won?t it?? Obi-Wan snapped.

?Shuttle! I order you to stand down! We?re preparing a landing party.?

?Not necessary,? Obi-Wan replied, turning off his comms. The shuttle slowly picked up speed as the glowing cluster grew larger and more beautiful.

Turbulence hit Obi-Wan?s left side hard and he was thrown forward just as a hole in space opened below him and he was swallowed, ship and all.

19. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    ::waving:: Bye Obi-Wan! Have a nice trip! ::mutters:: Ya little schmuck...

And that pretty much sums up my feelings right now. Good job! I'll be wishing and hoping for the next part to be soon! And please do send me a PM when it's updated. I'm a flake when it comes to looking for fics I've been reading so any help would be very much appreciated!

Felicia Z.

20. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
  21. OBI_JEDI

Oct 15, 2001
    ?Shuttle?? the customs man came back. ?What are you doing??

?Disobeying orders,? Obi-Wan replied as he slowly steered his ship to the right of the Tarchi Maze.

LOL I can imagine him doing that aswell

great post more soon please :D

22. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    *sniff* ::wipes tear from eye::

You make me so proud Padawan! :D :D

And now I know we were meant to be 'paired.' Frell anyone else who thinks otherwise. ;)

I'm thinking this is explaining how Obi got to where he was in your preview? I hope school isn't too time consuming. I want to see more. :D

::Goes off hunting for a bumper sticker that says "Proud Master to Jedi Academy Honours Padawan":: :D :D

23. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    *laughs*

*laughs again*

*laughs more*

I can't wait to see where you take this!

24. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    thanx, Master!

well, maybe i should get rid of this...

*peels off bumper sticker that says, "I'm the punk kid who stole your Jedi Honor student's bike for Christmas, moron."*

:D

25. freak-pudding

Dec 29, 2002
    :: drums fingers on desk ::

maybe i should torture you people with an evil cliffe...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.