main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What´s the best track in AOTC CD? **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Coruscant_Citizen, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam

Sam Jedi Master star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    I have to say I love the begining of "Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale".
    But the best track has to be Jango's Escape.
    I just love the whole pieace whereas
    the others arn't as good the whole way thru.
    I think they're all great, don't get me wrong, but I just Love Jango's Escape.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah Jango's Escape rocks. I really love Williams' action music.

3. Darth Arash

Darth Arash Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    i still haven't heard "On the Conveyor Belt" and I don't want to spend another 15 bucks on a soundtrack for just one song.

4. niu354

niu354 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    First of all I love Across the Stars, but I can't choose that track because there are parts of it all over the soundtrack.

The finale is my favortie, and here is why. It's one of the few tracks where you know exactly what scene is going with the music. You'll be suprised how often a soundtrack will mislead. Since the end credits start in the middle of this track, it's easily to tell EXACTLY what's going on at every second.

I can see and feel Palpatine watching the troops marching, and also during the wedding.
    It helps even more that I've read the book, so I have a picture in my head, and now the music to go with it.

I'm not into chick flicks or romance movies (usually), but I'm a sucker for this whole Anakin and Padme thing. Hopefully I won't cry at the end...LOL!!

5. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    "i still haven't heard "On the Conveyor Belt" and I don't want to spend another 15 bucks on a soundtrack for just one song."

If you've seen some of the AOTC commercials, chances are you've heard the best parts of that track already. It's used in a majority of the TV spots.

6. XackAttack

XackAttack Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    I'd say either the Confrontation With The Count or Love Theme. I was surprised to hear the Imperial March also. That completley took me off guard.

7. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Me too.

8. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    When I first heard that the Imperial March was going to be in the soundtrack, I didn't know where, and I thought it'd be a subtle version of it.

Following instinct, I immediately went to Confrontation with Dooku and Finale long ago when I burned it. ;) I was shocked at the level of Imperial March. It was great :)

I also think that the End Credits (which are often my favorite pieces in the soundtracks), for AOTC are the best out of any of the films. Most emotional. I love how it goes from the military march to ATS, then fades into harp, and Anakin's theme, and fades out.

Fantastic!

EDIT: ANd I forgot to comment on "On the Conveyer Belt". Very cool piece of action music. Fast paced and continuous. Sounds very...insect-like. Reminiscient of ROTJ.

9. Turkilma

Turkilma Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2001
    "On the Conveyer Belt" is great !!!
    Some people don´t like it but since I´ve seen the commercials I really fell in love with that track (& the rest of the soundtrack) !

10. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    It's an EXTREMELY tough call, it's all so wonderful (my favorite SW soundtrack, and saying it's better than Empire is praise indeed), but I'd have to say either "Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale" or "Return to Tattooine," both of which were very chilling. "Confrontation" got me more excited about the movie than any of the trailers, actually...

-Paul

11. pianoman02045

pianoman02045 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    I would say Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale and the Love theme. I think it will work great with the film. However i do hafta say i dislike the electric guitar, but maybe something happens right at that moment when it comes in??? who knows

12. The Flying Dutchman

The Flying Dutchman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    I don't want to. The titles aren't really spoilers but the booklet is! Man how could they do that. Most likely they thought after the mess up with TPM titles they should now go after the booklet. D'oh... Anyway I like the last part of the bonustrack On the Conveyor Belt

13. Cerebrum

Cerebrum Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2002
    I think that On The Conveyor Belt is really cool. Near the beginning it's really lively.

I've fallen in love with the CD [face_love].

14. Dayda_Amidala

Dayda_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    I too have fallen in love with this cd! [face_love] I love every song on it. Some of my favorites are:
    ~The Love Theme
    ~On the Conveyer Belt (love the end!)
    ~The Meadow Picnic (very "happy" and fun to listen to)
    ~The Finale (for all the reasons stated in the above posts)
    ~ and The Arena
    The rest are great too, but these are the tracks I find myself skipping to the most.

15. stecm

stecm Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2002
    Across the Stars and Confrontation with Count Dooku

16. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I like Zam the Assasain( and the guitar riff in it).

The conveyor belt one is cool too...

17. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    'Across the Stars'. Very powerful, and very well written. I love it.

Even though Dagsy makes fun of me for it...

:(

18. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Not counting "Love Theme from Star Wars: Episode II" (I don't like to count concert arrangements when we're talking about favorite tracks from a CD), here is my top 3:

"Love Pledge and the Arena": A memorable performance of the love theme is followed by the sequel to one of my favorite Williams action cues, "Belly of the Steel Beast" (from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade).

"Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale": An awe-inspiring angelic female choir, the first full performance of the Imperial March in the prequels, a powerful performance of the love theme fading into the end credits, and a brief, but memorable rendition of Anakin's theme are all rolled into one awesome track.

"The Meadow Picnic": I love the little pastoral motif, and that happy performance of the love theme as Padme is seen running through the hills is just gorgeous.

19. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Definitely "Bounty Hunter's Pursuit", followed by a tie between "Anakin & Padmé" & "Yoda & the Younglings".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.