main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY WBER Morning Show - Dec 16th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    too bad. i couldn't make it but was looking forward to hearing you on the radio. where are they on the dial anyway? 6:30 am? Darth Vader needs his beauty sleep

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Once again another invite from WBER for this Friday's morning show (Dec 16th). I'm trying to confirm the time for this one. I could do it if it's the 8am-ish, but not 6am-ish.

~Doc_Bev

3. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    I can make it at 6:00 AM if needed. What will we be discussing?

Duane

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Ugh...

I'd be willing to drag myself out of bed if other people go too.
    I have no clue what we'd discuss. Last time I asked that question I was just told

So I would assume we could talk about The Rebellion as well as the 501st & RL and mention our Salvation Army volunteer stint. Those would be my goals, but I'm not sure what they have in mind.

~Doc_Bev

5. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    I could do this also as long as i didn't have to garb up maybe a quick breakfast afterwards before I have to be at work

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Nope, no costumes for this.
    Although the FX lightsaber sounds might sound cool over the radio.

~Doc_Bev

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    OK - I'm going to send WBER an email confirming our "appearance".
    Anyone willing to get up early enough to join us is welcome!
    So far it looks like me, TD-027 and T_StarFlyer are interested.

~Doc_Bev

8. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    6am on a Friday Morning... Someone get me a Wake-Up call Service (Though I may not have gone to bed at that point yet =P)

I'll need directions/etc.

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    We need to be at 2596 Baird Road, Penfield, NY 14526-2333 at 6:45am at the latest. I'm trying to confirm with them if the show starts at 6:45am thus we would need to be there earlier or if the show starts at 7am.

~Doc_Bev

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Here's the most recent email...

So I think we should probably be there at 6:30am. Also, it looks like they'd prefer 2 people. I don't know if this is because they only have so much space/mikes? I've never been there so I'm not sure. I guess my first thought would be to just have TD-027 and myself go since I got us into this and TD-027 is used to getting up early for work. But, if others are still interested in going I don't see why they couldn't. Either way I'm going to confirm with them since we have 4 people interested.

EDIT: Heard back from WBER and it is indeed space issues that prompted them to ask for only 2 people.
    Also, I just noticed that it'll be a 1/2 hour drive in morning rush hour traffic for me to get there, so I would be open to someone taking my spot if they were really keen on doing this.

~Doc_Bev

11. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Hey Doc_Bev,
    I'm a little concerned about the weather issues we are having it might be tough to make it to Penfield that early in 6-8" of snow. I'd still be in but, if anyone closer please feel free to take the 2 spots.....

TD-027

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yeah, I noticed the "Heavy Snow" listed for 3am-5am, but at this point I've already committed to this so I feel an obligation to go at this point no matter the weather. Which means I should probably head to bed now. :p

~Doc_Bev

13. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    I'm going to duck out of this one, this 70+ work week is starting to take a toll on me

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    It's 5:30am here and I'm going to start heading out to clear off the car and leave for Penfield. Hopefully I'm not the only one there! If someone can record this show for me that would be most excellent! If not, maybe I can ask for a tape of it from WBER, but I'm not sure if they're that sophisticated.

~Doc_Bev

15. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Hey Doc_Bev,
    Well I started out from home at 5:15 will all intentions of heading to Penfield but, alas I should have left earlier as it took me til 6:45 to get to Rochester. At which point I just headed to work since I wouldn't have made the show anyway.

P.S. I was trying to tune in to hear you and I couldn't get the radio signal???? 90.5 right??

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    That's OK TD-027. I myself just made it to the building at 6:40am. Yes, it was 90.5 for WBER.

It was sort of fun. I'd probably do it again, just not in this weather. ;)
    It was pretty cramped in there. They only have 4 chairs/mikes and they were all taken up by DJs. I had to "steal" one of the DJs headsets and his mike and stood for the duration of the show. One of the DJs suggested that next time we could come in the summer with our costumes. I don't know that there'd be room but I told him I'm sure we'd be up for it once the weather was nicer.

~Doc_Bev

17. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I missed the show unfortunately but I'm glad you were able to make it there and back safely with all the crap on the roads this morning.

18. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Yeah I'm glad you made it home safely Doc_Bev. Were the roads any better on the east side. I know Northwest where I was, sucked.

P.S. Just a piece of advice don't leave Black permanent markers where Connor can get ahold of them (Actually Nick climbed up on the Kitchen cabinets to get ours). Paint doesn't cover black sharpie very easily :-(. You know, they say, when the kids are quiet be careful. I'm a believer. :)

19. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    It was awful getting out there the whole trip because it was still dark, everything was slush, there hadn't been enough cars on the road to clear paths and I wasn't sure where I was going. But getting home was a breeze!

Fortunately (and so far) with Connor crayons has been the only things he used to mark around the house.

~Doc_Bev

20. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Of course if any of the kids start drawing replicas of the sistine chapel on the walls or the furniture...you might want to invest in some water paints :)

21. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Have you tried Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser? I've been amazed what it can get off. Try alcohol too - both the rubbing (isopropanol) and the drinking (ethanol) types ;) and nail polish remover (with acetone works better). Sometimes those permanent markers aren't too permanent when organics hit them. :-B

22. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    At that point they are ready for oil paints...

23. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    I have had great luck with straight Acetone on sharpie.

If you need some - I've got a bottle here.

24. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    On the home remedies if you require a last ditch effort to remove sharipe you can try coloring over it with dry erase markers then using one of the cleaners mentioned above or Goo Gone.

25. Recaf2000

Recaf2000 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    I heard part of the morning show on my way to work :) Good job!

Talking about the groups (Rochester Rebellion, 501st etc), the different costumes you have, the Bell ringing this Saturday....

Then I had to go inside to work. What else did you discuss?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.