main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VII needsto do something BIG & News

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by WhiskeyGold, Nov 3, 2012.

1. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I think one of the things that made us (fans over 35) love Star Wars was how different it was. We never seen a thing like it. Would be great if the new ones could capture that. Looking at the PT I think some of the cgi wasn't even great (3PO in that factory looks cgi). Be great if they could really blow us away with something new. Not sure what they could do. Maybe better cgi cause a lot of cgi isn't as great as some say. It has a look and feel that isn't real. Take jab a cgi and jab a puppet. Puppet to me seems more real.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Puppets, yes, they got the props...

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  3. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I wish. Maybe if they mixed puppets with cgi. It will work the best. Do puppets then cgi touch up and stuff puppets can't do.

4. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Like a puppet from the waist up and CGI feet? Could work. The radio-controlled faces from ROTS were nothing short of spectacular.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Or "coating" with cgi. Silver Surfer was done very convincingly in the FF sequel. I think they did the same process with Davey Jones in Pirates.

6. Darth-Jedi-Master

Darth-Jedi-Master Jedi Master star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    I think the cgi was good for the time the movies were made. I mean of course we look at the movies today and it looks bad and fake. Puppets are so old school, i really hope they do not go that route. I guess we all just need to wait and see.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    You want realism? With all of our wonderful scientific advances, they should bioengineer some test animals and actually genetically grow the characters. Who cares if a few bunnies are in agony. If they can make one look like Yoda, we will all look past the ethics of it due to its dopeness...

8. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Animal testing in the pursuit of Force sensitivity!

Darth-Jedi-Master likes this.
  9. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    A lot of them already look like Jaxxon...