main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Was Dooku as strong as Sidious?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Master_Obi-One, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Obi-One

Master_Obi-One Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2005
    Dooku told Yoda in Episode II that the contest could not be settled be their Knowledge of the force, but by their skill with a light saber. Well.....they tied in that too. Yoda failed to beat Dooku and Sideous. Actually both of the duels were tied, but Yoda still failed. If Yoda could not beat Dooku what made him think that he could beat Sideous? Anyway my point is they both had force lightning and were very skilled with a saber. So my question is was Dooku as powerful as Sideous?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    Yoda clearly dominated Dooku in their duel on Geonosis. It was Dooku's treachery, not his skill with a lightsaber, that saved his ass. Circumstance, not lack of skill, is what cheated Yoda from a victory.

3. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Dooku was a Jedi scientist who had grand knowledge of the Force. But honestly, there's no telling and considering what I've seen out of Sidious, Count Dooku could possibly match strength with him.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Dooku could probably outduel him, but if it came down to a Force battle, he would have lost.

5. angelicusdiablos

angelicusdiablos Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    I suppose if your going on the facts then Dooku delivered as much as Sidious when it comes to saber and force action when facing off against the green little warrior [face_alien_1]. I just wish we saw Yoda utilising some never-before-seen aspect of the force to demonstrate his ownproficency against Sidious. Maybe even if Sidious had counteracted this it would have clearly established Sidious superirity over Dooku. Black or white this not. Grey is.

6. mjerome3

May 11, 2000
    When Dooku delivers his Force lightning to Yoda, it isn't as strong as Sidious does it. But then again Dooku didn't use two hands either, which means he held back a little. Count Dooku was so well respected in the Order and the Jedi, even Obi-Wan who'd never met him prior to Epsiode II, knew how powerful Dooku was. I know Sidious is the master but even he had to sideswipe his own master to be the master. Dooku trained Qui-Gon Jinn, one of the greatest Jedi the Order ever produced and plus Dooku is legendary in the order for having been apart of it for so long which accounts for something.

I believe he served Sidious out of his own cause, not out of awe or respect. Dooku could match power with Sidious.

7. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Dooku could probably outduel him, but if it came down to a Force battle, he would have lost.

Yep, exactly. Dooku could crack ceilings and crash a column, but Sids could throw senate pods around like wiffle balls. :D

8. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Dooku pwnd.

This is simple. There's a reason why he's the apprentice. He gets hacked up by skywalker.

9. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Dooku is a heavily underestimated fighter. But Sidious owns him psychologically, and would thus own this fight. Like Vader crawling back to his Master's side in ROTJ...Dooku doesn't have anyone to break him out of the Sith apprentice-bond craziness.

Now, Dooku with an apprentice of Obi-Wan's caliber might be able to win. But only by cheating shamelessly.

10. mjerome3

May 11, 2000
    The reason he's the apprentice is because he had to be since there could only be two Sith no matter if his knowledge of the Force exceeds even that of Sidious, which we all know it does. As far as Anakin is concerned, Dooku had beaten him before. Tyranus still fought a gallant fight and even the Chosen One is not an ordinary Force user.

11. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Dooku, more knowledge of the force than Sidious...no I am afraid not. But I don't know how I can prove that other than saying sids kicked some serious butt ni ROTS.

12. Adm_Thrawn

Dec 19, 2004
    Yoda dominated Tyranus in AotC. Yoda could only match Sidious in RotS. How does this mean that Tyranus is just as powerful as Sidious? If he was, why did he remain subservient to him? It is the nature of the Sith to overthrow one's master. If he could've, he would've. Dooku was just another pawn. Like Grievous or the Neimodians. While both Tyranus and Sidious used similar attacks in their respective duels against Yoda, only one of them was able to actually affect him. Sidious owned Yoda with lightning then made him dance around like an epileptic with Senate Rotunda pods. Dooku was not as powerful as Sidious.

13. mjerome3

May 11, 2000

Dooku was older than Sidious, trained more apprentices than Sidious, and has more experience in using the Force than Sidious. There are things about the Force that Dooku must know about that Sidious doesn't know. Sidious is merely a master of the dark side, nothing more.

And....it looked like Sidious got his butt kicked to me....

14. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I dunno....I like to think that Mace Windu really was stronger than Palps. But then I also considered Dooku to be nearly equal to Mace, but less than Palps. Gets too confusing that I just give up on the who's stronger stuff.

15. mjerome3

May 11, 2000

Dooku was never a true Sith. He wanted to retire after the war and had no desire to have any alliegiance to any organization. Yes, he was a pawn only because Palpatine betrayed him. And in my opinion, Dooku LET Palpatine betray him.

16. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005

How many apprentices did Dooku train? as far as canon is concerned just Qui Gon? Sidious hurling those senate pods with ease is a neutral force power was much more impressive a display than any Dooku did. The lightning that Sidious hurled was harder for Yoda to overcome than what Dooku hurled at him in AOTC. Sidious using the cloud of the darkside to hide himself from the Jedi until the very end as well. Plus the fact that Dooku never overthrew Sidious and was his apprentice speaks volumes. Dooku was under Sidious and did his bidding, a Sith would at least have tried to overthrow the higher master if they at the least thought they were more powerful.

*edit* Sidious may have got his butt kicked but at least he kept his head!

17. joshuavance

joshuavance Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Dooku was 80 percent as powerful as Sidious.

Maul, Dooku, and suited Vader were all of equal power.

Sidious was only slightly more powerful than each.

And within the three apprentices, you had different strengths that compensated for other weaknesses.

Maul had powerful physical stamina and energy, he let the Darkside flow through him.

Dooku was a brilliant tactician, reserved, calculating.

Vader (suited) was shrewd, powerful in the Force, and aggressive.

If you combined all three apprentices, you would have Mustafar Darth Vader.

18. Adm_Thrawn

Dec 19, 2004
    Dooku wanted to retire after the war? Then what? Renew his AARP membership? This is ridiculous. Dooku did not want to simply topple the Republic then lease a beach house on Alderaan and let Sidious do all the work. And, how did Dooku let Sidious betray him? By not trying to bite Anakin after getting his hands chopped off?

19. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Dooku has the Jedi Master training that Sidious obviously doesn't. But Sidious surely knows more dark side secrets. They're not equivalent, and Dooku's powers aren't merely a subset of Sidious's either.

20. angelicusdiablos

angelicusdiablos Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    Ah, the face off between Dooku and Sidios will only remain in my fanboy daydreams, sadly. :_|

21. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    If you think Dooku and Maul are equal in power your crazy, you know padawan Kenobi beat Maul, and Jedi Master Kenobi got beat by Dooku like he was a clonetrooper.

22. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    Hey, people are always throwing the george lucas official qoute like it's a trump , and thats what the man said.

Maul, Dooku, and Vader(suited) are of equal power, 80 percent as strong as Sidious.

That's why it was such a crippling blow to Sidious' plans when Obi-Wan maimed Mustafar Vader. It significantly reduced him in power.

23. mjerome3

May 11, 2000

Read the ROTS novel about Dooku's future plans. He was looking forward to returning to his home planet. Dooku let Sidious betray him by thinking he was his friend, especially knowing full well that his own apprentice Qui-Gon died because of Sidious.

24. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    If you think Dooku and Maul are equal in power your crazy, you know padawan Kenobi beat Maul, and Jedi Master Kenobi got beat by Dooku like he was a clonetrooper.

Thanks for validating my entire point the WHOLE time on these boards that Dooku's victory over Obi-Wan was a mere fluke necessitated by the plot.

25. mjerome3

May 11, 2000

Dooku may have been 80% of Sidious but what does that make Yoda, and Mace, and Luke Skywalker? Although debatable until now, Mace beat Sidious. Yoda countered everything Sidious had to dish out and Sidious looked like he got his butt handed to him by Yoda before the full might of their own Force powers separated them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.