main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Welcome to SW in Sacramento!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthRidiculous, Dec 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Now I know Why there's duct tape everywhere.

2. PaulaK

PaulaK Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2000
    It's not in the near future, but there are 2 star trek conventions in the area in Nov. & Feb. Sometimes there are Star Wars folks at ST conventions. I met Phil Brown, aka Uncle Owen, at the last ST convention in Pasadena, and Kenny Baker was at a ST convention in SF a few years ago. So consider going only if they have some SW folks. Even if the SW folks aren't talking, sometimes they have autograph tables. So, there is a ST, Xena, Sci-Fi convenion in San Jose on Nov. 10th & 11th. And then there is a ST convention in Sacramento next Feb. 2-3. Both are weekends. The web site for info is creationent.com. I'll be checking on them, and if I hear there are any SW folks, I'll log on and let you all know. And at the ST conventions I've gone to, there have been SW fans in costume who look great.

3. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    Auntie if you ever need a Side Kick for a convention let me know I'll go with you, I haven't been to one for years.

4. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    I think we should hold a get together for the Sacto/Area Jc..we could go to lunch or something...might be interesting.

5. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    We should definitely all get together!

If nothing else, sacul. You and me, -we're attending the next Star Trek convention in town. If I skimmed correctly, it looks like there's one at least every year. ST's good and all, but I bet there'll be some SW fun too.

A year from now we've got a new movie released. I would love to camp out in line like some of the folks did last time, but don't think I can do it. I would love to drop by and visit those that do though. I wonder if anyone has a plan to camp out at the Arden theater again.? It just seems we need to have some planning meetings at some point.

6. G-Dub

G-Dub Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2001
    Greetings Sac JC!

I'm brand new to the Forums, though I've been reading theforce.net for quite some time. So, I thought I'd see what's shaking here in Sac.

7. Jay

Jay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 1, 1998
    I came back from Norway, and Iceland, where the temerature was always between 40 and 65 or so, and I get off the plane in Sac, and its 103!!

8. G-Dub

G-Dub Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2001
    Jay, what were you doing in Iceland? Going from there to Davis has to be something like going from Hoth to Tatooine, no?

9. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    I thought I'd bring this to the top so it wouldn't get buried by all the new threads.

Hmm. This is the first time I've ever been in here, though I've been at the JC for three years. I'm a Rosevillian (until recently a Rocklinite). I knew Auntie & bright were from around the area. Nice to know there are a few of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.