main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What book are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Jedi_Natalie, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I've done this before but its been a while. So what book is everyone reading right now?

I'm still reading Remnant but I'm almost finished! I've got all these books on my bookshelf I can't wait to get to.

2. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Cracking the GMAT

3. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    I am still reading last month's book, Time Enough for Love. I am gonna try to get Prisoner of Askaban on tape and listen to it on my way up there next month.

4. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Against All Enemies -- Richard Clark. Got it about a month or two ago, but have just now gotten a chance to start it.

5. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I got halfway thru Time Enough for Love by Heinlein and Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula leGuin. I never seem to have enough time to finish a book for fun. I'll muggle thru Prisoner of Azkaban in time for the May meeting. ;)

6. Blackdog

Blackdog Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2003
    I've not read any books since I finished the NJO books. I even put The DaVinnci Code on the backburner.

7. JUMPMASTER_REVAN

JUMPMASTER_REVAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2004
    Currently reading To Hell and Back by Audie Murphy (for the second time), Jedi Eclipse (not very far along in the series yet), and Reagan: In His Own Hand. I have read all the Harry Potter books (the last one I finished in 3 days) so I am really upset I can't be at the meeting to discuss HP&tPoA.

8. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Thats to bad you can't make the meeting this time around. Maybe we could all get together for the June 4th release of Harry Potter since it will be Friday it might be easier for people to meet.

9. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    I plan on being there for Harry Potter. Briar Creek ok for everyone?

10. Anakin_Solo06

Anakin_Solo06 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2004
    I don't know about everyone else, but that works for me. Seeing how I am only 10 minutes away from there.

11. JUMPMASTER_REVAN

Apr 14, 2004
    That's sounds like a great idea!!

12. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Sounds like a plan then :) .

13. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I've dumped all fun reading I had planned to absorb "What Color is Your Parachute?" by Richard N. Bolles, probably the best job-hunting book in the world.

14. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    I finished Remnant!!

Ok choices choices choices...what to read next? I have so many unread books. I'm thinking about taking a break from Star Wars even though I'm so behind. I might go ahead and read the second Dune prequel book House Harkonnen. Yah that sounds good :) . I read House Atreides 2 years ago and the whole Dune series 2 years before that. So its taking me a while to get through them...another series that comes out with more books than I have time to read.

15. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Well I just finished reading House Harkonnen and it was an awesome book!!!!!

So now I have decided to go back to the New Jedi Order and read the second Force Heretic book Refugee. Its been a long time since I have done this but I finished it in one day.

I also bought Cestus Deception so will read that eventually but want to read Shatterpoint first.

Now I think I will read the last in the Force Heretic trilogy Reunion. There are only 3 books left in the NJO so I might push to finish the series. I heard they are going to write some books that come post NJO so that should be pretty interesting.

I also read a long time ago the first 2 Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy books and now I think I will get back and read a couple more of them.

Ahhh the joys of reading :p .

16. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Andrew have you started Morevi yet? I'm probably not going to start it for another month or so but I looked up the reviews on amazon.com and everyone says it is a great novel.

17. Anakin_Solo06

Anakin_Solo06 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2004
    I been trying to read some of Morevi so far, but being busy with work and everything all I have gotten through so far is the Prologue, but even that was great to read. Hopefully I should have this book read soon enough.

18. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    I am still trying to finish "Time Enough for Love". After that I think I am going to tackle "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"

19. JUMPMASTER_REVAN

Apr 14, 2004
    Harry Potter, Book 5 reads really fast, but that could also be because I am a dork.
    I am still finishing up Reagan: In His Own Hand. Great book, but I get so mad reading it. So much common sense you know??

Anyhow, I have also started Using the Force. It's a book by Will Booker, an English bloke who writes short chapters about different types of SW fans. He doesn't make fun of them without looking back on himself, because he loves SW as well.

20. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Ooooh I have that book! Though I think I have only read a couple chapters of it. I have this policy that if I go into a used book store and find a Star Wars book that I don't have I buy it. The copy I have is pretty old.

I can't wait to finish reading Force Heretics III: Reunion. Then I think I will pick up Team of Darkness that I got at ConCarolinas (autographed by the author). Its a dark fantasy so it should be different than my usual read.

21. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Third tuesday of July is the next "Fan Force book discussion." at 7PM at Briar Creek Barnes and Noble.
    I, Robot by Isaac Asimov is the book, with dinner at Uno's Pizzaria afterwards. I've cleared it with Lori and she'll get it on their next newsletter, and this time it includes "Star Wars Fan Force and sci-fi book club, " so we don't get just the deep scifi people. ;)

22. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I went to Barnes and Noble and came back with the first three Harry Potter books.

So right now I'm reading Harry Potter and the Sorcer's Stone and then on up the line of books.

23. JUMPMASTER_REVAN

Apr 14, 2004
    Jedi Nat:
    What do you think of Using the Force so far?

24. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    I'm afraid its been a few years since I have read it. It is sitting on my bookshelf at my dads.

What do you think of it?

25. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Don is it the third Tuesday or third Monday?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.