main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Wedge vignettes

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]OF CHEESECAKE AND EWOKS

"A long time ago, on a planet far, far away in the Corellian system, lived a young Ewok named Jek, but he was called Piggy by his friends. He wasn't born there but had been taken there as a young Ewok pup to be the pet of a wealthy and powerful man, the Diktat of Corellia," In the office, Wes and Hobbie could hear the soft voice of Wedge Antilles, General in New Republic Starfighter Command and Commander of Rogue Squadron, coming from the next room, Wedge's bedroom, as he began to relate a fairy tale. To someone just entering the office, it would seem as if he were reading a bedtime story to a small child and, if either man didn't know better, they would have thought the same thing; in reality, Wedge was telling the story to an Ewok, his Ewok, Emote. They also knew that a similar situation was playing out in the quarters of Colonel Tycho Celchu right next door as he too was putting his own Ewok to bed, Emote's friend Emic. Wes has heard Wedge tell the story to Emote many times before, it was the little Ewok's favorite tale from Corellia, even if Wedge did make
    changes to it like changing the character's name - he did that with a lot of the stories he told to Emote, substituting the names of friends he had lost during the Rebellion and war with the Empire; it was he way of making
    sure that their names and memories would not be forgotten.

"The Diktat did not treat Jek nicely and one day, Jek managed to runaway from him, making his way into the fields and woods of Corellia." Hobbie
    and Janson continued to listen to Wedge in the next room.

Wes elbowed Hobbie in his side, "You know, Wedge is getting pretty good at this. He'll make a great dad someday, provided he takes time off from running the squadron, gets out, meets some nice girl, and dates."

"Wes, with you around, he's had years of practice on how to raise kids," Hobbie teased his long time friend.

Wes picked up a pillow from his end of the couch and tossed it at Hobbie, hitting him in the head, "Well Hobbs, it's a tough job but somebody's got
    to do it and I couldn't think of anyone better," he laughed.

"Hey, that's now fair, you were armed," Hobbie cried as he threw it back at Wes, missing and getting Wedge in the face. "Opps, sorry, Wedge," he said coloring slightly.

Wedge picked up the offending piece of the couch scowling at the Majors, "Seems like I was telling Jek and the Beanstalk and putting to bed the wrong child; I should have been putting you two to bed," he growled - there was just a ting of a laugh in his voice to let them know he wasn't all that serious. "Know if Tych's got Emic put to bed yet?"

"No," Wes spoke up, "But he started before----" The opening of the door interrupted the rest of Wes' comment as Tycho entered Wedge's quarters.

"One of these day, I hope, Emic will tire of the story "Shard of Alderaan", I know the thing by heart."

?He will, about the same time Wes and Hobbie grow up." Seeing the look of consternation on Hobbie's face Wedge added, "But in Wes' case, I don't see that happening in the near future." He clapped his hands together as
    the signal to go, "So, who's up for cheesecake? Wes, you're buying, and I want hot fudge and strawberries on mine."

PLAYMATES

"What do you mean, we don't have any left? There were at least a dozen here a couple of minutes ago."

"Like I said, Boss, we don't have any left. None. They're all gone. Hobbie, Tycho, and I took care of them all with a little help from the rest of the Rogues."

"But I just got here. Out of a total of thirty-six, you couldn't even save one for me?"

"There wasn't time, Wedge. And it's not my fault you over slept. Next time listen to me when I tell you it's time to get up and try to drag your sorry body out of bed." Wes' voice was tinged with humor.

Wedge contemplated Wes' words before he spoke again, "Next time you wont think it's so funny when you slip something into my drink that makes me as sick as a womprat all night, Wes."

"Well, you do have to admit, Wedge, it was kinda funny," Wes pau

2. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    "Wes, with you around, he's had years of practice on how to raise kids,"

Too true!

Great viggies, sweet and funny at the same thing. Love Wedge's bantha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.