main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Viewing the CW Episodes - SW.com or CartoonNetwork.com?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TiniTinyTony , Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    It's not straming, but it only downloads inside of quicktime, and when it does, I can't find the file anywhere in my cache. Even tough I enabled file caching in the Quicktime settings :-(

2. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Well thank the Architect for that.

Without wanting to sound arrogant, I take it this is a victory for mass-pressure and a lesson learned for the powers that be?

And yeah, now that I've got it, I love it. Smart :D

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    ^^^[yoda]I agree.[/yoda]^^^

It's great. But the files still need to be bigger. ;)

4. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Jedi_Win

Yiiipiee, it worked. I was sdoing the same, but with the link in the hyperspace page. I guess that file forwards you to this server to download.

5. GammaX

GammaX Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2003
    So far I just downloaded it from Hyperspace.

I'll guess I will try the Cartoon Network now.

-GX

6. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Is there a version with the commentary + video to download? (I already downloaded the cartoon itself, thanks for the link) I'm interested in hearing some of the director talk about it.

7. Rogue_Pilot

Rogue_Pilot Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2003
    WHAT???

I can't watch the episodes on cartoonnetwork.com if I don't live in the US??? What the hell is their problem?

God that's aggravating.

8. SithMacqdor

SithMacqdor Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2002
    HALF VADER:

can anyone describe how they are able to download "Clone Wars" Micro Series? unto there hard drive.

9. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I have the SOLUTION:

go to C Drive in My Computer its called Local Disk or wherever your Windows folder is located

NOW

If you have Windows XP, do this:

go to Documents and Settings, your "user name", go to Local Settings, if you dont see that go to Tools on your bar at the top of the window, then folder options, click View, Show Hidden files and folders

now look for Local Settings, go into that, go into Temporary Internet Files, now write in your address bar after the sequence that says Temporary Internet Files, write in Content.IE5, click go or enter, then look in those folders for a movie file

its file name is

01_t4t00ne

then move it to your desktop or your designated location

If you have Windows 2000 or lower,

go to Local Disk C, then Windows, Temporary Internet Files, then write Content.IE5,if you dont see any folders go to Tools on your bar at the top of the window, then folder options, click View, Show Hidden files and folders, then look in those folders for a movie file

its file name is

01_t4t00ne

Hope this helps and this is legal

10. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I already did so. It's the seventh post on page 5.

11. joebuck

joebuck Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2000
    Why would anyone want to buy this on dvd, it's only 5 mins a episode. you could fit them all on a vcd easily and still have room for a full movie. There is only going to be 10 episodes anyway. For me the only way I would ever buy this is if it came as a Easter Egg on the next Star Wars dvd.

what I can't figure out is why only 5 mins like it's really fancy animation, NOT...

12. DarthPack

DarthPack Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2001
    joebuck: To each his own... FYI, this is 20 episodes and not 10. There will be 10 episodes in November and the other 10 in March.

When the DVD comes out, I'm all over it! I'm sure that there will be other extras on the disc.

13. The_JediMaster

The_JediMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    can anyone describe how they are able to download "Clone Wars" Micro Series? unto there hard drive.

Wait until the whole movie is loaded on the website, then you should be able to save it by clicking the arrow that points downward. I have a Mac so I don't know if it is easy as that on a PC.

14. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Why would anyone want to buy this on dvd, it's only 5 mins a episode.
    Well no-one's forcing you to buy it I suppose ;) And although it seems an odd point to make at this point, they're about 3:30 an episode, not counting titles.

you could fit them all on a vcd easily and still have room for a full movie.
    A VCD holds 60 mins of information (see next point), not enough to hold a movie in itself. Plus you're stuck with VCD quality then (352x288 res).

There is only going to be 10 episodes anyway.
    20 actually. 20 times the 3+ minutes will make over an hour chronicling the Clone Wars. It should fit on your VCD nicely ;)

For me the only way I would ever buy this is if it came as a Easter Egg on the next Star Wars dvd.
    Fair enough. Looks like you're not going to be buying it then. LFL released R2-D2: Beneath the Dome on DVD for god's sake. What makes you think they're going to pass up a marketing opportunity like this? What with making-of's and a commentary it should be a smart DVD for SW fans.

But like I said, no-one's gonna force you to buy it :)
    Peace out,

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I have the SOLUTION:

go to C Drive in My Computer its called Local Disk or wherever your Windows folder is located

NOW

If you have Windows XP, do this:

go to Documents and Settings, your "user name", go to Local Settings, if you dont see that go to Tools on your bar at the top of the window, then folder options, click View, Show Hidden files and folders

now look for Local Settings, go into that, go into Temporary Internet Files, now write in your address bar after the sequence that says Temporary Internet Files, write in Content.IE5, click go or enter, then look in those folders for a movie file

its file name is

01_t4t00ne

then move it to your desktop or your designated location

If you have Windows 2000 or lower,

go to Local Disk C, then Windows, Temporary Internet Files, then write Content.IE5,if you dont see any folders go to Tools on your bar at the top of the window, then folder options, click View, Show Hidden files and folders, then look in those folders for a movie file

its file name is

01_t4t00ne

Hope this helps and this is legal

16. jacensky315

jacensky315 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2002
    I missed it and am kinda new to the whole search for an online copy. Anyone know where to go? Without having to pay at jyperspace.

17. amien

amien Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2002
    Indy, I can't find the file in any of the folders.

18. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    did you finish viewing it?

19. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I was 4 hours and 30 minutes into downloading the cartoon when it froze and stopped downloading. Now I can't see the rest of the show. When I open a new window to view the cartoon it still stops at the place it froze and I can't get past it. Can somebody tell me how I can get the rest downloaded?

I was able to save what I did get downloaded to my computer.

20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Indy3, I found it, but it's only 1KB and plays only one second of footage and I allowed the whole thing to load. Any helpful suggestions?

21. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I was only able to get 3 minutes and 11 seconds of the cartoon. How much am I missing?

22. darthYENIK

darthYENIK Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    What the hell is up with cartoon network? I try to watch the video, and internet explorer just crashes, and I can't watch it. It's a conspiracy.

23. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    thats illegal

you should edit that

24. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    that 1kb is from the stream not the progressive download

25. R2D1000

R2D1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2003