main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What duels would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Grievous should just hang up on him.

DavidIX and Super_Battle_Droid like this.
  2. SlivaSum

SlivaSum Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2013
    I would like to see some Jedi sparring duel in Temple, for example between Obi-wan and Windu..mosty that one ;p, final Obi/ Maul duel, with Darth's death. I think we should also have to see Plo Koon fighting against someone. Btw, its my first post here, so hello everyone ;)

Valairy Scot and DavidIX like this.
  3. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Mace vs. Dooku by far. Arguably the single greatest missed opportunity thus far. Inexcusable.

Distant runners-up include Dooku vs. Maul, Mace vs. someone, anyone, for the love of God, and more use of Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  4. aldrestjedimaster

aldrestjedimaster Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    I want to see Maul vs Dooku and Anakin vs Viszla.

5. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    1. Yoda Vs. Maul
    2. Savage Vs. Grievous
    3. Yoda Vs. Mace (Practice Session)

6. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Windu vs Dooku just has to happen, this series is the last chance for this and both these held very high respect for each other when Dooku was still a Jedi - infact Dooku was one of the very few to be quite equal in power to Windu. The battle would be a great example of force but saber skill and during the battle I'm sure various words could be exchanged....

Plo vs someone (Grievous and/or Dooku), Plo vs Grievous would be great, there was a missed chance in S04e06 with the R2D2/C3PO arc where Plo could've helped Gallia fend of Grievous, instead Grievous just disappeared, I felt that was a missed chance. Plo vs Dooku would be great simply because of their connections to Qui-Gon - and given the fact that Plo and Qui-Gon were padawans to Tyvokka and Dooku respectively and the 4 were apparently quite close. When facing Dooku tho, Plo may have help from another Jedi such as Fisto or Ki-Adi Mundi. Again, Dooku vs other current council members would be great.

Yoda vs Dooku, probably another stalemate-ish battle, would be good to see further conversation between both and Yoda proding as to why he fell to the dark side and if there were any redeeming qualities at all...

Tiin, Kolar vs Grievous. Could be done be done when they perhaps make it that they are chasing Grievous while he's trying to escape after capturing Palpatine, these battles could be done thru coruscant roof tops, maglevs, etc, quite fitting to have it be these guys given that they are later the same guys who face and are killed by Palpatine in ROTS

Mace vs Grievous. Same as above, in pursuit of Grievous and it would link in nicely with Mace's words about grievous "will run and hide as he always does...he is a coward".

Well, also now with Maul's arrival, Dooku vs Maul would be great for obvious reasons, with Maul fighting his "replacement" and Dooku battling the killer of his former padawan.

Maul vs other jedi such as Anakin, Mace, Plo Koon, etc, lots of opportunities there that ppl have been wondering about since days of Episode I and what could've been, now there is the chance to do it.

7. Cad Carnage

Jan 22, 2013
    This, I don't care if it's Sidious, Dooku, Grievous, Maul, Savage, or Asajj, just make it happen.

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Plo vs. Sidious?? He'd get owned, but I can definitely see him putting up a good fight against any of the others.

9. Cad Carnage

Jan 22, 2013
    Yes he would get owned, and he does have to live until Order 66 so it's probably not the best match up. I was just making a point that I badly want to see Plo Koon in a lightsaber duel.

10. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Oh yeah me too, he's one of the Jedi I mostly wanna see in a duel.

Cad Carnage likes this.
  11. Cad Carnage

Jan 22, 2013
    For sure, I can't believe I forgot to mention him in my first post.

Also I know Yoda would own Maul, but I still think it would be cool to see. Show him toying with Maul like when he took Asajj's lighstsabers and then gave them back to her.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  12. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Mace vs Dooks for sure.
    Ayala Secura vs Assaj Ventress (gotta find a use for all these lotion bottles we all have hoarded up ;) )
    Bultar Swan vs someone
    Sia-Lan Wezz vs someone

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Savage's ghost against Qui Gon's ghost

Or even better, Ghost Savage versus Ghost Adi Gallia: THE REMATCH

14. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Windu's Posse vs. Dooku & Grievous

15. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Anakin vs well anyone that isn't Dooku.
    Dooku and Grevious team up would be cool.
    Windu and Yoda need atleast one duel each.

16. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Maul vs Dooku
    Mace vs just about anyone. He needs A good fight. (and he needs to win it)

Sitara and Sable_Hart like this.
  17. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'd just like to see Dooku vs. NOT Anakin.

Dooku vs. Windu (really want)
    Dooku vs. Maul (really want)
    Dooku vs. Obi-Wan 1v1 (really want)
    Dooku vs. Sidious (Dooku gets put in his place)
    Dooku vs. Asajj (Asajj is killed)
    Dooku vs. anyone that isn't Anakin

Maul vs. Anakin

Asajj (since her semi-redemption) vs. Anakin

Grievous vs. somebody - anybody - and he kills his opponent.
    Grievous vs. a top member of the Council like Yoda or Windu and having to display some degree of intelligence to get out alive.

The only problem I see with Mace vs. Dooku is that if it's not one sided in favor of Mace, it could make things awkward that Sidious was over powered by Mace while Dooku managed to hold his ground.

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    They explained all the Anakin Dooku duels in the Rako Hardeen arc commentary on the Blu Ray. They're supposed to be milestones to test Anakin's abilities and see if he's ready to replace Dooku. The whole arc was about bringing Anakin over towards the dark side, but told from Obi Wan's perspective.

19. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Could you provide specifics? This sounds awesome.

20. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    I want a duel where we see one of the combatants die, there have been far too few of those in this show.

Eeth Koth, it's your turn to shine.

Sitara likes this.
  21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    This is why I really wish they develop Dooku and explain what is going on from his point of view. Does he know that he's being used to test Anakin or from his pov is it just coincidence that they are crossing paths? Does he know and just allow himself to come across as being oblivious as a means of not allowing Sidious to know that he's on to him?

I know the novelization goes with the idea that Dooku is on board with the idea of turning Anakin because he sees Anakin as necessary to their plans. Even if Lucas and Filoni are going with that explanation, I wish they would just articulate that idea in the show itself.

Otherwise it just looks like Dooku should be fully aware that Sidious is grooming Anakin to turn to the dark side and be Dooku's replacement, and yet Dooku just goes along with it.

It would make more sense for Dooku to want to kill Anakin ASAP to thwart Sidious' plan to replace Dooku, or to emphasize that Dooku is on board with turning Anakin.

22. LadyTila

LadyTila Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2010
    Anakin vs Maul would be awesome coz i want to see tqo equals in a fight.

23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    How the hell are they equal? Maul's so pathetic.

CT-867-5309 and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Cause they are just as powerful as each other,

Sitara likes this.
  25. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Must... Resist...

Oh hell, "Maul is half the man Anakin is."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.