main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Vana's fanarts ^_^ UPDATE 11/09/09 (CAD BANE ! ^^)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Vana, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Yes, I wanted it to look more "traditional" than basic computer painting ^^ that's why I wanted the strokes to be visible ;)

I'm happy you like it!! [:D]

2. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Ha ha, nice! I'm a big fan of Legacy. There are like, Twi'leks everywhere! Great little chibi Shado Vao you've got there. I approve! [face_peace]

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Shado Vao is so cute!

4. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Next time I will colorize and post my other Shado Vao drawing. Normal (not chibi) this time. :)

5. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Hm I didn't have time to colorize the Shado yet, but this is a drawing I did in class, and I took a photo with my webcam because I have no scanner here... so the quality is not very good... but it's just for fun! :)

That's what really happened to Sev (Delta 07) at the end of the Game Star Wars: Republic Commando :D

for people who didn't play to the game, some spoilers (don't read those lines if you don't want spoilers):
    Sev is said "missing in mission" after an explosion at the end of the game, and we don't know what happened to him (was he killed? nobody could find his body - or did not search for it- maybe he fell down somewhere? nobody knows)

But I know what happened this day... [face_laugh] see:

[image=http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3184/sevvz0.jpg]

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Great! I don't own or know the game, but your little "synopsis" was enough for me to get a good giggle out of this one! LOL!! I love the little laughs you seem gifted to give, Vana! **hugs** :D

FF

7. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Thanks so much! ^^ I'm happy you like it :)

You should play Republic commando, it's a great game. The characters are really interesting and funny, they have great voices and I love when they are making jokes while fighting or things like this ^^ each clone has its own personnality and voice, it's really cool :)

8. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    That was a funny drawing! lol I really like how the commandos are portrayed in the RC books, but I have not played the game either. Vana, do you find it challenging to portray their individual personalities when drawing them in armor?

(Is RC game for Xbox?)

9. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    RC game is for PC and Xbox ^^ I have it on my computer :)

Yes I love their different personnalities ^^ and I'm starting to read the RC books and I like them a lot! :D

Here are Scorch and Sev in Chibi form!
    [image=http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/8742/sevvv002pu8.jpg]

10. hai

hai Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2006
    Haha I love your chibi troopers! [face_love]

11. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    (Karen Traviss is doing a wonderful job with the clone troopers and Mandalorians with her books.)

I wouldn't say this to their faces (lol) but I think those trooper are CUTE! YOu did a great job with their armor too.

12. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Thank you Hai and FettFan79 ! [face_dancing]

Yes Karen Traviss is doing a wonderful job on the clones, and on the Mandalorian culture, it's good to see an author liking them so much. I'm reading Hard Contact right now :) very interesting.

13. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Heh that image has me amused. They're so competitive! I really enjoyed the Republic Commando Xbox game, did ya play it?

14. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Yes of course, but not on Xbox: on PC. :)

I drew these characters because I played the game and I really liked them very much! ^_^

15. Vandalier

Vandalier Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2006
    Psycho chibi. lol

Lemme guess-- you were invited to the Bar-Mitzvah last week on San Antonio Drive, weren't you? Cute kids but freaky.

16. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I don't know zhat you are talking about? :confused:

Well I use to draw serious characters from Star Wars as "chibi", like those you can see in japanese mangas ;)

17. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    When don't chibi styled characters look cute? :p

It might be weird, but even if that Sev trooper all covered in blood, he still looks cute. (that is blood, right?). Trooper's in general never held that much interest with me, but I really enjoyed the banter you've written between Scorch and Sev. [face_laugh] It's nice to see some character and personality from beings that I pretty much viewed to be boring. You've kind of shed them in a whole new light for me.

- Suz ^_~

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Y_W wrote: "When don't chibi styled characters look cute?" :p

So true! Evidence Palpatine and Darth Maul in this same thread! ;) :D I like this piece, Vana--the dialogue is a nice touch, too! ...Is that blood...? [face_sick] ;)

FF

19. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Well, Sev and Scorch are clones from the game Republic commando.

I thought clones were boring too, but since I played to that game, my opinion has changed!! what they say in my drawing are original quotes from the game! ;)

In fact those clones developped their own personnality, they are commandos and they are trained differently than basic clonetroopers. They have a lot of humor and they talk like this to each other. They really are interesting.

Scorch is the funny guy, always making jokes even in the middle of a fight, Sev is the cynical killer with dark humor, and even the Boss have some cool quotes.

They also have a lot of charisma.

I also read the books "Republic commando" by Karen Traviss, and the commando clones inside this story are really touching and interesting.

Not like those stupid basic clones in the movie.

Yes, it's blood on Sev's helmet and armor ^^ I don't know if it is real blood, maybe yes (Sev is kinda psycho XD he looooves his job, maybe too much), it's just the way he decorated his armor. All the clones from this squad have their own special armor they decorated themselves:

[image=http://www.kablejunction.co.uk/wallpapers/wallpaper_star_wars_republic_commando_03_1280.jpg]

20. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I just finished to draw Sev from Star Wars: Republic commando (game, and book Triple Zero)

Yes he's tough as a clone commando should be ;)

[image=http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5497/sevfinaldx2.png]

21. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    And this is Scorch.

[image=http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9287/scorchfinalud2.png]

No one comes here? :_|

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Sometimes it gets a bit quiet around holidays (or Spring Break--even my life is a bit insane right now!)--I'm sure more folks will look when they get back from the beach! ;)

I love the recent two, Vana: Sev looks very nonchalant, mopping the blood off his hands and arms... **shivers** I guess it helps a soldier, to have that kind of an attitude...but it's rather unsettling to a pacifist like me... Great figure work in these, too--both look very natural, and the musculature in Sev is wonderful (though all the scars give me pause...)! :D Scorch looks like he's about to give someone a hard time about something--just that kind of impish look in his eye! ;) Great work on both of these--I love them!

FF

23. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Yeaaah thanks! ^_^

Yes I wanted to give Sev a nonchalant air, as he is in the book TZ :) next time I will post my drawing of the Delta group. All of them ^_^

24. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Delta squad ^_^

[image=http://site.voila.fr/sitetheron/vana/groupedelta_FINAL.png]

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice! I love that you've really preserved each one's "uniqueness" while making the faces all the same (as clones would invariably have!)--the clothing, postures and expressions give each one a distinct personality, and the whole piece me think of a "family photo" sort of thing! Most excellent! =D= Great work!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.