main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN Website for Knoxville FF

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    The idea for a website for Knoxville was something that I had brought up as a goal for our chapter. As a result of this, we have had two offers to help us build one for no cost. Of course, if we need a domain, that will cost us but that is a different story. What I will do is explain the two offers and give both parties a chance to explain what they would like to help us with.

I will introduce them both, and as they get a chance they can explain or answer any questions you guys may have. I will start first with the offer from fellow JC'er Jannae.

Jannae is a teacher for the Virginia College web department. Her website has some of her work in it, but what she is offering us is a little different. She is wanting to have some of her students work on our site free of charge, and assist us in finding hosting and whatnot for the cheapest possible price.

The other offer I have recieved was via email, from a fellow in Georgia named Jon. Jon is an arist and also builds websites. Here is an example of some of his work. He is curently on spring break, but when he gets back, he should also be able to answer any questions you guys have.

Also, any ideas for things you would like to see the website have should be posted here. This is your website, and I want you guys to have it the way you want it. We should all have a hand in building the website we want.

These folks are seriously talented and I am greatful for their willingness to help out. Let the fun begin! :)

2. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    The hosting we use for the Boston Rebels is DotEasy.Com because it's free and easy to use. All you have to buy is the domain name, and then they give you free hosting. :)

EDIT: It's also banner-less free hosting!

3. Jannae

Jannae Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Hi folks!

I've been talking with Jar Jar over the past few weeks about the website for your group.

As he said in the message above, I'm a web design instructor for Virginia College in Birmingham, Al. My proposal to him, and to you, is to allow me to take on the project of constructing your website. I have numerous talented students coming through my project class each quarter, and many of them are long time Star Wars fans, talented artists, and up and coming web designers. They need projects, like yours, to help them to learn how to manage a web project, gain additional "real world" experience, and design a new piece for their portfolio.

Don't feel that your website will be an experiment for fledgling students. The students in the project class are those who are nearing graduation. They have the skills and the desire to keep your website up and running, and looking and working like a dream. I would oversee the project on a year round basis. In the event that we do not offer the project class, or if a student is not available, I would take over the routine updates of the site. Regardless of the situation, I would work diligently with the officers and members of the Knoxville FF to uphold the level of quality of the website that would speak well of your organization.

If anyone has any questions for me, feel free to contact me through the message board here, or through my website, The CASIM.

Good luck on the continued success of the club. And, I hope to be hearing from ya'll soon.

Jannae

4. jedeye459

jedeye459 Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2003
    sounds like Jannae has a good deal going :) but if you need any help im here.

-Jedeye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.