main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN What has to happen in Episode III

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Obi-Wanabe, Oct 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    What I'd like to see, which I think would work perfectly, and if given the chance, I'd leave on a post-it note on GL's rough draft....

1. Yoda's powerful, but he isn't the chosen one....Anakin is unstoppably powerful. He is the freakin' walking talking Ark of the Covenent. This is a problem for everyone...the Council, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and last but not least, Palpatine. This is why Yoda & Obi-Wan hide, this is why the Jedi Order is wiped out, this is why Palpatine needs a tighter leash around his attack dog...more on that in a sec.

2. Anakin knows Padme's pregnant, and they both go on and on about how great it will be to finally have a family (maybe they've been trying for a couple years already). Most of the cut Padme/Family scenes in Ep2 were about Padme's desire to start a family if I remember correctly, so that's already built in...Anakin would look forward to being the father he never had. He expresses his joy to Obi-Wan in that he'd like his child to become a Jedi. "Your father wanted you to have this...."

3. However it happens, Dooku & Anakin will duel again (maybe even in the presence of Sidious). Anakin wipes the floor with the Dookster, killing him and maintaining the rule of two. I don't think his journey to the darkside will be complete at this point, there's still too much of the good Anakin fighting the internal struggle, but he's unofficially the new Sith at this point. Palps needs something to help push him completely over the edge (pun intended). Obi-Wan is made the patzy, and yet another assasination attempt is arranged on Padme.

4. Sometime before Obi-Wan Vs Anakin, the Clone Wars will be over and Palpatine will forget to give back control of the Senate. A collective sentorial "I've got a bad feeling about this." is heard.

5. The belief that his unborn child is dead is the ultimate trigger sending Anakin to the darkside. Obi-Wan is confronting Anakin in an effort to save him from the darkside, only to get blindsided by the acusation that he had something to do with Anakin's family's death (Padme & child). They fight. This is all a dog a pony show construed by Palpatine. Obi-Wan gives Anakin a run for his money, but ultimately it will take some help (unbeknownst to him) from Palpatine. What's left of Anakin's broken body is coaxed into believing Obi-Wan defeated him ("I was but the learner..."), however Palps needs to have Vader under his thumb, and directing Anakin's rage towards Obi-Wan, in anyway he can, is probably the best way to do so.

6. It's unlikely we'll see a montage of the Jedi Purge, as it's been going on already via the Clone Wars. Mace will die by the hand of Darth Vader or a vengeful Boba Fett. How can a kid kill a Jedi, dunno, but I think with Sam Jackson & GL on the case, it will turn out cool. If Mace ends up fighting Vader, he'll be dispatched about as quickly as Jango was. Getting killed quickly by Vader isn't punkish.

7. Fanboys everywhere will cheer when some mishap occurs and C-3PO is demolished yet again, once he's repaired, a barely audible comment about having to reformat his memory will be mentioned, and continuity phreaks will sigh with relief. He is made to suffer, you know. ;)

Other misc stuff:
    a. I have a strong feeling that this one might open up in the middle of a battle, in space even. Don't know why, just do. There's only going to be the possibility of showing one Clone War battle, there's just too much needing to be done, but I think they could "catch everyone up" durning some fighting/strategizing scenes...I'm sure ILM will also want to take a crack at topping the Battle of Geonosis anyway.

b. Jar Jar's not going to die. Naboo will not degenerate into Dagobaugh. Having the two triologies connected doesn't mean everything and every storyline has to be tied up. It's a big universe, and the storyline focus just shifts.

c. We'll probably see the Palpy statue (from ROTJ SE) raised...probably on the remains of the Jedi Temple.

2. Jeru-Cha_Hesunn

Jeru-Cha_Hesunn Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2002
    Bravo, Sebulba... bravo. I couldn't agree with you more. But one thing has always knida bugged me... does Anakin HAVE to battle Obi-Wan? That does seem to be a very logical route to take... but I'm not sure that's the only avenue. As you said, it's a big universe. However, I don't completely agree with you about Windu's-death.

Seeing as Sam Jack has a lot of star-power and Mace Windu is the Jedi order's number two (and overall BEST lightsaber combatant with the controversial Form VII), Windu will go down in a not-too-big-and-yet-not-too-small lightsaber duel with someone (I, personally, would like to see Windu vs. Dooku).

Sam Jack will go down, indeed. He'll go down whoopin' some serious @$$ and it will be a duel long remembered. But I'm just not really sure Obi-Wan and Anakin will go at it, though. I mean, with GL, you can never tell, it's 50/50... but I just don't think it's gonna happen... unless that's officially the way it goes.

3. Jeru-Cha_Hesunn

Sep 23, 2002
    P.S. How do I sign up to become an Indy Knight?

4. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Vader and Obi Wan must duel. We already know that Vader is scarred and in an Iron Lung suit because he falls into a lava pit while dueling with Obi Wan. To change that would be really stupid on Lucas' part.

5. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Master star 3

May 30, 2002
    Anakin and Obi-wan will duel, on screen. We've been waiting for this shoe to drop since the last time they fought, in Episode IV.

GL has said that we will see Vader in costume, at the end of the film.

Jorg Sacul will take Yoda and Obi-wan to safety. (conjecture)

6. TK-616

TK-616 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I will kick GL in the shin and have an action figure sculped depicting me smashing him with a baseball bat because he left out key details in EP3.

Fans will cry.
    I will laugh.

7. Jeru-Cha_Hesunn

Sep 23, 2002
    I don't know, I just can't take a duel with Anakin and Obi-Wan at face-value, simply because 99% of the fans want to see it on screen... I'd have to know it were official or if GL mentioned their duel actually happening before I have any real views on it. [face_plain] But what's the deal with the lava pit?

Episode III will reign supreme, though... that much is certain. I'm totally gonna geek out for it, too... I $#!+ you not. :D I have a really great lightsaber that I'm gonna take along and I'm gonna be in full costume. Belt, boots, robes, tunic and all, my Jedi gear will be a force (no pun intended) to be reckoned with.

8. Quag_Myr_Rumm

May 28, 2002
    Read the book Star Wars. They duel - period.

9. Jeru-Cha_Hesunn

Sep 23, 2002
    They do a lot of things in the books - period.

10. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I don't like EU, and I don't trust it for any info about the upcoming movie. Once GL is done with the series, then I might be more open to the idea of filling in the details outside of the film.

That said...they will duel. Rick McCallum alluded to it in the current insider. Ewan said during a red carpet interview on E! for AOTC that (paraphrasing) "Hayden and I know that we're going to go at it in the next one, so we'll be working hard [with Nick] getting ready for it".

AOTC builds up the tension between the master and padawan...ANH refers to their "last" meeting. They are going to fight, with light sabers (not space ships), and it will be shown on screen. I can't come up with any reason why they wouldn't fight (and have it make sense).

Will it be next to a volcano? Who knows...only GL I guess.

11. Quag_Myr_Rumm

May 28, 2002
    Vader is in an iron lung. When Luke removes Vader's helmet he is burned and scarred. He didn't get that way playing with matches. He didn't get that way from trying to save Tusken children in a burning dung heap. He didn't get that way by driving the lame bus into this thread. He is that way because he falls into a lava pit/flow while dueling with Obi Wan. When ANH came out in the 70's GL even said what happened to Vader. It is the same reason why we knew that Padme and Anakin had to get together. It's is the same reason why we know that Padme will have Anakins baby. It is not a flight of fancy or wishful thinking. It is what Lucas has previously ordained.

As it has been written, so shall it be done.

12. Noval

Noval Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2002
    Whoa, whoa there Quag...

You meant to say Padme is going to have Noval's babies. :D

13. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, we know they fight...the setting of which (lava, etc) is still very much up for grabs.

14. Jedi_Dad-1138

Jedi_Dad-1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    The new info just put out about how a Sith saber can cut thru a Jedi saber makes me think this will play a roll in the final duel. I would think that Anakin will give in to the dark side and kill Dooku. Obi Wan will loose his saber and use Dooku's. He and Anakin will fight and Obi Wan will cut through Anakins blade with the Sith saber. Why else would they bring up this little tid bit of info. I hope it dosent happen this way but I cant think of any other reason for this leak. I just want to see a great duel not a failing saber.

15. JediMasterDan

JediMasterDan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2001
    Where was that posted?

16. Jedi_Dad-1138

May 20, 2002
    Where was what posted? If you mean the saber thing. It was in Insider 62.

17. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Jedi-dad got it....it's just EU though, not a leak. It even says in the article that it had zero input from Nick Gillard.

18. Jedi_Dad-1138

May 20, 2002
    I must have missed that part. I thought they were letting this out to help explain away some possible plot holes.

19. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    From my understanding of the article, and I haven't read it in a while, they were attempting to bridge the fighting styles between the OT & PT, and explain (with what little info they have) why the jedi use blue & green blades vs. the sith only using red. The part about the sith blades goes something to the effect that a red blade is pretty unstable, not sure what a light saber meltdown would do, but I digress. With their darkside power, the sith can make the blade stable, and by doing so, it makes it more powerful than your run of the mill blue and green blades, to the point that it could 'break' them...which I took to mean, causing them to short out, not physically falling into two pieces.

Anyway, I don't think we'll see any blades breaking in Ep3...and the info in that article will probably have to be rewritten when the movie is completed anyway.

20. Noval

Jun 7, 2002
    So if the Sith blade can do what you are saying...is that the reason Kenobi's blade shorts out in A New Hope???

21. yodafett_77

yodafett_77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Shorts out? I must have missed that part... I know he shuts it down when he's facing Darth... but I don't remember it shorting out... (scratches head)

22. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Master star 3

May 30, 2002
    Noval, are you referring to the crappy rotoscoping, where we see the reflecting rod end on, rather than the glowing blade? It wasn't shorting out. Just poor sfx.

I can't believe they left that in the Special Eds. But then, I can't believe they did a lot of things.

Anakin and Obi-wan will duel. We'll see it. Asses will be kicked, names will be taken in Episode III.

23. Jedi_Dad-1138

May 20, 2002
    I didnt think it shorted out. I always though he just shut it off.

24. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    It really does look like it shorts out to me too. It's rather funny, actually.

25. Noval

Jun 7, 2002
    Jedi-Dad: He does shut it off.

Jorg: I'm just talking about when he gives a couple swipes to fend off Vader and the blade seems to thin out and it seems like his batteries are dead or something...lol. It might have just been the poor FX. It's one of those things I always noticed since I was little and I assumed the problem was how old Kenobi and his blade were and that it represented the diminishing of his powers.

Noval

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.