main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What did you like about what you hate?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sturm Antilles, Oct 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I thought it'd be neat and actually positive for everyone to say what they liked about a certain piece of the EU that they hated. If you can't think of a single thing to your most hated story, think of something from your second most hated piece of fiction...

I'll start.

The New Rebellion.

I liked Smuggler's Run. Kueller's mask. The idea behind Cole Fardreamer, and the names that Kristine Rusch came up with for the characters and planets.

Ghengis - I'm looking forward to your Thrawn trilogy comments. :)

Val - Like me, you don't necessarily "hate" anything SW, but just choose your "least-favorite".

2. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Hmm, a toughie.

There really isn't anything good about POT.

3. Yuuzhan_Commando

Yuuzhan_Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2001
    Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

The transport vehicle, yuzzums, luke trying to peep at Leia... thats it. otherwise it stank like the stuff in the back of my fridge, I think I hear breathing and I can't find my leftovers

4. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Glove of Darth Vader: Mofferences and Moffships.. ;)

5. Yuuzhan_Commando

Yuuzhan_Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2001
    those books were completely cannon

6. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Come on Rebecca. :) Anything...What about the strengthening of Leia's character? By the end of the story, she was ready to kick some ass. I thought that the training scenes with her and Callista were good.

7. ForceAlly

ForceAlly Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    Galaxy of Fears, that beat Glove of Vader by zombies and cannibal planet :eek:

8. Galleon

Galleon Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    There was nothing good in the Bounty Hunter Wars or the Black Fleet Crises,
    Leia was portrayed well in PoT, I liked certain parts of Crystal Star.
    There are a few things I like about NJO in general but very few, such as the polytheistic theology of the Vong, and some of the newer characters, Unfortunately there is a lot more things I hate then I like.

9. 181st Fighter Wing

181st Fighter Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2000
    Vector Prime: They finally killed someone major.

Rogue Planet: Sienar and Tarkin.

The Crystal Star: It ended.

10. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    The Crystal Star: The parts with the Solo kids were cute. But everything else sucked. Especially Waru.

11. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Planet of Kadril...

There's a lot of pleasure derived from seeing Darth Vader portrayed as a one dimensional, moustache twisting bad guy. Kind of why he's so much fun in A New Hope! It's so laughably funny. He's like a Saterday Morning cartoon bad guy in this comic strip!

Crimson Empire I

...The new Sith backstory behind Carnor Jax has made me see this series in an entirely different light. I still don't like it, but that's the new positive element of it. There's something darker, and older behind all the events. Adds a new level to Crimson Empire II as well. The fact that the Sith almost made contact with Nom Anor and the Yuzzhan Vong is kinda scary! And the fact that no one knows about it, not even the half the Empire!

12. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    BHW: say what you will, it had Boba Fett.

13. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Planet of Twilight:

I liked the fact that Leia had a lightsaber. We rarely see her actually training to be a Jedi..and while the brief duels with Callista can't really be considered official training, it's still nice to see her embracing her past.

I also liked that Luke finally let go of the most horrible thing to happen to him since getting his hand cut off...Callista.

JMA

14. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    Pot-the droches, despite the ridiculous pun, scared me more than any sith lords.

balance point-leia got chopped up

15. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    In the Black Fleet Crisis, I liked the way Kube-McDowell wrote about the workings of the fleet. One of the opening scenes, where the fleet is practicing, and they talk about the sound of the engine and stuff, that was cool. Everything else was pretty lousy.

Face Loran

Oh yeah, that scene with the Recon-X's was pretty cool, too.

16. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Now I didn't "hate" Ruin, but I didn't like it that much compared to others.

Corran's duel with Shedao Shai - payback for Elegos.

Ganner's wake up call - getting a scar to snap him out of snooty attitude.

Pelleaon and the Remnant - Imperial's and former Rebel's fighting side by side. Great space battles.

:D

17. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Courtship of Princess Leia: I liked how it came in an affordable paper back version. If I had actually spend more than six dollars on that "novel" I might've cried.

18. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I hated the resurrected Emperor in DE and DE II.

What I loved, the chills it gave me when I read about Luke's evolvement, and the Jedi lore. It had such mystique, better than any book. It was dark. And the Tales of the Jedi that came out of it.

19. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Let me continue with more...

The Holiday Special.

It gave us Boba Fett. In fact, one of the coolest portrayals I've ever seen of him. And I love the voice actor they used.

"The ship you seek is nearby."

20. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    The Crystal Star: It has one of the best cover arts.

21. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Darksaber: Kyp is an almost likable character in this one. Callista leaves for (almost) good.

22. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    As much as I hate the Bounty Hunter Wars I have to admit they have great cover art.

23. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Visions of the Future= I liked the Wedge Corran team. They really had some great lines in that book.

Crystal Star= I liked the display of Anakin's power, and Han's old friend Xaverri.

24. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    The Crystal Star: Luke said "Dammit!" I thought it was awesome that a main character even said anything remotely close to a curse word. Then again I was probably around 12 or 13 when the book came out. ahhh, those were the days. Other than that, Crystal Star was EVIL!!!!

Jae Angel

25. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    In COTJ, that song that the characters remember. It was pretty cool. And the Solo kids were cute (what little we saw of them).

Everything else- yech!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.