main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V: The Visitors

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Espaldapalabras, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Unlock 'n bump!

2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Ha thanks 2nd! Jane Balder was back for the opening huray!!

3. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    I wanna see Jane eat a rat!

If they have this is in a scene, this would be the ultimate V fanwank!

4. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    When I saw Jane's name on the starring list I was like Oh ****!! I had a feeling what her role would be but not the circumstances of it.

5. Kol_Skywalker

Jun 9, 2006
    I initially like the idea of the new character (young science assistant) joining the 5th column.

Perhaps he is the guy who will develop the red dust that featured in the original series, and perhaps Red Sky will link into his research into the anti-V bio-weapon.

So, what now seems to be the revealing agenda of the V in this iteration of the show?

In the original show, the priority list seemed to be:

1) Steal the water of the Earth
    2) Use humans as meat patties in their V double cheeseburger and fries

Now, in this new series, the first two objectives haven't really been touched upon. Now it seems that they need humans to breed somehow, ie: that phosphorus revelation. But why? From a pure V only perspective, the only person we have seen reproduce is Anna, the Queen (failed/murdered soldier babies). The only other is Ryan Nichols, yet he only had a baby with a human, not another V. Perhaps the V need the humans to mass breed/produce an exponential population, rather than solely relying on a minute proportion of Queen-Bee's. The reason they need to do this? Perhaps they are at war with another alien race? Sure, now we are bordering on pure speculation (which is fun!), but at the end of the original series, the lead human female character (Julie?) sent out a signal into outer space for help. Apparantly in the follow novels, this is picked up by another race of aliens, and enemy of the V...

6. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Bringing Diana back, regardless of a revamp of the character, made me smile. :)

7. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Oh hell yeah it was.

Im taking it as the V's have no homeplanet anylonger and are confined to the ships and it is limiting their numbers and survival. We found out Earth was the only option for Anna this week.

8. Kol_Skywalker

Jun 9, 2006
    Pretty bummed that another show has been cancelled, left on a cliffhanger ... :mad:

9. judis9198

judis9198 Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2011
    I agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.