main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark We need a Social Thread.....

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by sithsarbad, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    Curious before I tell this story, did anyone else go to breckenridge or rave on monday night?

So me and my girl went to go see Lords of Dogtown, Monday night at Breckenridge. Everythings fine until 9 o' clock when the power went out. All of Breckenridge runs on generator except the video projectors. Really we only have 30 minutes left in the movie so we will catch it another time, probably use the free passes for Mr and Mrs Smith. But when we were waiting in line to get the passes, the people in Star Wars were coming out and I heard alot of people saying "Of course it goes out right when Anakin goes to the temple" and there were also several people asking the manager if there was any way they could turn the movie on. Although I went home and ate Taco Bell in the dark, it was just interesting to see all the people upset that they didnt get to see half of Star Wars and also the fact that Breckenridge feels the must run everything but the movies when the power goes out.

Caleb

2. jeepgirls30

jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    That would stink...Why wouldn't they have the projectors on generator??? Odd. I wonder what the Rave does in those situations...Anyway, getting completely off the subject...On the DVD of the Original Trilogy, Returen of the Jedi, particularly, I guess I haven't paid a lot of attention when watching it but I was watching last night and at the end where Luke sees the glowing Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin...It's Hayden...weird...I had not caught this before. What does anyone else think about it???? Just a thought.

3. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Girl you are so behind the times on that one. There was a huge stink over that when Lucas did it. I have mixed feellings about all the changes made to all three films.

4. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I guess I feel somewhat okay with the changes Lucas made at the end of ROTJ with Hayden included. It makes perfect sense to me since Lucas explained that the spirit would keep his/her Jedi identity/form, not Sith. It works either way for me, so I am cool with it.

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yep would make sense that he would return to the form of before his falling to the Darkside. :) Yoda and Obi never fell so they retain their age. As for why Yoda only hears Qui instead of seeing him (in the RotS novel) I think it's because Qui's body never 'vanished' I'm pondering on that still though. Guess Palps taught Anakin the 'extension' part of the Force as Qui taught Yoda and Obi. Otherwise...why on earth is Anakin there with Obi and Yoda? [face_laugh]

So atleast pruney actually had some stuff to teach Anakin ;) Poor kid...he'll never get to play with Force lightning now...

6. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    I thought Lucas said that Obi and Yoda taught him or Luke showed him how....doesnt make much sense though

7. jeepgirls30

jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    I figured I was behind on the times...I can't believe I hadn't watched the DVD's any closer than that. I think the mind was probably seeing the old way and not registering exactly what it was seeing...That, or I just don't pay close enough attention anymore...Who knows. Thanks for the feedback though...Weird.

8. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    Hey All

I am just writing this to let everyone know that I am no longer going to be part of this awesome group. There are many things that are behind this, but mostly the reason that I am just too busy and not really into the things you guys are wanting to do, I have no problem with what you guys are wanting to do, just not into it. It was cool meeting some of you guys and all. You guys are are all awesome and it was cool to be a part of this group from the begining. Don't get me wrong, I still love star wars very much, it is just time to move on and keep my love for the films more personal like I had been before. With me being a senior and all, I have a lot of things that will be on my mind other than trying to attend meetings with you guys and just wont be able to give the effort needed to be apart of this group. I hope you guys make this an awesome thing and I hope it goes really well.....

later kids

9. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Sure hope you can stick around and at least chat. Heck, there's still plenty of people that haven't attended any meetings or movies. But, hey, you gotta do what ya gotta do.

10. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Yes please check in from time to time. You are always welcome at any meetings or events.
    And May the Force by with You in your senior year.

11. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Hey guys! Good to get back home (well, not exactly home as I don't have one at the moment) but, I am back from Michigan. Anybody want to go and see The Island with me and Kynstar this weekend sometime?? Right now I'm just sitting in the Airport waiting on my luggage to catch up with me. Guess my suitcase wanted to take a little vacation, see the sights, that sort of thing. Anyway, catch you all later.
    Hyper

12. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/pie751/pwned/DookuOwned.jpg]

sorry i just HAD to post that, its great! lol, now off to bed.

13. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Ooohhh, Kynstar's gonna be MAD at you!!

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Noooo! (Obi-Wan moment)

How could you? :p Evil you! :_| Poor baby!

(Oh don't forget BBQ sauce on Obi's robe - from MTV Awards intro - that was so freakin' hilarious!! Anybody seen that Jimmy Fallen's take on that??)

15. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    but ya gotta admit, that is freakin hilarious! that look is freakin priceless! I'm going to do one of those credit card things on that, lol.

edit - ok all done, here ya go :)

[image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a42/davisjaron/priceless_dooku.jpg]

16. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    That is so sad! :p But yeah hilarious too [face_laugh]

My poor baby.. everybody picking on him! :_|

And here I am laughing too... how sad is that? :p

17. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    lol, i'm sorry, i just couldn't resist once I got that idea, lol

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Nah you're good ;) It was funny if not sad at the same time *snrk* [face_laugh]

I won't strike you down with my lightning next we meet ;) so you're safe! [face_mischief]
    j/k ;)

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Ok. I really needed that laugh. Thanks Jaron. And Kynstar, for pointing it out to me.
    I get to have my internet in the hospital, that part is kind of fun. And it's just as well
    that I am not in Little Rock since I can't have any visitors anyway. Thanks for the laugh.
    If anyone else has anything funny, let me know. I need it this week.
    Later
    Hyper

20. Korvyn

Korvyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    Jimmy fallon is awesome. you've stained my robe..... You did that yourself. lol i did like the han solo running into a room full of troopers in the SE havn't seen the hayden thing yet. i really need to buy the dvd versions.

21. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    "but i'm gonna mess it up, yeah, cause i'm an idiot, i'm ya boyfriend"

22. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    We should have a pick on Count Dooku day,[face_laugh] just to peeve Kynstar...I'm only kidding...Well, mostly kidding.[face_shhh] Anyhow, the bar b q sauce thing was very funny. One of my nurses is sitting here watching Phantom Menace with me, she has never seen it but thinks the way that have a little group is really neat. I can have visitors tomorrow, but I don't expect any of you to drive to Fayetteville to see me. Thats a wee bit far. I should be discharged somtime tomorrow afternoon. (Hopefully[face_praying]) I really have not enoyed this round of chemo. Looking forward to the weekend:D. See all of you later.
    Hyper out

23. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Hey there everyone! I have been slightly scarce lately due to loosing my great-grandmother and then weekend before last I lost my grandmother who I have been living with since I seperated. Keep me in you thoughts as I have to fight for custody of my kids. I did not get good news from my oncologist either. My cancer is spreading more rapidly than they would like and I am partaking in a trial treatment study to up my chances. The new medication that I have had this week has drained me and hit pretty hard. But, I do get to leave the hospital today and will drive home tomorrow. Thanks to all of you for the thoughts and care you have shown. And Korvyn, thanks man. That means a lot that you would make the trip up 540 to say howdy to a fellow Star Wars junky. I don't think that I will make you event on Saturday, thats a bit of a drive after chemo.
    So, what are we doing next....Any good movies coming out??? And we will get a costuming thing started, I just have to get through this stupid cancer and my divorce...but, I'm goanna work it in.
    See you guys later
    Bacon[face_pig]

24. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    http://www.swell-designs.net/my_desktop << check out my video everyone! Its a recording of my desktop, with music, and a quiz at the end, i just finished making it about an hour ago :)

25. Korvyn

Korvyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    I know Invader has something in the works with Sam's club on Aug 27th. i am working on a couple things myself but don't want to let the cat out of the bag yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.