main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You can also click on the 'Inbox' tab. Once you get there the option to start a conversation is in the upper right hand corner. You can also have more than one other user in a conversation. (I think the limit might be 5 for regular users.)

2. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks, Grimby. :)

3. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    How do you move up in Jedi rank, right now I am a Jedi Knight. What determines how I become a Master, Grand Master, and Force Ghost?

4. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Simply keep posting and you move up automatically:)

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Currently, it's based on your trophy points.

6. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    More info can be found here.

7. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    oops my bad.
    I thought it had to do with posting because when I came back here I was a Jedi knight then after a few days of posting I moved to Jedi Master and so on, but I guess it was because I was getting trophy points.

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, there are a lot of trophy points for posting, so in a way you're correct.

9. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    ...from a "certain point of view", yes, I am. :p

Thanks for pointing that out:)

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Right, and you can't get likes either unless you post.

benknobi1 likes this.
  11. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Thanks guys

benknobi1 likes this.
  12. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I have some questions about the conversations thing. I note that conversations can be between more than one person, which is great for fanfic writers with lots of followers. Where it says "Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others" if I don't tick it can I still add people myself? Also, if I tick "Lock conversation (no responses will be allowed)" can I still send messages or does it just stop others from doing so?

Sorry if this has already been asked.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My trophy point counter seems to have broken. Not sure I am concerned with the points as much as the malfunction. I haven't recieved a single point in nearly 2 months, regardless of how many 'likes' or 'milestone posts' I have recieved. Not sure if this is news. Tune in at 11.

14. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yes. It governs whether or not anyone besides the original sender can add members. Also a moderator might be able to override that, I haven't tested it.
    The entire conversation locks. You would have to start a new conversation to send additional messages.

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I hate this search engine, especially when trying to find threads from before the move.

Could we bring back the specialized Google search for the forums? That was so much better.

16. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I have been having troubles with the site for the past three days. It has been loading excessively slowly. When I try to enter threads, it either takes several minutes to load, or will not load at all, or it will redirect me to the Board menu. I haven't seen other people with this problem, so I was wondering if I was alone and it was my system screwing up, or if there have been other instances of this happening recently.

EDIT. Has the wait time between posts always been five minutes? Something is definitely up.

17. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I had the same problem back when I first came back to JCF after the Ep VII news broke (it lasted a few weeks, too), but it hasn't popped up since then.

18. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    This is weird, but in the last twenty minutes, it stopped screwing up for me. Seriously?

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    As I said in your other thread, things were slow for me around 7-8PM UK time last night as well. Seems better this morning.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My trophy points query... hello... [face_not_talking]

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Mine has plateaued as well. I think the next time I get points is if I get 250 likes. You can see a list of the points here in the Help section.

22. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Can you be more specific as to what the problem is? Or is it that you just don't like how it works?

23. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Honestly, in my opinion a site based search is a lot more effective than a google one, especially if its configurable, and there's a browser search plugin available (which, that wouldn't be a bad idea if there isn't one already).

24. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Maybe we could have both?

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  25. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    You already can. Its quite easy to do it yourself.