main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Welcome to New Visitors!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    (posted per CR request)

Hopefully we'll get a few new visitors finding these boards from the fliers that were passed out during the Media Play DVD Release.

I figured that I would start a thread to let people know how to register for FanForce, and so that new people could chime in to let us know who is new to the boards.

To be able to post, you need to be a registered user on FanForce. You can register at the URL: http://boards.theforce.net/user_register.asp

I also figured that it might be a good thread for the existing members to introduce themselves to the new members. Maybe we can all chime in with a reply to introduce ourselves. I'll start with myself:

My name is Darren (-KnightShade- on the boards).
    If anyone was at the DVD release - I was the one running around as Darth Maul chasing the little Ewok.
    (You'd be surprized how many troopers an Ewok can take out!)

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Hello (again)!
    My name is Nicky. At the Media Play event I was the Jedi guardian to the little Ewok running around.

~Doc_Bev

3. MaxReBoot11

MaxReBoot11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2003
    Why is the posting times set to PST instead of EST??????

4. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    <sticks head in the door and waves>

Hi Rochester!!!!

5. Darth_Hepaticus

Darth_Hepaticus Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2004
    Just wanted to say hi as I just joined the boards. Looking forward to Ep III, and hoping for the best. Was not totally satisfied with Eps. I and II, though I don't bash it to shreds as others have. Hopefully, a strong script and story will make III stand in the same light as ESB

6. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Welcome Darth-H Are you from the Rochester Area??

TD-027

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Welcome! Welcome!
    It's great to see a new "face" on the boards.

We're looking forward to EIII too!

Do you know if you'll be going to Celebration III (www.starwarscelebration.com)? And, as TD-027 said - where are you from? We're (-KnightShade- and myself) are in Greece.

~Doc_Bev

8. Darth_Hepaticus

Nov 30, 2004
    TD, Doc_Bev,

Thanks for the Welcome. Yes, I am in Rochester, Henrietta actually. Relocated here from NYC 5 1/2 years ago. Was a paramedic there for 22 years, now in public relations here as well as develoment. (Grant writing)

Nope, won't be going to Celebration III.

Just out of curiosity, are there any readers of Joseph Campbell here? I am very into mythology, and enjoy his work along with other authors as well. I enjoy looking for the mythological influences that are in SW, as Campbell was such a huge influence on Lucas.

9. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Hey Darth-H,
    Actually if you are in Henrietta we are very close to one another: I'm in Brighton just off W Henrietta Rd. As far as reading, I don't get to doing it very much nowadays, 2 Little ones at home, plus work, and our Star Wars group events keep me pretty busy but, I may be interested in checking it out or hearing about it from you sometime :). We have our meetings once a month, they are normally at the Monroe Community Hospital (one of our members lives there). If you would like to come join us some Sunday, I'm sure everyone would enjoy meeting you.

TD-027 (Duane)

P.S. I think the next meeting is either on Dec 12 or the 19th. Thanks---

10. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Hi Yes Welcome Tom here. My Wife (DarSolo) & I live just a few blocks from Dwayne. So Again VeryClose if you are interested in meeting up & carpooling to events. Just let us know. T

11. Darth_Hepaticus

Nov 30, 2004
    Well, unfortunately Sundays in December are going to be a rough month for me. However, if anyone is perhaps interested in getting together for coffee during the day, please let me know.

I saw that KOTOR 2 is out. I have KOTOR for PC, and I love it! I am hoping that KOTOR 2 is as good.

12. darth-ellen

darth-ellen Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2004
    Hi! I am new to this board and I am from the Rochester area.

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Welcome!
    I thought for sure I was the only SAHM who liked Star Wars since I was a little girl! This is so cool - I'm not alone anymore!

~Doc_Bev

14. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Hi & Welcome D-Ellen, ok Doc_Bev, I Have to ask what is SAHM?

15. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Tom,
    It is a Stay at Home Mom. C'mon man get caught up on your FLA's (Four Letter Acronym's). Anyway welcome Darth Ellen, hope to meet you sometime.

Duane

16. TS-042

TS-042 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    I was so thrilled to find a Star Wars org here in Rochester! I'm looking forward to finding out what's going on in the area. I've caught the 501st NE Garrison a couple times at cons in Mass but never knew about anything around here.

I'm a Star Wars, Trek, and general Sci-Fi fan with a recent interest in costuming. I finished my Spiderman for the last movie, I have a new Black Stealth Storm Trooper and I'm going to do a Jedi or X Wing pilot next.

---
    >Mike.<

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Welcome TS-042!!
    Well, we're thrilled to have you here!

Are you free on March 20th for the Village Gate Toy Show? I'd love to see that Black Stealth Stormtrooper in person! Plus that'll be our next meeting as well.

~Doc_Bev

18. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Hey Welcome! Yae A black Stormtrooper Would be cool!!!!!!!

19. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Hey TS-042,
    Welcome to the Rebellion, please come join us at the Village gate toyshow on the 20th, I'd love to see your Spec. Ops Armor. Are you 501st already? If no, are you interested in joining? Hope to see you there!

Duane M
    TD-027
    TD-2709
    Northeast Remnant
    501st Legion

20. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Welcome fellow SW, Sci Fi and Costume fan. Its great to have a new memeber. Lots of Costume opportunities coming up. You came to the right place.

21. JediMasterShawn

JediMasterShawn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    Greetings, oh exalted ones. I'm quite glad to have found this site. It's also good to know I'm not the only Star Wars fan around Rochester.

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Welcome JediMasterShawn!
    I'm glad you found our boards! You are definitely not the only SW fan around Rochester. :)
    If you're free - stop by the Village Gate Toy Show on Sunday and you can meet some of us. We're going to be combining this month's meeting with the Toy Show to save time. :)

~Doc_Bev

23. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Any new visitors stop by here that saw us at the Toys R Us?

A curious Wookiee would like to know...

24. MadPerry

MadPerry Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    i was there along with several other "scummers". i think you had the best costume, knightshade. whoever was vader looked sharp as well. duane's sandtrooper armor looked great. and i was impressed with the ingenuity of docbev's lightsaber.

25. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    Hello, I shall be moving to Rochester in early-mid May and am so happy to have found this group. Would love to hook up with any plans to see Ep. III with a group. It's much more fun. And to know there are SW fans in the area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.