main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What floats your boat???

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Yamaro, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yamaro

Yamaro Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2008
    Greetings fellow travellers.

My apologies if this is already somewhere else in this forum, but.....

I was curious to know what everybody was into with regards to Star Wars.

Personally I like anything affiliated with Star Wars - especially if it involves Yoda!

I have started up my collection a couple of years ago by buying Lego sets through Ebay and then just started to buy anything with the Star Wars logo on it. Unfortunately due to space I cant show anything off and it is all boxed and up in the loft. Doh!

I'm also into computer games as it is my way of actually being there!

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Love the movies, and that's about it. Don't like EU

But I like making FanFilms :)

3. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    I'm completely obsessed with the films, of course. I really like some of the EU but don't usually have time to read, grrrrr. Also a big fan of Legos!
    I'd really like to get more into costuming, but again don't have time. I have a jedi costume and a custom lightsaber, and plans for another...but who knows if I'll actually get around to it.

Oh, and my ultimate goal is to perfect my lightsaber skills!

4. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Mostly a huge EU fan, though I love the movies as much as the next man. Like the novels, comics and video games. Bit of a tech geek, and a lapsed fanfic writer. Not majorly into costuming, but have tried it a few times and had a good laugh when I have, and I enjoy working together with costuming groups raising charity money at events and conventions.

5. Yamaro

Yamaro Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2008
    Thanks for the response people.

I have got 57 items of Lego from a Millenium Falcon down to keyrings and collecting them really kick started my enthusiasm again. Not really ventured too much into EU (aside the computer games) I have a few novels but I haven't read them (yet) and as for the costuming I'm too tall to go as Yoda to anything so my back up choice would be a Biker Scout, but I've not done anything about it and just admire and respect those that do. Maybe one day! My kids have got some lightsabers from a couple of years ago that they quite frequently destroy the house or each other with! I would love to be able to use one properly, especially as I have an interest in samurai of which GL based the Jedi on so it all slots together nicely.

Maybe 4nak1n1138 should set up a school for us all to learn! If we can have a Church of the Jedi then we can certainly have a School of the Lightsaber.

6. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    i love anything star wars! but i prefer meeting fellow star wars enthusiasts and costuming :)

7. Dar_manda

Dar_manda Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2007
    Two words, Canderous Ordo [face_love] the guy.

I personally wanna do the costuming thing, paired lightsabers, as a KotOR era grey knight.

8. lowri1202

lowri1202 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2008
    anything to do with star wars is awesome in my books

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.