main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Welcome to the 24 hours a day StarBucks!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Mar 25, 2002.

1. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    LOL, yes very true, that armor can "expand" to cover a lot! [face_laugh]

[image=http://acimg.auctivacommerce.com/imgdata/0/0/0/0/1/6/webimg/2893094.jpg]

~DZ

2. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    :( Compare the latex pic of Adrianne w/ that pic and there is nothing left to be said.

3. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Random Thought!

Mehinks Lucasfilm should stop trying to "force" (no pun intended. really.) a live action "dark times" star wars tv series and instead expand the clone wars animated show to a rebellion era companion series. Srsly. Ive seen the statues they've done of classic era characters, and they rock... c'mon George... Embrace the overzealous CGI love and just keep making more beautiful episodes...

Just sayin'.

-TJ

4. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    I've tried to watch the Clone Wars a few times and I just haven't been able to get into it.

On a side note - I find it a bit annoying that at Target at least, Clone Wars figures are $6.99 and Saga figures are $7.99. What's up with that?

5. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I have been watching the Season 1 collection, and overall have enjoyed the episodes. Most are passable, several are pretty good... a lot of my goodwill is in the name of the art style I admit, but I have heard it has consistently improved over time with the 2nd and soon to be 3rd seasons...

-TJ

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    There's nothing like the OT

7. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    i find your lack of faith in the prequels... disturbing.

-TJ;)

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
  9. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    -Grrrrronnnnnnk-

-TJ [face_whistling]

10. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Meeting minutes are posted for September.:D

11. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
  12. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Hey all

I'm probably the last person to start one, but I just started a blog at...

http://starwarsdaddy.wordpress.com

13. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    I'm excited to keep up with the blog, Bith. I like it!!

14. Leia1138

Jun 3, 2006
    How fun! And btw, I don't have a blog so you're not the last.

This means you'll probably have to grow to love the Clone Wars...and Jar Jar Binks! ;)

15. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I can think of worse things then Jar Jar Binks in the saga... like Han shooting second, Han's head jerking around with bad CGI (okay same thing), umpteen billion rereleases and other money grubbing tactics, Lucasfilm making an announcement at WonderCon that they will make an announcement at Comic Con and then at comic con announce more announcements at celebration, Hayden Christensen in anything but his angry/rage scenes... Jake Lloyd...so as for Jar Jar... I dunno. The gungan gets a bad rap. Without him, there would be no darth darth binks. Or emergency powers for the Chancellor. It was his DENSITY (sic).

-TJ

16. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Also, gratz on the blog. Keep it up.

17. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Thanks for the comments guys, all three of you so far are my audience :) and Tina, you must be psychic because I bought the Clone Wars Season 1 today.

18. Leia1138

Jun 3, 2006
    I actually didn't mind Jar Jar that much when I first saw epidose I, but a little of him goes a long way! He does seem to have more of an appeal for kids. Just seems like a lot of people don't like him, kinda like the ewoks in ROTJ!

19. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    I don't see the big fuss about Jar Jar either. Sure he's annoying at times, but I think there was a lot of jumping on the "We Hate Jar Jar" bandwagon by a lot of folks for no good reason other then it was the thing to do. Jar Jar is the crazy uncle of the SW family, and love him or hate him, he will always be a part of SW. I choose to embrace Jar Jar, I like his clumsy antics and his simple attitudes towards the events happening around him and I think he brings a level of comic relief to all the stuffy political talk in the prequels. Then again, I still watch cartoons and collect toys, so I guess something that was meant to appeal to kids will also appeal to me. I support the Binks, Oie Boie! ;)

~DZ

20. TheFandomMenace

TheFandomMenace Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2006
    Meesa Darth Darth Binks, and meesa approvie dis messy-age!

21. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Pretty funny mashup of the Town with Star Wars!

Star Wars Town

Oh yeah, in case you have been in a cave this past week, it was recently announced that Star Wars is going 3D! Estimated to hit theaters sometime in 2012 the Phantom Menace will be re-released in 3D with the other movies following in chronological order. According to the Lucas camp they are taking their time to do the conversion to 3D right so the movies don't end up looking like Clash of the Titans or the Last Airbender, both which were shot for 2D and had shotty 3D added to them later on. Anyway, I'm sure that the success or failure at the box office of the Episode 1 re-release in 3D will tell the tale if the others even get converted. Will have to wait a little while to see, but SW back on the big screen 3D or no 3D is always a good thing in my book! Nothing beats the magic of seeing them on the big screen the way they were meant to be seen.

~DZ

22. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    October minutes are posted. :D

I'm not kidding about Xanadu, Peeps. If you want to suggest something else, I need to hear about it soon. Otherwise, we are singing along to ON-J and ELO. (Read the minutes if you don't know what I'm talking about!)

23. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Fantastic... thank you for posting the minutes! It's really heartening to hear so many good things are building up again for the group... and don't forget, we've got the "awesome" prospect of looking forward to all the films in the 3-D (camping any line, anyone?) in the coming year(s)... ;)

-TJ

24. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Happy Halloween everyone!!!

Finished my pumpkins last night, a Stormtrooper for obvious reasons and "Blizzard Squadron" (the AT-AT's) from ESB!!! I think they both turned out alright, given that I use the "pumpkin cutter" to do all my carving, no fancy smancy carving tools for me! ;)

2010 Halloween Pumpkins!!!

~DZ

25. Leia1138

Jun 3, 2006
    Great pumpkins!