main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Upcoming movies we all should, and probably want, to go see

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sol_Jedi, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waffllebot

Waffllebot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2007
    I went to Fartlight on Tuesday for the special pre-screening. Turns out they used the Imax screen but nothing was cut out of the film from what I can remember. Seeing Wolverine at the Gruauamn's had its Trek payoff as well.Got to see all of the major stars from Star Trek,simon Pegg,Leonard Nimoy,Eric "wish you were my husband" Bana,and I was given a mounted wall poster from the premiere,and while wating in line,Karl Urban came over and signed my poster,and Chris Kline came over as well. CAn't wait to see it again anywhere,anyplace,any time! It had some holes in it but it had other things that made up for it that they did seem to concentrate on as well,like how they tied in lines and such without making them hokley,and the little back stories they made up along the way.

2. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Just saw Terminator Salvation, and it ROCKED! It was a lot better than I expected and Christian Bale definitely makes a good John Connor. I saw it at the Chinese with my brother there because I had to see that THX trailer. I think I found the theater to go see Transformers because the audio is soooo freakin' awesome!

3. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I was actually kind of disappointed in the movie, probably because I was expecting it to ROCK. It was OK, but, not worth $12 bucks, matinee ticket price of $7-8 maybe.

However, I saw it at City Walk. I followed a friend from Van Nuys & now, the next time our beloved CR suggests we meet at City Walk, finding the place will no longer be a problem. On the other hand, the place is pricey, touristy and noisy & still not my favorite place or anything.

So, Transformers is next, right?

4. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    You have to keep in mind the whole timeline thing. It has to follow through with the after effects of the first 3 movies and develop what was foretold in the previous movies. This is just the beginning anyway of trying to alter the future of the Terminator universe. We'll see if they can actually put out a feasible plot that can actually alter the future and/or answer the whole time/father is younger than you paradox.

And yes, Transformers is next. Another Chinese theater movie, if they show it, or the Arclight because I want my THX!!!

After that it's Harry Potter and then G.I. Joe

5. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I think Harry Potter is going to be shown at IMAX in 3D. That might be something well worth the extra bucks for IMAX, the last one was for me. The other two are movies I definitely want to see, but if we go to a regular theatre, that would be juuuuussstt fine.

6. SoccerRyot

SoccerRyot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2007
    Yeah, Order Of The Phoenix is being promoted with footage for the IMAX, so I will definitely being seeing it on that screen. That said, for opening night, if it's at the Chinese again, I will definitely do a midnight screening for that because that crowd rocks it.

7. Waffllebot

Jul 22, 2007
    Harry Potter and OOTP will be playing at Grauman's. Staff confirmed it to a bunch of us as we were hanging around waiting for X-men.

8. SoccerRyot

Jul 20, 2007
    I totally typed in Order Of The Phoenix, instead of Half Blood Prince didn't it? LOL

9. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    If it is the Chinese will most def be in for a Midnight!!!

Well like SJ Mary and I both enjoyed Terminator S, yes it isn't the original 2 but it had all the right things I was looking for and it is pretty awesome being named after a Good Terminator ala Marcus!!!

Oh anybody having plans for Land of the Lost???

10. Waffllebot

Jul 22, 2007
    and I followed suit. good one Nick!
    Been so long since I've seen the films. I like to let certain movies rest a bit. Think it's time I pull them out again eh?
    I am down to see Land of the Lost. I will try to set my feelings aside and see it with an open mind. sigh!

11. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Land of the Lost is one I might see, but don't expect it to be worth the $12-$18 the nicer theatres charge. So, if I see it, it'll be at a cheapie theatre or on my Netflix queue.

12. SoccerRyot

Jul 20, 2007
    I was just emailing with a pal about Harry Potter HBP and I realized this is four weeks away! Gotta start monitoring for when tix go on sale for the midnight show.

13. SoccerRyot

Jul 20, 2007
  14. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    OK who's in for the Chinese at Midnight????

15. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Is anyone interested in seeing the new Johnny Depp movie "Public Enemies?"

16. SoccerRyot

Jul 20, 2007
    So my sister tells me that she's not coming tonight, which means I have an extra ticket for the midnight screening of HP:HBP . If you know of anyone who might need one, give me a shout.

17. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    You are right...

I thought Terminator: Salvation was fairly good, like in a "yeah, that was entertaining" way, just like you said, $7-8 would be money pretty well spent, but the fact I spent like $11 seeing it? Yeah not so much... BUT I saw it in Portland, OR, and it was the very last showing at that theater, one of the last in the city, and I was the only person there, so I got a private screening. That did go a long ways to making it more worthwhile. I felt the same, though, basically it looked fantastic, it was fun, it had parts I really liked, but the plot overall to me seemed a little on the weak side. It was by no means a bad film, and with McG directing I can't honestly say it was a disappointment, because he's not the best director honestly, but I will say it was just decent summer fun, a solid film but not remarkable.

I agree with you on City Walk too -- it's too noisy and crowded for me. It takes forever to find parking, it's expensive, way too many tourists. It's neat, though, it's just that it's kind of a hassle, like a real production just going there.

18. SoccerRyot

Jul 20, 2007
    Ok, I finally saw Terminator: Salvation and I did enjoy it. I did not have high hopes for McG, but he did an OK job. For the most part everyone in it was pretty good and I liked getting a better look at their lives in the post Judgement Day era.

I totally had forgotten about the T-101 appearance! And I totally freaked! That was awesome!

19. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I saw District 9 for the second time today. It was as amazing as the first. Anyone want to see it as a group?

I also want to see Ponyo, Julie and Julia, Cold Souls, Paper Heart, Inglorious Basterds, Taking Woodstock, Kaminey, and Taxidermia.

20. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    District 9, Inglorious Bastards, Taking Woodstock and I still haven't seen Transformers 2 or Angels & Demons.
    Coming up: Sherlock Holmes, Christmas Carol (in 3D or nothin') and Avatar The Last Airbender. (Guess which one I want to see the most.)

21. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I never saw Angels and Demons, and I really hated Transformers 2. Don't ever make me see that movie again.[face_praying]:p

I'm willing to see Sherlock Holmes and Avatar when they come out though. I'm not really interested in Christmas Carol.

22. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Generally, I really dislike Jim Carey. And I've seen so many versions of the Christmas Carol that another one wouldn't really thrill me. But, I saw the trailer when I went to see "UP" in 3D with some friends. The 3D effects on Christmas Carol promise to be so amazing that it makes the movie worth seeing. That's why I want to see this one in the theatre & in 3D.

I've heard enough mixed reviews about Transformers II to make me glad I didn't waste the extra money to see it at a nice theatre. But, if it's still in the cheapie neighborhood theatre, I will try and see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.