main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What after Indy?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by LeeKenobi, Sep 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    After Eppy. III there will be Indy IV.

Then what?

I'd personally like to see another fantasy film, like 'Willow'.

2. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Rambo IV.

;)

3. Droid_Runner

Droid_Runner Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    I read that Lucas is thinking about doing something on the small screen after EpIII and IndyIV are done.

I been dreaming that he might do a series in the SW univese - like back in the earlier Republic, when Yoda was much younger and training great Jedi knights.

That would rock, for sure!

(Besides - my favorite series, Farscape, is ending next year sometime. We NEED another cool sci-fi series that 'pushes' the envelope!)

4. sith_sovereign

sith_sovereign Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2002
  5. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    No offense, but a Star Wars TV series is not what he's talking about. That would just cheapen the franchise. Lucas says he wants to do something other than Star Wars. He told Carrie Fisher on her show that he was developing a project for TV that was set in Ancient Rome. He also says that he plans on doing smaller, more personal stuff like American Graffiti and THX-1138.

6. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    A TV series set in the GFFA probably wouldn't be so bad. Look at Stargate SG-1, which is, IMHO the best spin-off series from a film that's currently running on television today.

TV shows are becoming more film-like every year.

7. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I agree James. TV isn't considered of lesser value than movies. Not anymore. Not necessairly. Many big movie stars have co-starred on TV recently, for one, Brad Pitt. The two are very much connected now, due to the interent. A SW TV series would not cheapen the franchise. It would keep it alive and well. But personally, I'd rather see a new movie than a TV series...although I wouldn't mind watching SW consistently every week. :)

8. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    I would also like to count the TV show Band of Brothers, which compliments Saving Private Ryan to a great extent.

9. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    A TV show(Star Wars or otherwise) could be good, but I'd rather see Lucas focus his efforts on good NEW movies. No more sequels...no Willow, no Star Wars, no Indiana Jones, nothing! I'm hoping for something truly original, like THX-1138 and American Graffiti and the first Star Wars movie. Lucas is capable of great things. I hope he doesn't waste his remaining years on more sequels.

10. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I want him to make the weird indie flicks like he said he liked to do back in college.

Rick McCallum loves you!

11. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    Yes, Lucas needs to do something very original. He needs to silence his critics who believe he is living off Star Wars and Indy movies.

12. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    He's living off of Star Wars because he can. I love Star Wars and don't ever want material from the franchise to stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.