main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Upcoming shows and conventions

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Well,

I'm half way to my goal for making it to this show. lol Anyone else out there thinking or going? Even for a day? Let me know. I'm pretty sure i'm just buying one of the package deals. That way I get one Auto & pic. from everyone that goes to the show. Even if I realy don't care for the person. I can all ways turn around and sell the Auto/pic on ebay and make back some of the money it cost for going to the show. lol

I'm all ways thinking!:-B

SeeYa,
    TK

They did just add one more new person as well. Now it like 68/69? That's pretty good.

2. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Yes they keep adding more and more guests. I dont know how they can do this. Its gonna be a great con for sure. --Billy

3. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello,

Just a reminder that this weekend is the Portsmouth Comic Con at the Holiday Inn. Yes I believe I'll be there. lol Hope to see you all.

Steve... Please let me know if you think you can help out. Thanks

Later,
    TK

THE PORTSMOUTH COMIC BOOK SHOW Debut! ? A Jetpack Comics and Monkey House Entertainment Production!

April 27th ? The Portsmouth Comic Book Show, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.

Holiday Inn of Portsmouth. Just off the Portsmouth Rotary (I-95, Rt 16 & 4, Rt 1 by-pass)

4. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    I have concert in Concord SUnday at 3 and need to be there at 1:00. So, it looks doubtful that I will be able to be at the show. I'll think about coming down early in the morning to help set up a check things out for a bit, but I'll have to let you know.

5. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Thanks Steve.

But it's OK, the show for me is cancelled. I've deside to skip it on Sunday. I'll be doing it a FCBD. I think I'll have a better turn out and a lot MORE people, I hope. :) Plus set up and sells for the day well be FREE! I LOVE that price! lol. So again thanks.

SeeYa,
    TK

6. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    OK Guy's,

Sorry for this being so late... but the BIGGEST Comic Con in the state each year is this week in Manchester. It is on Sunday from I think 10am to 4pm. Below you will find all the info you need. I hope to see some of you there even with the short notice. I'll be there with the 501st. dressed for a couple of hours. So, again I hope you guy's can make it by.

Later,
    TK

Hot on the heels of the release of the summer?s first blockbuster Iron Man comes The Granite State Comicon 2008! Comic fans from all over the region will be flocking to the Center of New Hampshire Radisson in Manchester on May 18th for what should be one of the biggest events in the area!

In addition to the many great dealers that will be on hand sporting their wares there will also be a packed Artist?s Alley featuring many of your local favorites as well as several Guests of Honor including Green Lantern?s Ethan Van Sciver (who will be sketching for FREE so come early!), Final Crisis: Rogue?s Revenge?s Scott Kolins, Incredible Hercules/Mighty Avengers? Khoi Pham, Atomic Robo?s Scott Wegener, X-Men First Class? Nick Dragotta, Annihilation Quasar Inker Bob Almond, DC writer supreme Keith Champagne and a special convention appearance by Locke & Key?s Joe Hill!

Fans attending the Granite State Comicon will also be able to participate in a special Hero Clix tournament for the convention exclusive Purple Pants Fing Fang Foom as well as a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament where the winner will take home a booster box! There will also be video gaming for great prizes, anime screenings, a silent auction and other great events throughout the day! Fans will also have the chance to have their picture taken with their favorite Star Wars characters from the 501st Stormtrooper Legion and Alderaan Base including that space slug Jabba the Hutt! Plus singles looking to make a love connection can do so at the SweetonGeeks.com ?Singles Source Wall?!

The Radisson Center of New Hampshire is located at 700 Elm Street in the heart of downtown Manchester. Admission is just $6, kids under 10 get in FREE! Parking on the mean streets of Manch-vegas is FREE! Everyone that attends will be entered into our hourly raffles for movie passes, Iron Man gift packs, Granitecon bucks and more! The first 100 people through the door get a FREE Granitecon Atomic Robo print suitable for framing! And don?t miss the freebie table with posters, comics, pins and more courtesy of our good friends at DC Comics! The doors open at 10am and stay open until 4pm. For all the latest details visit www.granitecon.com.

7. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweet! sumthin to do on T's B-day!

8. Dizzygrl

Dizzygrl Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2008
    :_| we were all excited to go. I was told I had the day off from work, but then when the sched was finalized I am opening the store. :(

9. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    SUPER MEGGA FEST!!!! THIS HAS TO BE THE BIGGEST EVENT THAT WE HAVE IN OUR BACK DOOR. WE SHOULD TALK ABOUT IT AND SEE IF WE CAN GET TABLE. WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING AS AND FOR THE GROUP. I KNOW ITS LONG WAY OFF BUT THIS GIVES EVERY ONE TIME ! ITS ALOT OF FUN FOR EVERY ONE.

10. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Just breath little pirate boy!

We'll be there. I already have the info and as long as we have enough body's in the building to man the tables we'll be good. I know the 501st. will be there as well. A long with Jet Pack. If the cost is right this year? I may even set up a table this time round? We'll see.

But your right it never to late to start talking about. So mark in down folks it is the weekend before Thanksgiving. It's the same time every year. It will be Saturday and Sunday again. As soon as I rec. the first info on the show I'll let everyone know.

Later,
    TK

11. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello ALL!!

There is a comic and collectible show this weekend. It is on Sunday the 8th. It is from 9am to 2pm.

The host is Chris's Comics. It is going to be held at...

The Galley Hatch Conference Center.
    Rt. One 815 Lafayette Rd. Hampton. NH

For more info you can go to ...

www.chriscardscomics.com

I'm pretty sure I'll be there. I will all so be going out that mornig doing some yard sales shopping along with going to a very good fea Market out past Newberry Port MA. If anyone would like to go. Please just let me know. I'll be doing the driving. So gas is on me. You will how ever have to get to my place. lol We leave from here. We'll take the car nad if we have enough people show up we'll take the Van.

So come one , come all. We leave at 8:30 / 9 am ish?

The door prizes this time round for Chris is a pair of Red Sox Tickets. Very Nice!! Also it is only $3 to get in. That's a good price. Most every other time we go someone find something. You never know with this show. Hope to see someone there. It's just more fun when you gother. lol :)

SeeYa,
    TK

12. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Wish I could go, but the chorale is wrapping up it's season with an actual church service on Sunday morning in Concord. Fun stuff. :rolleyes:

13. PRINCESSVADER73

PRINCESSVADER73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2008
    Would you mind dragging a novice collector around with you? Jake said I could go, and there are a few things I'm looking for that do not have to be "new". I would need directions from Fryeburg, ME and an approximate time frame for the day.

14. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    YOUR MORE THEN WELCOME TO JOIN US. SO FAR ITS JUST TK AND ME. I'LL PM YOU WITH MY NUMBER SO I CAN FILL YOU IN.

15. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok everyone...

Here's the plan....

We are leaving my house around 9/9:30ish AM and heading to Hampton. Where we will check out the show. From there we will be moving on to yard sales on the way to the Flea Market. Takes about 40 min or so to get there from Hamton. We'll cruise the market and return to Hamton by 2pm... so we can make the Red Sox ticket giveaway. lol

From there we will be return to my place in Somersworth. We should be back by 3pm. At which time you all do whatever you'd like. I myself, am Golfing. lol It should be a lovely day for all. Please rememer to call myself or Brandon if you are planing on going. Just so we know and can make sure we wait for you. Thanks

SeeYa,
    TK

16. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Anyone check out the Jumpcon page recently? Seems like a bunch of guests aren't going to show...

17. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    That SUCK down to 1 Star Wars Guy's! :oops:

I know I'm still going for at leased one day now. I need the one remeaning Star Wars guy on my poster. If they keep drop the Star Trek Guy's Im going to be even madder! I was realy looking forward to meeting a lot of them. Oh well...

SeeYa,
    TK

18. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Correction, it's down to ZERO Star Wars actors! I checked the website today and not one SW actor is left, but they added a couple of Star Trek Voyager actors/actresses...

19. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ah.... They now suck!

That is so sad. They started this thing a few months back with over 60+ guest. Now they are down to like 20+. They are dropping like flies.[face_alien_1]

I'd really still kinda like to go if not for just a day. I'd like to meet all the Star Trek people. I think it would be fun. But they are a little to $$$ I think me for right now. So I'll see how it goes. I think I may just skip it.

Later,
    TK

20. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Not sure if everyone caught this, but the Boston Jumpcon has been CANCELLED. From all the reports I've been hearing, no big surprise...

21. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    yeah Jumpcon closed up shop. in the beginning it looked promising but in the end didn't work. too bad because the guy could have done something special. I think he took too much on his plate and couldn't get it done. The guy is now probably toast after this. just goes to show what bad advice can do to ya.

22. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    I finally got my deposit back from them the other day. It's to bad the show did not work out. I think it was a great idea, but they just moved a head way to fast. It's kinda sad how we live in such a big place like New Egland / Boston and we can never seem to get a really good Sci-fi con to come here?

I just wonder why? The best thing we have is Supermegafest, didn't get me wrong. I love that show. It's been a great time, every time for the last 5 years for me.

But they never seem to be able to do anything like the Indy Con or even SanDaigo Comic Con. Just makes me go .....Hummmmmmmmmmmm. lol

Later,
    TK

23. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey guys, for anyone that is interested, Chris' Cards and Comics is having a show on the 25th. It's at the Best Western in Hampton, just a few minutes down the street from their store in Seabrook. Sometimes you can find some good deals on Star Wars stuff, but it can be hit or miss. I've been lucky enough to get a couple of good deals there! :D

24. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    That's the same day as the meeting...maybe we should meet at the show and then head out to the formal meeting either at an establishment or flightmechs....

25. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Well, since Hampton and Nashua are on opposite sides of the state (North/South), I couldn't make it to both. I haven't been to one of those shows in a while so if people want to meet there I'm game. There is a McDonald's close by so we could head there after. I guess it all depends on what other people think.. majority rules!

Nice to see you again Steve... I was beginning to think you had fallen off the face of the earth! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.