main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV What if? The RPG, 3 years from now

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Euxine, Mar 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    I am going to write a "What if" story here on the forums. It will be delivered in chunks when I get the time and/or inspiration to write.

At the end of each chunk I will ask for story/plot ideas but I will continue to write it.

2. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia Euxine looked out over the country side ignoring the smell of charred duracrete, soil and flesh. Her eerie light blue/grey eyes did not see the death and devastation surrounding her. They were unimportant; they chose their fate when they sided with the treasonous rebellion.

Axia's eyes narrowed slightly still scanning the countryside for...

There was the smallest fluctuation in the patterns of the force warning her that one of her formerly dispatched foes was not dead. He was lying on the ground some twenty meters away. The rebel, who was already dying and would not live long enough to see another dawn on this backwater world weakly lifted his blaster up and pulled the trigger.

Time slowed for Axia as she pulled on the Force to deflect the shot with her crimson-bladed lightsabre. With a brief and subtle flick of her wrist Axia deflected the bolt aiming it right back at the shooter.

Her aim was spoiled for the target had lowered his aim slightly in the time it took the bolt to travel from and back to the target.

The laser bolt, which would have reentered the barrel of the blaster, instead hit the power pack. The blaster and most of the rebel were disintegrated in the explosion.

Axia felt a small satisfied smile pull at the corner of her mouth. How many was that now? She had lost count years ago. Axia had begun to get a new tattoo with every death when she was younger but stopped at 33. Her most prominent tattoos were the ones that completely covered her left head tail and the ones circling her right eye. There were two others as well that held special distinction but no one knew about those and the tattoo artists were now dead but, they went out in style.

Actually there was one person that could identify where those tattoo where on her body and what they looked like. As with all interesting things, that was another story.

There was no echo from the explosion as the countryside on this planet was as flat as a sheet of flimsiplast. So it did not take long for silence to encapsulate the entire area again.

The silence was broken only by the pulsating hum of Axia and Petra's blood colored lightsabre blades. Petra was a human female with long blond hair and the same cool savagery in her eyes. She was Axia's partner and both women stood up from their slight crouch and disengaged their blades at the same time. There was no one left to pose a threat.

Petra and Axia turned to face one another abandoning their mutual defense of themselves and each other. Both held on to the hilts of their sabers finding comfort in the grip of their weapons.

?That was pathetic.? Petra spat.

?We knew this assignment was going to be easy, this cell was small and undisciplined.? Axia offered.

?Then why waste our skill here?? Petra asked.

Axia was reflective a moment looking out across the carnage. ?Perhaps there is more to this planet.?

Petra was about to respond when both women felt the disturbance at the same time. They turned in unison to see?

3. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    What do you think the women should see?

Do you want your character in the story? and what limits are imposed?

Please be serious as I'm trying to write a serious story.

4. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    The women should see 3 Rancors ridden by Force Witches!

Oh, and sure, you could put my character in your story (hopefully he's still alive 3 years from now). Um... stipulations, huh? Well, I should still be with MR-V1N, and in 3 years, we should be smugglers for hire (kinda like Han Solo before getting to Allderaan).

5. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Just how exactly are 3 force witches riding Rancors going to go unnoticed up until this point?

Need more suggestions people! Come on! This will be good.

6. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    ummm... they used Fallanassi magic to cloak themselves.

7. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    how about they see a wounded soldier, not quite dead, crawling towards them, one hand outstretched, clutching something in his fist?

8. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    Redd Dylar
    Bounty Hunter

He was good at his job, something inside seemed to aid him when he needed it, yet it pulled at him. Every job he did, something inside seemed to pull him in different directions and he couldnt seem to gain control over it.

Axia: hundreds of feet off you turn to see the ground itself give way, a nosie echo's from the newly formed pit. A large creature claws its way out and stares at them, the carnage about having awaked it from its slumber....

9. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    And now the continuation

Petra was about to respond when both women felt the disturbance at the same time. They turned in unison to see a wounded soldier, a weakened heartbeat away from death, crawling towards them, one hand outstretched, clutching something in his fist.

Petra raised her weapon to strike but Axia threw up her hand to stop the fatal and unnessary blow.

Axia crouched down to take whatever it was that the man was holding. It was covered in the man's blood making it hard to identify at first. The man collapsed as soon as his hand came into contact with Axia's. A last breath rattled from his lungs and he died.

The young Twi'lek woman stood up and looked at the device in her hand. It was a hologram emitter.

"You get more mystery objects than anyone I know." Petra observed.

"You don't know anyone else." Axia observed turning on the device.

It was a message from an older Twi?lek woman that Axia recognized immediately, her mother. The woman she had been searching for over three years.

The woman in the hologram had her head lowered as if she was resigned to the duty before her. Tira Euxine?s head came up to show a tear streaked face. ?Only the DNA from a Euxine, a true Euxine will activate this device. The only one left alive besides myself is you, Axia.?

Axia?s head stole a quick look at Petra, her mother was alive!

Axia didn?t notice the slightly concerned look in Petra?s eye or the way she unconsciously put her hand lightly to her neckline or even the fact that she had taken a few steps away from Axia.

The message continued. ?If it?s this message that you are listening to instead of me I have finally come to the right decision, or I should say?no, the right decision. The other decision, to come see you myself would have been made with my heart and not my head. This is the hardest decision I?ve ever made for it will cost me my daughter for the second time. The first time was to save my daughter, this time it will be to save myself from my daughter.?

Axia Euxine, a woman who had never cried in her 25 years of life felt a tear make it?s way down her face. ?mom.? She croaked pitifully.

The message was not done. ?You are evil Axia, as is Petra. It?s she that I blame mostly for your chosen path though the choice was yours. Your support of your partner is as admirable as it was unflinching. It was also the worst place that loyalty could have been placed. You may think me wrong so I will prove it to you. I know what you could never prove and what you took Petra?s word at.?

A chill ran down Axia?s spine for she knew what her mother was going to say.

?Petra Blackwing took that necklace from our house. I?ve seen images of the one she possesses and it belongs to our family. It?s a source of great power that she draws from. That woman is not your friend, I hope this message reaches you before you kill too many, may you find the light side of the force, and I will always love you?.? The message winked out leaving Axia holding the bloody holoprojector in one hand and the cool metal of the lightsabre in the other.

Axia turned to see Petra standing several feet away still clutching her neck with her lightsabre hilt still gripped in her other hand.

Axia?s blade leapt to life with the weapon?s customary snap-hiss as she put the holoprojector away and began to walk towards Petra.

Petra ignited her blade as well and waited. The only thing that bothered Petra was the fact that Axia said nothing. No outburst. No charge. No accusations. Nothing. Just a calm deliberate advance.

She did not have time to contemplate this however as Axia?s first attack came. It was powerful and full of anger and hate. Petra was able to counter the blow and deliver an attack of her own. It was equally powerful and just as masterfully parried. The two continued to land blow after blow upon one another?s blade, one attacking, one countering than back again.

The two women?s blades moving so quickly that anyone observing the fight would not have been able to follow it with any detail. Neither woma

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    If I didn't use your story ideas this time that doesn't mean I wont the next time.

So now what happens?

Do Axia and Petra continue thier fight despite the monster? Do they join force to dispatch the monster first? Any other ideas, Doe one of your characters suddenly come on the scene? If you dont tell me we wont know!

11. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    Redd approached the planet and entered the atmosphere. It was an easy job, grab the guy and collect my fee, he cant hide among those rebels forever. As he approaches he sees the ruins and realizes things might not be so easy.... As he goes to land and take a look around, it hits him, a wave of power, cold yet familiar. He moves closer to the source and see's 2 people standing amongst the carnage. He could feel it, something, it was just like what he felt, the thing that pulled inside. Throwing caution to the wind, in his desperate need to know, he walks towards them. Just as he starts the ground rumbles and a large creature reaches the surface and stares hungrily at the two. As this is happening he can feel the cold powerful feeling from the two growing, almost to the point of outright fear of there presence. His need to know overcomes this fear and he quickly crosses the distance between him and the creature and opens fire. He wouldnt lose this chance to know the truth, and this thing wouldnt stand in his way....

12. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Sam, I was just kind of asking for ideas to the story. Or are you writing your suggestions in narrative format?

13. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Petra senses another presence very near turns and see Redd Dylar, a smile of contempt twists her mouth into a malicious grin. Ah, she thought, perhaps I will have my chance to kill him afterall. She then looks at Axia who has seen Redd also but is focusing on their newest foe. Axia was right she was the only person Petra knew....Axia was the first person Petra had trusted since her family was slaughtered on Corellia..."You're wrong Axia I've felt emotion, greater than you'll ever know. They're called anguish and horror and despair, I felt them all when my family was executed like animals. You understand loss don't you, Axia? That's the only thing we ever had in common..."....

14. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    that's my suggestion... hope you thought it was a good one.... especially about the part that I finally get to kill Redd....

15. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    yeah, im just posting ideas, you could 3 way battle royal :D

Edit: and i wouldnt turn my back on axia to worry about me or the monster if i was you :)

16. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    hmm thought of another one :)

As the creature rises up axia reaches out with the her mind, reaching into the creatures mind, her hate boiling, she try's to calm the creature but her hate skews here concentration and the creaturs head is crushed like grape ;) failing that only increases the anger inside and she turns on petra, lightsaber ignited.....

17. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Sam, Shea, what limits do you have in me writing your characters?

18. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    About me and MR-V1N, we don't have to show up just yet. Maybe the 2 evil women could hire us as a transport later. Oh, and I don't mind if our characters die in your story... but not as just another casualty during a fit of rage. Make it cool.

19. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    The monster is a force sensitive abberation created hundreds of years ago by Sith Alchemists. The creation turned on its masters, and after a vicious fight in space, they ejected it from an airlock. Not completely convinced that it would not survive the burning atmospheric descent, (it was created to be incredibly tough, resilient, somewhat sentient, and crafty) they went to the planet's surface to check. They found a deep, smoking, blackened crater, and they sensed absolutely no life deep within it. They used their powers to fill in the crater, and left.

What actually happened was that the creature, while able to survive the vacuum of space, was not able to handle the inferno of atmospheric reentry after a long, brutal fight with it's presumed masters. It had instinctively entered into a force hibernation, an ability the Sith did not know one of it's building block species had. It's brain activity and physiological functions slowed to almost nothing, entering a survival mode.

Those who visited the site later never knew why they would fall ill, or feel exhausted for days afterward. They never knew why the trees looked wilted, and things had a hard time growing there. Little did they know was that deep inside the ground, the creature was siphoning the force from all living things that came near, not enough to kill it, but enough to regenerate and continue to have a source to siphon from.

Once the creature is back at close to full strength, it is awakened by a great disturbance in the force. It knows it is hungry.

how's that? too much? use what you want, or not... have fun, I am enjoying your story!

20. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Not too much at all, I will definitely use some of those elements. Glad you are enjoying it.

Sam, what are your limits, what can I do with your character?

Morondude, what's the name of your character?

21. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    hmmm, well im going with that my character doesnt know what the 'force' is but has been trying to understand over 3 years, calling upon the dark and light side both, so depending on who i meet i could come over to either side :) if you need to kill me you can and i am wearing armor since im a bounty hunter, thus you wouldnt look at me and go 'hey look its redd!'

22. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    My character is Kleff Rixxard!

23. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Petra and Axia both tensed to leap at one another when the ground shook beneath them. Dozen of meters away the ground itself gave way, a noise echoing from the newly formed pit. The sound unlike anything either woman has ever heard before. A large creature clawed its way out and stares at them, its coal colored eyes somehow the only visible thing in the gathering darkness. It surveys the carnage about him knowing it was their deaths that awoke it from its slumber....

And now the continuation?

Petra and Axia both felt the emanations coming from this creature, this beast that had dug it?s self from it?s early grave moments ago. This creature was composed of nothing but Dark side energy and it had been asleep for a long time. It was hungry. It was drawn to the force.

Axia turned to Petra. ?We have to get out of here.? They said in unison.

Petra nodded her head indicating something behind Axia?s left shoulder. ?There?s a man in armor that?s landed a ways off. He is heading straight for us. His ?presence? fells like Redd.?

Axia looked at the man off in the distance. ?Redd? We haven?t seen him since Coruscant. He?s also between us and our speeder bikes.?

?Call in Kleff for extraction. We can?t get to our bikes with that monster breathing over our shoulder anyway. Let?s do a speed burst and get a little distance between us.?

Petra and Axia deignited their lightsabers and seemed, to the naked eye to simply disappear. In truth they both ran away from the creature and Redd using the force to put on a burst of speed. They both came to a stop several hundred meters away.

Axia pulled a comlink from her dark robes and raised it to her lips. ?Kleff, come in.?

?Go ahead.?

?We need immediate extraction. Follow this signal. Be aware, there is a large creature northeast of our position and a man in armor on foot, though he looks to have arrived via a small freighter.? Axia finished.

?Already underway. Be there in five minutes.?

Axia kept the line open and put the comlink away. In her right hand still rested her lightsabre. Her secondary hilt hung from her belt but her robes were pulled away from it. Petra had her two hilts still attached and in her right-handed grip.

Petra looked off in the distance for a moment then turned back to her partner and sometimes friend. Axia was right she was the only person Petra knew....Axia was the first person Petra had trusted since her family was slaughtered on Corellia..."You're wrong Axia. I've felt emotion, greater than you'll ever know. They're called anguish and horror and despair, I felt them all when my family was executed like animals. You understand loss don't you, Axia? That's the only thing we ever had in common??

?Yes, I understand loss all too well. Thanks to you, I?ve lost my mother. You stole from my family! MY FAMILY!!? Axia yelled, the hate and anger rolling off of her in waves and gaining in momentum.

Off in the distance the creature howled and started forward again in the direction of Axia and Petra.

?MY WHOLE FAMILY IS DEAD! YOU STILL HAVE YOUR MOTHER! WHY?.? Petra yelled, suddenly stopping. ?Why are you so selfish? I?ve had nothing since my family died, except you and my master and we know she?s only using us.?

?I?m selfish?!? Axia asked incredously. Was she selfish? Axia could hear the ship approaching.

Axia held out her hand. ?Give it to me. It belongs to my mother, not you.?

?No?

?Damn you. This isn?t finished.? Axia said as Kleff?s freighter came in low and the boarding ramp descended. She turned to the freighter.

?You know if you had just asked four years ago I probably would have just given it to you.? Axia said turned away from Petra. She moved to board the ramp put Petra?s grip on her arm stopped her.

?Why? I wouldn?t have done the same.? Petra demanded.

Axia just looked at Petra. If felt different hearing Petra say what she always knew to be true. It wasn?t something she was expecting. Why would it be different? ?I know and if you have to ask, you wouldn?t understand the answer.?

?Don?t give me that.?

24. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Wow! Great writing uh... Axia!

25. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    okay, who is Tira talking to?

Should more be done with the monster?

Should we see Axia and Petra's master?

What other ideas do people have?