main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA War of the Worlds

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_117, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Jedi_117

Dark_Jedi_117 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    Has anybody here seen the new War of the Worlds yet? I think that if you are a sci-fi fan in general you should love this movie. To tell you the truth I was blown away.

What I liked about it:

1.) I have to say the special effects were some of the best, but that is to be expected in a Speilberg movie.=P~

2.)I thought overall the acting was top-notch and believable, especially by Dakota Fanning(however the son in the movie did get on my nerves a bit.)

3.) Conveyed the spirit/mood of the book quite well.

4.) Action was pretty intense for the most part, and I was on the edge of my seat.

5.) The plot as a whole was good IMHO. I liked how it differed from movies like Independence Day, in that it was told from the family's point of view, rather than the military's.

The only complaint I had(and a small one at that) is that the ending could have been maybe 5 minutes longer to explain the story in a bit more detail(but I won't spoil anything here.)

I give it=D=

]-} ]-} ]-}

2. skywalking_sith1138

skywalking_sith1138 Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2005
    Hey, I loved the movie...I haven't read the book though, but I plan on changing that soon...

My favorite thing about it was how, as he does all the time, Spielberg made you feel like you were right in the middle of everything...I felt like I was right behind Tommy Boy running through the streets and trapped on a boat and in a wet basement and all that good stuff...

The effects were awesome, yes...very realistic...

I can't wait for the dvd...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.